Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

Alba

Record Breaker
some facts about them:

they only skated together since 2009
They were JGPF and Junior Worlds medalists with Sui/Han and Takahashi/Tran, time flies
their favorite pairs and idols are Savchenko / Szolokowy

they won an olympic medal in their first olympics, silver !

Their ISU biography
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012170.htm

Oh it's skyfly comment, but I don't know from where did she got that info.

Edit: There is an old interview on GS. I think this was in 2011 when they were juniors: http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/02/a-promising-pair/

She loves ice hockey and in skating she sees Ekaterina Gordeeva as her idol.

Klimov says that he doesn’t have any idols.
“I’m interested in modern figure skating and there are a couple of skaters that I like and whose level I’d like to reach,” he noted, naming Germany’s two-time World Champions Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy.

Alba

Record Breaker
Fedor Klimov: we must not fall below our level - you need to occupy the highest positions in all competitions

Sorry, google translation. http://translate.googleusercontent....=87426&usg=ALkJrhjyVdyWam5alMLawprhZDajSgphww

Today, 11 November, in Moscow, held a press conference dedicated to the Grand Prix of Figure Skating, which will be held in November 14-16 at the Small Sports Arena "Luzhniki".
Olympic champion in 2014 in the team event, Fedor Klimov, acting in tandem with Kenia Stolbova, told the special correspondent of the Agency of sport information "All Sport" Mary Staroverova than be surprised at the Moscow tournament.

I am sure that our competition Grand Prix will be held at the highest level, said Fedor Klimov.
We have already participated twice in the tournament, and always go perfectly. In organizational terms, even better than in other countries. And when everything is going well, it promotes good results. We will try to please all the fans and spectators with a good performance. We wish good luck to all the participants, especially Russians. Special purpose surprise we do not, just show your new program will try to execute them pure and worthy. And please the audience. It will try to do in the first place. If a bit elaborate programs. Short program at our Chinese motifs, the music from the movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", on the martial arts.
A arbitrary music from the musical "Notre-Dame de Paris." Here, I think, everything is clear.

- Did you miss the Russian public?
- Of course! Yes, and not only in public, but in serious international competitions. Last time we stand on Russian soil (smiles). In the spring, after the Olympic Games, we had demonstrations, and nedavie our first competition of the season was also in Russia. Therefore, waiting for us this first international start at Grand Prix with great impatience.

- In this season of tournaments you had only Russian Cup and now the first international start. So it was planned?
- Yes. However, we missed one start, it was canceled. No sooner had nowhere else stated. But we do and that's enough. We are in the last year were made at the same stage of the Cup of Russia in Sochi and then went to the first stage of the Grand Prix of America. Just now, a little later on the timing, so it seems that we are missing something. No, we worked and performed as planned. Now test the program, we will now show them in the international arena.

- What a show room will please the audience after the Russian competition Grand Prix?

- With this, we have not yet determined. Generally athletes have little superstition. I do not know how about all, but here it is. We advance this does not agree. We have rooms ready. Which one we will show, will decide after the event.

- What are the general objectives set for yourself for the new season?

- Objectives, as always - to skate cleanly and consistently perform all elements. Now we can not go below our level, you need to take the top places in all competitions. By this and will strive. Ahead of a new four-year cycle. We know when and what our main competition. To them and will fail. Now we are trying something new, and in the future it will do so in the end it turned out that we were the most suitable to be the most advantageous look. And, of course, try to perform the main start with the strongest programs.

flutz16

Match Penalty
I hope they have tweaked their SP choreo and music for CoR
it was too generic in that last local compeition

adelia

Record Breaker
I'm not quite so enthusiastic about their performance today but I think the program has great potential. The costumes were kind of like "Jetsons meets Mortal Kombat" though.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Costumes are indeed a big ***?
But I loved their sp today. I also like the step sequence at the end despite the criticism.

Alba

Record Breaker
Maybe it's just me but I loved their costumes. :biggrin:

Russian Pairs depth can compare with its Ladies depth. It's insane.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Some interesting 'view about technical elements:

S/K already had relatively stable quad salchow throw about 2 years ago. But they're not going to include it in their programs just yet, they want to establish themselves on the highest level for now, and then maybe (I hope) they'll add 4STh to their programs.
They're also doing 3+3 combo at their practices. But not always good synchro, so they still do their stable combination 3+2+2 at competitions. And they have some thoughts about jumping 3S instead of 2A in the future.

Alba

Record Breaker
Some interesting 'view about technical elements:

S/K already had relatively stable quad salchow throw about 2 years ago. But they're not going to include it in their programs just yet, they want to establish themselves on the highest level for now, and then maybe (I hope) they'll add 4STh to their programs.
They're also doing 3+3 combo at their practices. But not always good synchro, so they still do their stable combination 3+2+2 at competitions. And they have some thoughts about jumping 3S instead of 2A in the future.

I love that 3+2+2 combo. They do that so good. Never thought they have the 3S sbs jump.
It's interesting because the italian commentators were talking about that. Where did you read this?