Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Thank you for the interview, Alba! It will be interesting to see where Eliza's skating and consistency moved since her debut, so I'm thrilled to hear she's doing another Indian program. Hopefully she has a successful season and isn't hampered by any further injury! The last couple of years must have been difficult for her, because her body has gone through quite a change; and I don't mean it in a negative way.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you for the interview, Alba! It will be interesting to see where Eliza's skating and consistency moved since her debut, so I'm thrilled to hear she's doing another Indian program. Hopefully she has a successful season and isn't hampered by any further injury! The last couple of years must have been difficult for her, because her body has gone through quite a change; and I don't mean it in a negative way.

It's not negative, don't worry. It's the truth and it happens with many girls.
I do think it's all in her head, as she said. The injuries have strengthen the fear, I suppose.

We'll see...but I wish her all the best.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Her body has gone through a change, but I don't think it's a change she can't deal with. If she's healthy and sorts out her competitive nerve, she can rise again. It's not like her jumps have totally left her. I hope she can skate freer and better because the pressure is now off her, with so many people dismissing her already.

And while I'm the first to value consistency in a skater... no point in being too harsh on Liza. Yulia is the only one we can call consistent in this post-Yuna field.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I would love to see her compete again at a high level, so hearing about the new coach sounds promising! I wish her all the best ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see her compete again at a high level, so hearing about the new coach sounds promising! I wish her all the best ;)

Oh no! It was a joke. She was using a penguin skate aide in the photo used to help teach kids to skate. She is smiling like crazy. So too is the penguin I think! Sorry I should be more serious here. :slink:

I too wish her the best:)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Oh no! It was a joke. She was using a penguin skate aide in the photo used to help teach kids to skate. She is smiling like crazy. So too is the penguin I think! Sorry I should be more serious here. :slink:

I too wish her the best:)

Haha you got me there :laugh: No worries, its been a long working day for me ;)

Cheers for the video Darazam! :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Liza has found a new coach!! This guy is purely focused on developing skating skills.

http://instagram.com/p/rPOGIzzQeY/

:)
You got me for a second there, too. :laugh: But thank you for sharing the pic. It's great to see her smiling like she's genuinely happy (no matter who her coach is, or whether her coach is human or not ;)).

I usually don't check these things before the season starts, but I had to check this one. I quite like it, actually. She seems to really feel this music, and some of the spin positions were quite interesting. It needs a bit more polish (especially some of the leg movements), but it's a workable Bolero. Now, please, Liza, no more black outfits...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
According to the latest interview from Mishin Liza has back problems. If they find the way to deal with pain she might get back to the competitions on a high level. If not- she might need a serious medical help. He said her skating matured and she will be the one to watch in the upcoming season. But first they have to deal with back issue, arrange her trainings accordingly and only then compete. If she misses the Grand Prix assignments due to her health condition she might be replaced. So lets not worry in advance and lets wait for the news on her health first.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight

Oh, I like that program very much, and much better than Bolero! Really suited to her I think.

According to the latest interview from Mishin Liza has back problems. If they find the way to deal with pain she might get back to the competitions on a high level. If not- she might need a serious medical help. He said her skating matured and she will be the one to watch in the upcoming season. But first they have to deal with back issue, arrange her trainings accordingly and only then compete. If she misses the Grand Prix assignments due to her health condition she might be replaced. So lets not worry in advance and lets wait for the news on her health first.

Very sad to hear. Best wishes to Liza.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:cry: Oh no... Why can't anything go right for Liza? But health comes first. I hope they do a thorough check-up and find what's best for her. If she misses the Grand Prix, so be it. Maybe she could still be ready in time for nationals? (I hope she'll have a chance earlier in the season to re-establish herself and up her PCS, but it's not worth further injuries).

I like her new FS, especially with the changes in tempo.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

I don't like the SP: she's skating to Bolero but the movements and the transitions are almost identical to the ones that she used for Latino music, she doesn't seem to feel the music at all :disapp: But I was pleasantly surprised by the FS: the Egyptian style suits her skating, I like the detailed use of the hands and the last part of the program, plus there where some very interesting entries to some of the jumps (the flip, the loop and the last axel) :clap:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza has found a new coach!! This guy is purely focused on developing skating skills.

Oh, she is so beautiful! :love: I swear she gets more beautiful every year.

her weight is looking better. i love this skater. hope she gets it back together. such a performer with tons of heart. look forward to seeing her at skate america

There was nothing wrong with her weight to begin with. :rolleye:

:cry: :cry: Oh, this is so not fair! She's easily the best of the Russian girls. I hope she gets better soon and I'm glad she has Mishin to look after her and make sure she doesn't push it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Ach, Sam! You got in before me! I saw a couple of similar photos on Facebook last night, and decided to wait until this morning to post them.

Ilaria Ciotti and Liza
Liza on her own

Mind you, I'm glad you did get in before me, because that was a brilliant angle you came up with about her having a new coach. I would never have thought of that one!

As for the ongoing discussion about Liza's weight (will they ever give over?!) You all know that I never subscribed to the theory that she was overweight. I thought she was a beautiful, healthily-proportioned young woman just the way she was.

This was her natural figure, and I for one liked it!

But, because of the avalanche of people saying she needed to lose weight, Liza has now bowed to the pressure.

People have been jumping on the fact that she posts photos of eating ice cream, and other "unhealthy" things on her instagram. So, in the past month or so, we have started seeing photos like this instead:

9th July
14th July
1st August

Like, this isn't right! A teenage girl getting pressurised into taking supplements like this! If she was a normal person and not a figure skater, there would be uproar!

And, from looking at some of the recent photos I've seen of her, I am worried. In my opinion, she has lost far too much weight.

Liza on the ice at Friends On Ice masterclass that Tamara Moskvina took

Look how small that waist is! :eek: I don't care what anybody says, but that is NOT healthily proportioned!

So, I hope that those that have been harping on about her weight the past few years are proud of themselves! :mad:

A very angry CaroLiza_fan

Macassar88

Medalist
I'm sure most athletes take supplements though - it gives them all the nutrients and stuff that they need