Natalia Zabiiako & Alexander Enbert | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Natalia Zabiiako & Alexander Enbert

The Finn

Record Breaker

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
According to Nina Mozer in this interview, they will have their final performance in a show at VTB Arena in Moscow this evening, and likely to retire. (Ms. Mozer adds that Sasha is healthy now, but the effort to come back this season did not work out :sad21: )

Arbitrary

Medalist
Officially retired today 26/2/2020.

Reason: incurable trauma of Enbert.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I’m really disappointed to hear that. I just started to adore them last season, they had such a potential. :sad46:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just thought you may be interested to know that, while on there looking for something else, I discovered that Alexandr Zaboev is on Ice Partner Search.

So, now that Natalja is competing for Sasha's home country rather than her own, could we see them reunited? After all, the whole reason they split is that, having qualified for the Sochi Olympics, his application for Estonian citizenship was turned down. But, now that she has Russian citizenship, red tape would no longer be a problem for going to the Olympics. The only problem they would now have is the comptition for the slots.

CaroLiza_fan

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Just thought you may be interested to know that, while on there looking for something else, I discovered that Alexandr Zaboev is on Ice Partner Search.

So, now that Natalja is competing for Sasha's home country rather than her own, could we see them reunited?
It is most unlikely considering what he told in interviews after splitting with Natalia. She would rather do shows with Enbert or as she stated recently she might try in a movie.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It is most unlikely considering what he told in interviews after splitting with Natalia. She would rather do shows with Enbert or as she stated recently she might try in a movie.

Oh. Didn't realise there was bad feeling. There's that theory out the window then.

Mmmm. Not sure that shows or movies would be the best move at this stage of her career. She's still young enough, and certainly good enough, to have many more years as a competitive Pairs skater ahead of her. Maybe it could work as a way to fill time until she gets a new partner. But I would not want to see her do it permanently.

CaroLiza_fan

Margaret Li

Spectator

So, now that Natalja is competing for Sasha's home country rather than her own, could we see them reunited? After all, the whole reason they split is that, having qualified for the Sochi Olympics, his application for Estonian citizenship was turned down. But, now that she has Russian citizenship, red tape would no longer be a problem for going to the Olympics. The only problem they would now have is the comptition for the slots.

CaroLiza_fan

Definitely not!

For technician, I don't think he is good enough for Natasha, though he has good jumps. If you've seen their performance before, like 2014 Europeans, Zaboev seems not strong enough to hold Natasha. He is 177cm, compared with Enbert's 189cm. He is slow during lifts, and the heights of twists and throws are also very poor. I also don't think his skating skills can match with Natalja's.

For the relationship, I can't make judgements, but what can be sure is that this partnership seems is a total nightmare for Natalja. For all 5 partners, Zaboev is the only one Natalja gave very bad comments, and she mentioned in an interview that she never contacted Zaboev since she moved to Russia. During their partnership, Natalja even refused to add Zaboev to her friend list on vk.

For Natalja's own willing, if she still wants to compete, she can just find someone who is much better than Zaboev in Russia, like Korovin. I remembered last year some fans even suggested her to have a tryout with Volodin. But it seems she gets along very well with Enbert, so she doesn't want to skate with anyone else. Enbert also confirmed that although they retired, the partnership of Natalia Zabiiako / Alexander Enbert will maintain.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Definitely not!

For technician, I don't think he is good enough for Natasha, though he has good jumps. If you've seen their performance before, like 2014 Europeans, Zaboev seems not strong enough to hold Natasha. He is 177cm, compared with Enbert's 189cm. He is slow during lifts, and the heights of twists and throws are also very poor. I also don't think his skating skills can match with Natalja's.

For the relationship, I can't make judgements, but what can be sure is that this partnership seems is a total nightmare for Natalja. For all 5 partners, Zaboev is the only one Natalja gave very bad comments, and she mentioned in an interview that she never contacted Zaboev since she moved to Russia. During their partnership, Natalja even refused to add Zaboev to her friend list on vk.

For Natalja's own willing, if she still wants to compete, she can just find someone who is much better than Zaboev in Russia, like Korovin. I remembered last year some fans even suggested her to have a tryout with Volodin. But it seems she gets along very well with Enbert, so she doesn't want to skate with anyone else. Enbert also confirmed that although they retired, the partnership of Natalia Zabiiako / Alexander Enbert will maintain.

Thank you so much for your insights. It does sound like they didn't have a good relationship, so I will forget about that as a possibility.

I have liked Natalja from her days in Singles, and as a fan I want to see her continue. Her partnership with Enbert was definitely her best Pairs partnership, and it is a shame to see it end. But, injuries are something you can't help.

