Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As we know she's such a beautiful girl and beautiful skater. But can Anastasia do big things in figure skating without a triple Axel or a quad? The Russian federation has always given her the shaft in my eyes and that has made things harder for Nastya. Now the competition will be even more insane witj Eteris babies becoming seniors.

That's a fairly big issue. She can't do anything ''big'' without the support of the fed. Plus it's obvious that Buianova has no political power with the ladies as it has shifted to her men so it's easier for the judges to hold down Nastia's PCS/GOE scores. It's definitely an uphill battle but the ice is slippery.

Scott512

Record Breaker
That's a fairly big issue. She can't do anything ''big'' without the support of the fed. Plus it's obvious that Buianova has no political power with the ladies as it has shifted to her men so it's easier for the judges to hold down Nastia's PCS/GOE scores. It's definitely an uphill battle but the ice is slippery.

That is truly depressing. why would anyone in the federation want to hold her PCS and GOE scores down? It makes no sense especially with a beautiful girl and beautiful skater she is.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is truly depressing. why would anyone in the federation want to hold her PCS and GOE scores down? It makes no sense especially with a beautiful girl and beautiful skater she is.

Maybe they prefer other skaters :confused2: Let's see what next season brings because it looks like she will be the only senior skater Buianova has besides Voronov. Maybe she can have a breakthrough.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Maybe they prefer other skaters :confused2: Let's see what next season brings because it looks like she will be the only senior skater Buianova has besides Voronov. Maybe she can have a breakthrough.

I hope so.

Russian Federation has always preferred other skaters on Anastasia's level like Stasya. it's something I've never understood as well as their scores always being low especially in domestic competitions.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
In case anyone avoids the Russian Ladies thread, Anastasiia is on the Senior Reserve Team, so that means she might get TWO GPs!!! It's about time she's getting appreciated by RusFed!!

MarinHondas

Final Flight
In case anyone avoids the Russian Ladies thread, Anastasiia is on the Senior Reserve Team, so that means she might get TWO GPs!!! It's about time she's getting appreciated by RusFed!!

I hope so!!! Waiting desperately for program news. Hope for something dramatic/story-telling like her R&J or lyrical. Last year she announced it in May.... maybe she will announce soon?

Scott512

Record Breaker
I hope so!!! Waiting desperately for program news. Hope for something dramatic/story-telling like her R&J or lyrical. Last year she announced it in May.... maybe she will announce soon?

Would swan lake be a good choice for you? I'm also surprised she hasn't announced her selection yet. Maybe anastasio and her team are still working on things before they make their final choices public.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I hope she gets to in addition to test skates Russian cup Russian Nationals and maybe three or four challengers. That should keep her busy.

Maju

On the Ice
The title of this looks like a lawsuit 😂 Very happy Nastya has good chances for some GPs!

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
No GP assignments but there are always Challengers/Senior Bs.

Why? aren't there 18 Grand Prix spots for 9 skaters 7 on the main team and two reserves? it makes no sense for her to be with cska and Buyanovas top lady not get 1 spot. Nastya has gotten the shaft her whole career and you can make the case that shes the most beautiful lady skater with great skating skills.

Rusfed strange. Did they forget Buyanova coached Russias first ever ladies olympic champion? Its like Eteri and Mishin are the only coaches. Lol.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Why? aren't there 18 Grand Prix spots for 9 skaters 7 on the main team and two reserves? it makes no sense for her to be with cska and Buyanovas top lady not get 1 spot. Nastya has gotten the shaft her whole career and you can make the case that shes the most beautiful lady skater with great skating skills.

Rusfed strange. Did they forget Buyanova coached Russias first ever ladies olympic champion? Its like Eteri and Mishin are the only coaches. Lol.

Sorry to say that but Buyanova's ladies were one big disaster last season. Masha still got one spot but she is away, logically.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Sorry to say that but Buyanova's ladies were one big disaster last season. Masha still got one spot but she is away, logically.

I wouldn‘t say Gubanova was “one big disaster“. I think she definitely deserved a GP assignment. I don‘t understand why she didn‘t get one.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I wouldn‘t say Gubanova was “one big disaster“. I think she definitely deserved a GP assignment. I don‘t understand why she didn‘t get one.

It's the reputation, I guess, failures at big competitions weren't probably compensatged by Gubanova's relative success on smaller competitions. I remember when Alina's successes at Nebelhorn and JO were talked as "nothing important". So this is how "nothing important" really looks like (and this is not against Nastya at all).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yeah, Gubanova wasn't a disaster in the slightest. She just has no luck. They simply ran out of space :confused2: It didn't help that Russia gave Konstantinova the host spot at Rostelecom, that could have been Gubanova but they decided it was best to give Stanislava 2.

Scott512

Record Breaker

If you think Anastasia was a disaster you didn't watch her skate last year. Yes she makes mistakes and it's not as consistent as she needs to be but I can easily make the case that she's the most beautiful skater of all the Russian ladies and has superb skating skills to go along with it. Why she keeps getting ignored I have no idea. I'm not even asking for two grand prix assignments but to have Maria who was busy with University and Sima get one ahead ofor Gubanova is ridiculous. you want to talk about disasters look at them last season. They did nothing. Let's compare what they did at Russian National. I'll let Remy Rose do that.

