Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
2 all: I'm not sure it'll be appreciated if I post it in this thread. I will send all of you PMs later if you want :laugh2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FWIW: I think you can start a private group and all can comment on it privately. Look under your profile...select join groups(permission groups) and make a new one and set it to private. I've never done it but it looks like its there to be used. Someone needs to be the leader and they can approve guests. Just saying. :)

kinoriH

Final Flight
2 all: I'm not sure it'll be appreciated if I post it in this thread. I will send all of you PMs later if you want :laugh2:

Please send me a PM! I'd love to know what Trankiv said. He always says the most interesting things loool

Alba

Record Breaker
FWIW: I think you can start a private group and all can comment on it privately. Look under your profile...select join groups(permission groups) and make a new one and set it to private. I've never done it but it looks like its there to be used. Someone needs to be the leader and they can approve guests. Just saying. :)

That's great. Snow, start the group please. :popcorn:

Alba

Record Breaker
Trankov said she was so pumped up that she jumped too high on her first jump, and wasn't ready for the second jump in the combo. I think he's right :)

Of course he is right. He knows better these things, and he knows them.
I get what he's saying. :thumbsup:

starlight97

Final Flight
Of course he is right. He knows better these things, and he knows them.
I get what he's saying. :thumbsup:

I agree, if anybody can analyse their mistakes then it's a fellow pair skater who also trains with them.

Just wanted to say:
Ksenia is like a warrior queen:cheer2: !
She always looks so strong abd fierce out there plus her 2A is stronger than most of the men's!
And, while last season it was always "Ksenia and her partner" for me, this season I'm paying more attention to Fedor and I come to love him as well

kinoriH

Final Flight
Our beloved british comentators are on S/K side and aren't even trying to hide it... :laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SWI86ij3U

and here's D/R program- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JU_BUkXhPw&list=UUzmIiVbiQUdCk6VuVD4SGow

about D/R : "I've got to say, I don't think the program is a patch (??) on the russian, I just think that the way that program (S/K's) is put together is brilliant. But on the day, these two (D/R) technically had the edge."

they too, also noted that S/K rely on that second score and that it may not be enough amymore.

IMO you can try the hardest elements, jump the most difficult jumps/throws - but nothing matches V/T, or S/K effortless style. I have watched a lot of vids of russian pairs from the past, and I've got to say not all of them had the EASE and quality of this current russian generation. the canadians just don't have it.
I personally just CAN'T wait till S/K add more difficult elements and kick D/R butts. haha :dance:

ragdoll

On the Ice
Yes, it's true. I still think they're favourites for World title. They are very consistent.

P.S. Guys, you have no idea how Trankov steamrolled D/R today :biggrin: I'm not going to post his words though. This forum will explode if I'll do it :)

Why not post it here? It is Trankov's words you will be posting, not your own so people have no reason to get mad at you. I like the Russian style of speaking - they usually don't care too much about political correctness so they come across as honest and speaking from their hearts which is interesting to read. And who can be more entertaining than Trankov? I love reading interviews with him regardless of whether I agree with him or not. But if you feel you can't post a translation of his comments here, I'd love to get it in a PM.

Snow63

Record Breaker
In this interview Trankov talks quite a lot about D/R and S/K. can anybody translate anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sKXH-bi4_4&feature=youtu.be

Trankov: Canadian pair's win was deserved, because their SP was perfect and they had only one insignificant mistake in their FP. What got me really surprised is their PCS score. I think they were overscored, and their score do not reflect what they showed on the ice.
S/K also did small mistake on one jump and they were losing about 2 points after SP, so they didn't win here.

Russian commenter said S/K have even more powerful style of skating than V/T.

Reporter: are you concerned with D/R scores as acting skater?
Trankov: I think it happened in absense of me and Tatiana here. I think if we were there, there's probably weren't such big PCS scores, because judges would have compared them to us. So I'm not concerned at all, and technically we have difficult programs too. We have difficult lifts, we have level 4 twist (which no one did today)... CUT

Reporter: Let's talk about ladies. What's going on with Yulia Lipnitskaia? She wears new dress everytime she skates her FP this season, and still she's less confident with each start.
Trankov: I expected more (from her), because at her last GP event when she qualified in GPF she already skated well enough. But GPF is not a competition when you really should make any conclusions. For example, last year we (V/T) lost our GPF, but we won Olympics and Euros after that. That's why I think we shouldn't make any conclusions.

On question who's leader of russian ladies team.
Trankov: Leader is still Radionova, because she has more difficult programs than Liza. Liza won here because she was consistent and stable in both her programs. She won both, and left no doubts for judges who should win first place. I'm only worried that she has that many competitions in this season... around 8 events I think. That's very many for skaters for just one season. If she's really ready to compete 15 times in a year than she'll be the leader for next 4 years. She deservedly won GPF, and that's amazing present for her birthday :) I want to wish her HB, it's on 17th of December :)

Sorry if I made mistakes. My English is... well, not too well :) But I tried to do my best.

kinoriH

Final Flight
thank you for the translation!!

I love how honest he is. Lol "the scores were high because Tatiana and I weren't there".
i really hope he will keep commentating after he retires.

Snow63

Record Breaker
thank you for the translation!!

I love how honest he is. Lol "the scores were high because Tatiana and I weren't there".
i really hope he will keep commentating after he retires.

Yes, please. Four years later, please :)
We need some more competent commentators on Russian TV.

P.S. And I started the group. Still don't know if it's working properly)

kinoriH

Final Flight
Velikova said that Fedor jumps 3Lz: http://itar-tass.com/sport/1645131

Wow, I didn't know that.
I think in a couple of seasons we will probably see something more than 3S sbs.

I think almost all of Mozer's teams are capable of much more than what is shown. ;)

Trankov's 3Lz- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYQbcZ7MnZ4
Volosozhar's 3T- 3T (I really hope V/T will make this their next combination) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObNMbc-aLQ

Some people saw S/K land perfect 3sals in practice, and a quad throw. (though I strongly object to quad throws)

Snow63

Record Breaker