Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I love that 3+2+2 combo. They do that so good. Never thought they have the 3S sbs jump.
It's interesting because the italian commentators were talking about that. Where did you read this?

Oh, I'm really sorry. I usually post source links to back up all my words, especially when I post something skaters said. I don't know why it slipped my mind this time. :no:

Here: http://itar-tass.com/sport/1575188

Also Google translate:
MOSCOW, November 16. / Corr. TASS Mikhail Makarov /. The winners of the Moscow stage of the Grand Prix of Figure Skating pair Xenia and Fedor Klimov Stolbov ready to complicate their programs, despite the already complex arsenal of elements. About this Stolbov told Tass correspondent.
"In training, each of us individually confidently performs a cascade of two triple jumps - said the Olympic champion team tournament in Sochi. - But we do not include it in the program because it synchronously execute does not always work, and the difference in complexity between stages 3 and 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 is not so significant. It is better beautifully stable, with the "span" to perform a 3 + 2 + 2 than not very confident, with no guarantee of 3 + 3. In addition, there are ideas instead of double axel jump triple Salchow, but is still too early. "
Stolbov added that the possible inclusion in the program, and other complex elements.
"I have two years ago made quite confident in training ejection Salchow in four turns. But our goal this season - a foothold on the level that we showed last season and not lope elements for ultra-si. Otherwise, chasing two rabbits, you can, as they say, do not catch anything, "- said the athlete.
Xenia and Fedor Klimov Stolbov
© EPA / KIYOSHI OTA
Russian pair took the podium at the Grand Prix of Figure Skating in Moscow
The debut season was successful
Xenia Stolbov in general was pleased with his performance in the long program at the Moscow Grand Prix. "Hire a success. We made only one small mistake in the cascade of three jumps. We both threw back after a triple toe loop, and to save the situation, we are not saying a word, instead of a single dual-made sheepskin and add to it another double. The remaining elements are made clean. So it's debut in the season can be considered successful. a bit sad that the season was canceled with allowance for the complex elements in the second half of any program. otherwise, we would have set a personal record today, "- said the skater.
Director of both programs Stolbovoi Klimova and this season was Nikolai Morozov.
"We love Fedor dynamic music in the short program. It is the wish we made Nicholas. He offered a rather unusual music - from the movie" Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. "Neither Nicholas nor the more we have not had experience with Chinese music. So the three of us went specifically in the People's center in New York, where he took a hour and a half lesson choreography. and they went thence filled with a mass of ideas and tried to put into the ice. as for the arbitrary, then take the music from "Notre Dame de Paris "was a joint idea. We just agreed that it should be no longer nabivshaya nauseam" Belle "and the cutting of the other music," - said Stolbov.
Xenia also actively participated in the development and costumes.
"The idea of the costumes in both programs is mine. And unhappy costumers designers had to work hard to realize all my ideas for the short program. Especially difficult were given arms, wings of foam on my dress. Yes, because these arms too hot and uncomfortable to perform several elements, but the beauty demands victims, "- says the interlocutor.

Dreamed of being leaders of the world figure skating
Explaining the reasons for his last break of the budding couple in a position of world leaders in pair skating, Xenia, said: "We completely changed my life in the past year, with the main aim of this was precisely the Olympic Games. We do not have room for error there. And the good performance Sochi really made everyone look at us with different eyes. and, frankly, we are finally believe in themselves. of course, we dream to be leaders, to us it was moving all world pairs skating. and personally, I love this feeling. I became more confident, even happier. I hope that the same spirit of our career, and will continue. I note that compete at the highest level I like much more than just a fight with ourselves. and I think we can now fight on equal terms with Tanya Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, even when they are, I hope, after recovering from injury partner to return to its previous high level. "
"I love to skate - continued Stolbov. - And I love to compete. When there is no long tournaments, I sometimes want to scream even beat someone. Need a splash of emotions. That, I think, our distinguishing feature Fedor" .
Stolbov disagreed with the common opinion that her character more sporty than the partner.
"In fact, Fyodor very strong character, he just, unlike me, is not so openly shows his. I even sometimes think that it is tougher than I am, he just very cultured and educated people. And if I need my emotions throw out, or I can explode, then Fyodor himself controls and constrains without problems. "

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you so much. The italians said that they are sure they will bring something in 1 year time.
I would love that. :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Thank you so much. The italians said that they are sure they will bring something in 1 year time.
I would love that. :)

You're welcome :)
And I really hope they'll be doing this 4STh soon too. Maybe next season, or season after next if they're healthy.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Stolbova disagreed with the common opinion that her character more sporty than the partner.
"In fact, Fyodor very strong character, he just, unlike me, is not so openly shows his. I even sometimes think that it is tougher than I am, he just very cultured and educated people. And if I need my emotions throw out, or I can explode, then Fyodor himself controls and constrains without problems. "

haha they're basically the complete contrast to Volosozhar & Trankov. :)

I love Ksenia and Fedor. I always thought they didn't get the credit they deserve.
Everyone's been talking about D\R this season but TBH Megan is no much to Ksenia's elegance, ease and flow.
Russian ladies are the BEST! :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Stolbova disagreed with the common opinion that her character more sporty than the partner.

haha they're basically the complete contrast to Volosozhar & Trankov. :)

So true. :biggrin:

I love this:
I love to skate - continued Stolbov. - And I love to compete. When there is no long tournaments, I sometimes want to scream even beat someone.