Her overall performances last year was not top 3 Russian ladies but with her great skating skills and beautiful skating and being only 16 years old I would think they would want to push this girl to the hilt instead of pushing her out the door.

Why even put Anastasia as an alternate or reserve on the Russian national team for not going to give her one freaking Grand Prix assignment? And her coach has coached an Olympic champion the first one ever for Russia in ladies figure skating. The whole thing stinks to the high heavens and is very very strange. If she got the opportunities Stanislava has had Anastasias career would be much different to this point. She still only 16 years old so why not push her instead of two 20 year olds who did nothing last season?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
If you think Anastasia was a disaster you didn't watch her skate last year. Yes she makes mistakes and it's not as consistent as she needs to be but I can easily make the case that she's the most beautiful skater of all the Russian ladies and has superb skating skills to go along with it. Why she keeps getting ignored I have no idea. I'm not even asking for two grand prix assignments but to have Maria who was busy with University and Sima get one ahead ofor Gubanova is ridiculous. you want to talk about disasters look at them last season. They did nothing. Let's compare what they did at Russian National. I'll let Remy Rose do that.

Her overall performances last year was not top 3 Russian ladies but with her great skating skills and beautiful skating and being only 16 years old I would think they would want to push this girl to the hilt instead of pushing her out the door.

Why even put Anastasia as an alternate or reserve on the Russian national team for not going to give her one freaking Grand Prix assignment? And her coach has coached an Olympic champion the first one ever for Russia in ladies figure skating. The whole thing stinks to the high heavens and is very very strange. If she got the opportunities Stanislava has had Anastasias career would be much different to this point. She still only 16 years old so why not push her instead of two 20 year olds who did nothing last season?

This topic was submitted to extensive research in russian ladies thread and more or less it got to the similar point I made in response to Fluture above (yet I admit I made it with slightly different motives :) ). World standing is obviously more than moderate success at CS competitions. Sima had also higher SB than Nastya. Also, Sima is 19, Nastya is still 16 so she has time. And about the "disaster thing" - the results of the top Buyanova's ladies at bigger competitions obviously didn't fill anybody with optimism about her other skaters. If it would be on me, I would give Sotskova's spot to Gubanova, probably, but again, world standing plays a role in it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This topic was submitted to extensive research in russian ladies thread and more or less it got to the similar point I made in response to Fluture above (yet I admit I made it with slightly different motives :) ). World standing is obviously more than moderate success at CS competitions. Sima had also higher SB than Nastya. Also, Sima is 19, Nastya is still 16 so she has time. And about the "disaster thing" - the results of the top Buyanova's ladies at bigger competitions obviously didn't fill anybody with optimism about her other skaters. If it would be on me, I would give Sotskova's spot to Gubanova, probably, but again, world standing plays a role in it.

I don't think saying she probably deserves a Grand Prix event over Maria is more than a probably and wow Buyanovas girl struggle last year I would say Anastasia became her number one girl and had quality skating last season besides being very beautiful skating. Maria quite frankly showed no interest in figure skating and that should be held against her.

Nastya wasn't as good as she could have been last but far from a disaster. Clearly underscore that Russian Nationals and Russian Cup final. My problem with the Russian Federation is that they set all of her supporters up by making her part of the national team as a reserve when they had no intention of giving her 1 Grand Prix. I thought she would get two because she's the most beautiful skater of all the Russian girls and would be a nice complement to all the technical wizards and jumping jacks they have . This is like a cat chasing its tail we go round and round discussing this issue of Anastasia and the Russian Federation. But it never ends and the diamond in the rough Nastya keeps getting stifled. I don't know if there's a way forward for her because more girls will become seniors next season and 3A will be in their second season and probably ready to dominate.

People have mentioned from time to time that Anastasie should change countries. But that's very hard to do . If she tried something like that now the Russian Federation would probably block her from all competitions in the 2019-2020 season. If she ever considers changing countries and I don't think she is, it should be done after the next season. But it won't happen because her little sister is a figure skater moving up in the system and the parents probably don't want to uproot either girl.

Good luck to Nastya next season. I hope her second year at cska and with this coach will be very good to her.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well for one, being assigned to the Russian national team does not guarantee you any GP assignment (not sure where people got this from), it's just a list for funding based off of results at nationals (top 5), Russian cup final (top 5), and international success (worlds/euros/GPF) from the season that just finished. The reason why Gubanova was assigned to the reserve team was because of her 5th place at the Cup Final, nothing more. Maria/Serafima were not put on the team b/c Serafima didn't qualify for nationals and finished outside the top 5 at the Cup final and the opposite is true for Maria. Once again, this has nothing to do with getting an international assignment.

I honestly think they simply ran out of space. It could have been done had the RusFed given Nastia the host spot at Rostelecom but they obviously thought it was much more profitable to give Stanislava 2 then to leave both girls with 1.

Serafima got a GP before Gubanova b/c she has a higher SB.

Maria has a top 24 WR and those on that list could have been assigned before they even touched the ladies in the top 24 SB (who were not already in the top 12 at Worlds). If that's true, that would leave 1 spot remaining for Tarusina/Gubanova/Konstantinova to fight for and they gave it to Stanislava.

Well lets see how this season goes.