Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

kinoriH

Final Flight
D/R won technically, but they have no relation to each other whatsoever. They skate to the music but not WITH it. I felt like I was watching two powerful athletes on the ice, but it never felt like a pair. The connection doesn't have to be romantic yet I'd like to see some eye connection, small stops in the chore to acknowledge the fact that there is someone there with you.

To me it seems like S/K know that they too, sometimes don't show the most amazing connection, but at least there's some chemistry there. They skate like one. They know where each other are going into jumps and even before entering the spin.

I'd just like to see them try new elements at Euros and Worlds.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yes, it's true. I still think they're favourites for World title. They are very consistent.

P.S. Guys, you have no idea how Trankov steamrolled D/R today :biggrin: I'm not going to post his words though. This forum will explode if I'll do it :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, it's true. I still think they're favourites for World title. They are very consistent.

They are, but with a clean skate from D&R - and you only needed once - it's going to be difficult.
Their TES is high and they are getting overscored in PCS as well. That SS scores is :unsure: :laugh2:

P.S. Guys, you have no idea how Trankov steamrolled D/R today :biggrin: I'm not going to post his words though. This forum will explode if I'll do it :)

PM, PM. :popcorn:

kinoriH

Final Flight

Please do!! I love his comments. haha

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I'm dying to know! Can you send it in a PM? :)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Yes, it's true. I still think they're favourites for World title. They are very consistent. P.S. Guys, you have no idea how Trankov steamrolled D/R today :biggrin: I'm not going to post his words though. This forum will explode if I'll do it :)

Can you just share because now in dying to know. My head might explode.

Alba

Record Breaker
I looked again the free. They give me goose bumps :love:, and Snow I do love the spanish version as well. :) I don't understand why Ksenia singled that second jump in the combo though. She could've double that. There was a lost moment there, a sense of giving up on that. :confused:

As I said before there is no need to rush for new elements. Slow and steady wins the race, so I agree with Mozer. Right now, what they need to do is master the elements even more, and make them top quality, like V&T. The twist, which they already have improved very much, should be even better.
The same goes for the lift, and their sbs spins should be PERFECTLY in sync always.

That's all for this season, and it doesn't matter even if they don't win. Just master the elements and then you can add new elements with more ease.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
add me to the list Snow63! I would love to know Trankov's thoughts on D/R :drama:

starlight97

Final Flight
Oh COME ON now Snow63!
You can't torture us non-Russian speakers like that :laugh2:
We're all desperate to know it now !

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I looked again the free. They give me goose bumps :love:, and Snow I do love the spanish version as well. :) I don't understand why Ksenia singled that second jump in the combo though. She could've double that. There was a lost moment there, a sense of giving up on that. :confused:

Trankov said she was so pumped up that she jumped too high on her first jump, and wasn't ready for the second jump in the combo. I think he's right :)