Natalia Zabiiako & Alexander Enbert | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Natalia Zabiiako & Alexander Enbert

The Finn

Record Breaker
It looks like they will skate at the Lombardia Trophy and at the Ondrej Nepela Memorial. Can't wait.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
The best looking couple on these test skates, and so prepared as well. Last year they were really stiff and emotionless now they look like they are enjoying what they do. Think purple.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Natalia and Sasha will skate at the Golden Spin of Zagreb. A/R will be there also, should be very interesting. Hopefully Z/E will take their 3rd consecutive CS victory at Zagreb.

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
I just watched Russian nationals again, I love Z/E but their music seems to lack depth, the SP and FS. What is happening with Russian music choices? T/M have the same problem. I hope Russia restores their pairs skating glory sooner rather than later.

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Natalja Zabijako & Alexander Enbert

And due to the music selection that lacks depth, the program inevitably suffers. Enbert really has potential to be at the top as he has so much strength but he needs to improve his jumps but also his age might hinder that :/

anyanka

Record Breaker
Good work today you guys! Congratulations and molodets on your first European medal!!! :clap:

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
I was just wondering, I know why Zabijako and Enbert have the costume change thing in their FS, they have Tatiana Druchinina as their choreographer and she was the choreographer of kavaguti and smirnov. (Remember that Strauss waltz FS they did where kavaguti peeled a part of her red dress to reveal the love heart?)
Pretty sure druchinina choreographed that as well.
I am not surprised now, but I hope they have more extravagant costumes for the Olympics, I feel like the Russian costumes, especially Zabijako and Enbert, are getting a bit to simple and plain.
But love them nonetheless, I am so happy it was a Russian podium :)
Nina Mozer must be proud

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I think their costumes get lost "in translation". Her is a typical ballet training costume, but if one doesn't know about what is their FS and how ballet dancers costumes look like, it is difficult to understand why is so simple. Perhaps a bit more wouldn't be wrong for the Oly. Alina Zagitova gets a lot of attention starting with her beautiful costume, it looks great on ice and in photos (while white is rather too pale for ice, but in defense it makes Natalia lines and arm position even more graceful).

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Natalja Zabijako & Alexander Enbert

I am so extremely proud of Natalia and aleksandr. They have only been together since July 2015 till now which is only, TWO and A HALF years and to get 7th in the Olympics among veterans and top skaters like duhamel and Savchenko? Literally veterans who have been to the Olympics like James and cipres, WOW that is an achievement !

I don’t know of any pair who have been together this short amount of time and achieve 7th at the Olympics. AND not to mention, no bias at all and not even on home ice anywhere in Russia. I personally think this is an achievement, they deserve so much praise. If they are 7th only after 2 1/2 years, imagine what they could have done in 4 years...

I see a bright future for these two but only if they spice up their programs a tad more with more emotional connection. Another thing to consider may be Enbert’ s age
I mean he is not exactly ‘young’ and I kind of don’t see Enbert sticking around for another quad but wish them luck with whatever they do