The thing is, I do not want Sasha to risk doing himself further damage. So, although I like him, I would actually prefer to see him not to do shows with Natalja but to instead stop completely. Perhaps take up coaching or something.

And because I like Natalja, I was trying to find for ways for her to continue. I am one of those people that doesn't like splitting up existing partnerships just to make new ones, so I was looking at who was actually available and looking. And Zaboev's name jumped out at me.

But now that I know Zabijako and Zaboev didn't get on, I will scratch that off as a possibility for my desperate attempt to keep Natalja competing.

Thank you so much for opening my eyes to all this.

And welcome to the forum! I hope you have a good time on here! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Margaret Li

Spectator
Thank you so much for your insights. It does sound like they didn't have a good relationship, so I will forget about that as a possibility.

I have liked Natalja from her days in Singles, and as a fan I want to see her continue. Her partnership with Enbert was definitely her best Pairs partnership, and it is a shame to see it end. But, injuries are something you can't help.

The thing is, I do not want Sasha to risk doing himself further damage. So, although I like him, I would actually prefer to see him not to do shows with Natalja but to instead stop completely. Perhaps take up coaching or something.

And because I like Natalja, I was trying to find for ways for her to continue. I am one of those people that doesn't like splitting up existing partnerships just to make new ones, so I was looking at who was actually available and looking. And Zaboev's name jumped out at me.

But now that I know Zabijako and Zaboev didn't get on, I will scratch that off as a possibility for my desperate attempt to keep Natalja competing.

Thank you so much for opening my eyes to all this.

And welcome to the forum! I hope you have a good time on here! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you so much. I will enjoy my time here although my English is poor.:biggrin:
Natasha first grabed my attention in 2011 world championships. I though that was very early. You seemed to pay attention to her earlier than me!

I'm glad Natasha and Sasha met each other after both of them had changed so many partners, and made huge achievements in just 4 years. I was heartbroken when I knew both of them decided to retire, and due to Sasha's health problems, I think ice shows are nearly impossible.

Like you, since Natasha is still healthy, I also desparately want to see her on the ice again, but maybe Natasha thought it was meaningless to skate without Sasha, considering the paths they've gone through.

Most importantly, no matter what choice they make, even it's not what we want, we wish both of them happiness forever.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you so much. I will enjoy my time here although my English is poor.:biggrin:

Don't say that your English is poor! It is so good that I would never have guessed that you were not a native speaker!

Natasha first grabed my attention in 2011 world championships. I though that was very early. You seemed to pay attention to her earlier than me!

I have always tended to take an interest in smaller Federations. There is a lot of talent in the smaller countries, but these skaters just do not get the attention that they deserve. Or the funding. :disapp:

Because I like seeing skaters from smaller Feds doing well, I admit that I was disappointed when Natalja switched to representing the biggest Fed. But, I totally understand why she did. When there is a shortage of eligible partners in your own country, and your government won't give your foreign partner a passport so that you can achieve your ambitions, what else can you do?

And, as we have seen, switching could not have worked out any better for Natalja because, after her initial partnership in Russia didn't work out, she found the perfect partner!

I'm glad Natasha and Sasha met each other after both of them had changed so many partners, and made huge achievements in just 4 years.

You are right - we should be glad that they got together and did so well. It's never easy finding the right partner. There are so many variables that need to be right, and a partnership that might seem to tick all the boxes on paper just may not work out when they get together.

I have to admit, I was also a fan of Sasha's previous partners, Davankova and Gerboldt. And so it was sad to see the way their careers went after splitting with him.

But, I am happy that these splits led to him teaming up with Natalja.

I was heartbroken when I knew both of them decided to retire, and due to Sasha's health problems, I think ice shows are nearly impossible.

Totally agree. He is only 30, and has many years in front of him. So, thinking about his long-term health is more important.

Like you, since Natasha is still healthy, I also desparately want to see her on the ice again, but maybe Natasha thought it was meaningless to skate without Sasha, considering the paths they've gone through.

And if that is the way she is looking at it, it just shows that this was the right partnership for her! :)

It is always so lovely to see a skater leave their competitive career happy.

Most importantly, no matter what choice they make, even it's not what we want, we wish both of them happiness forever.

And that is all we ever want for our skaters. :agree:

And can I just say, it has been so nice talking to you the past couple of days.

CaroLiza_fan

ice_tulip

On the Ice
I just realized Z/E retired! And after showing so much promise with a World bronze medal! What is this "trauma" that Enbert sustained? Psychological or physical or both?

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I just realized Z/E retired! And after showing so much promise with a World bronze medal! What is this "trauma" that Enbert sustained? Psychological or physical or both?

He has some heart issues. The doctors forbidden him to exceed the pulse over 140 beats per minute. And that means no competitive career at elite level.