:laugh2:

I love Ksenia and Fedor. I always thought they didn't get the credit they deserve.
Everyone's been talking about D\R this season but TBH Megan is no much to Ksenia's elegance, ease and flow.
Russian ladies are the BEST! :)

If these two skate clean there is no competition no matter how hard D&R try with their tech.
S&K are a true pair. Her lines, extensions are gorgeous and they are so in sync that even when they make an error they make it in perfect sync.
That was incredible. :laugh:

kinoriH

Final Flight
So true. :biggrin:

I love this:

:laugh2:

If these two skate clean there is no competition no matter how hard D&R try with their tech.
S&K are a true pair. Her lines, extensions are gorgeous and they are so in sync that even when they make an error they make it in perfect sync.
That was incredible. :laugh:

At first i thought they were trying the "half loop" thing that Radionova does! haha
they were so in sync that it was almost unnoticed. Very cool.

I'm getting so excited about the next 4 years. I love the close friendships and overall positive enviroment in Mozer's team. Nothing like Zueva's and the whole V/M- D/W drama.
Even if S\K outshine V/T in the future (which is pretty possible and even most likely to happen)- it's not like V/T have something to lose. Both of them said the decision to keep skating was not because they want more medals, but because they enjoy skating together. After Sochi they even gave an interview saying that S/K are the "new generation" and "we help them, we teach them".

I feel like V/T are the proud parents of S\K ready to send their kids to collage... :cry:

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know. It's good to skate and train in the same group with the best pair like V&T. It motivates you and it pushes you to do better. So obviously is very helpful. But there comes a moment when you have to compete on equal terms, and these two are going there.

Not quite there yet, with some of their elements, but still they will. When they reach that point it might become a problem.
Usually it is, but in Mozer's case the good thing is that couples have their own coaches.
Therefore in this case it might not be a problem at all. I think Mozer has done a great job from this point of view.

I love both pairs because they are so different. I'm starting to like a lot T&M as well.

Alba

Record Breaker
They were great. I love them. :) She is so approachable and kind. :cheer2: Mozer is very funny lady. :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
Alba, what did you say to Ksenia, if you don't mind me asking? :cheer2:

I told her that I love their programs. That they are fantastic and she's a true warrior queen of the ice. :biggrin: I also said to Mozer: it looks like you are going to have a world champions in pairs this year too (you could hear my voice saying that :biggrin:) .

Snow63

Record Breaker
I told her that I love their programs. That they are fantastic and she's a true warrior queen of the ice. :biggrin: I also said to Mozer: it looks like you are going to have a world champions in pairs this year too (you could hear my voice saying that :biggrin:) .

They replied? :biggrin:

anyanka

Record Breaker

Very cool! Did you communicate in English, Russian, Italian, German with them ... ? Also, was Robin around?

Alba

Record Breaker
Very cool! Did you communicate in English, Russian, Italian, German with them ... ? Also, was Robin around?

English. Although she knew I was coming from Italy because I spoke with her longer after the short when she came to see the girls. The funny thing is that both she and Yulia replied to me thank you in italian. :)
She had her dog with her in Bordeaux also. :laugh:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I don't know if it was posted or not. Tarasova praises the hell out of Stolbova/Klimov here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch61SQoh6W4 :dance:

Edit: she basically said they're close to perfect couple, their skating looks classic but unpredictable at the same time. She's VERY happy with them right now. But you know, it's TAT :laugh: Still wanted to post it here.

Alba

Record Breaker
Edit: she basically said they're close to perfect couple, their skating looks classic but unpredictable at the same time.

She is right about that. They are not the classic couple, meaning not the romantic and all sugar.
They are powerful and athletic but they have the classical beautiful lines of the russian school.
It's a beautiful mix.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Edit: she basically said they're close to perfect couple, their skating looks classic but unpredictable at the same time. She's VERY happy with them right now. But you know, it's TAT :laugh: Still wanted to post it here.

I agree with Tat

She is right about that. They are not the classic couple, meaning not the romantic and all sugar.
They are powerful and athletic but they have the classical beautiful lines of the russian school.
It's a beautiful mix.

yes, I agree with you, too