Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

sjid

Final Flight
Sergey Dudakov then. I suppose he is head in jump trainings. What about choreography, I would say that Svetlana Korol (Nastya's choreographer) is the best I ever seen. Teach young girl to feel music and pay attention to any small detail - it's just phenomenal.

Nastya has a natural gift for expressing music with movement. Her choreographer understands the language of music and its relation to movement. Very few listen to music this way. She has taken Nastya into a very special world, and Nastya is a musical sponge. Movement becomes superficial parody without appreciation of the language of music, Averbukh's kites and hopscotch are extreme examples. If Nastya goes to Eteri, she will be lost in the sophomoric trivia that has devastated at least one of Eteri's former charges. It will run counter to her character and her training, Eteri has nothing to offer and much to fear.

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight
Bring her back to Urmanov!!

This is the solution. Nastya worked well with him, leaving him because he left St. Petersburg for Sochi. He has been successful with Yulia's jumps challenges, where others failed and gave up on her. He provides a serene and nurturing environment, he values musical expression as a priority. And Yulia is there. Yulia is the one skater who skates with Nastya's musical depth. They are soulmates. They would be very good for each other.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did she say Hanyu is her favorite skater? I hate seeing her cry but she seems to be holding it together well enough. Such a sweet kid :ghug:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Two seasons (!) and Turenko still can't fix her lutz. It's waste of talent. I feel sorry for Angel. Really sad. :(

Meoima

Match Penalty
Two seasons (!) and Turenko still can't fix her lutz. It's waste of talent. I feel sorry for Angel. Really sad. :(
Maybe they should send her to Urmanov, maybe he can do something. She is not old enough for Olympic so not going to JWC this season is not that much of a big deal.

Elaine666

Final Flight
Who choreographed for her? Such a waste to her talents. I personally wanna see her work with David Wilson or Tom Dickson.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Who choreographed for her? Such a waste to her talents. I personally wanna see her work with David Wilson or Tom Dickson.
Her choreography is actually pretty good. The issue with her is her lutz especially not her choreography

Elaine666

Final Flight
Her choreography is actually pretty good. The issue with her is her lutz especially not her choreography

I think her short program is fine, but the long, is particularly flat, like plain water. The only thing I can remember from her LP is her elegant ballerina-like arms and movements. She saved the program; but to standout she needs a program that can actually carry her, though it seems useless under current circumstance. I agree with you, her lutz is the biggest issue for now.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think her short program is fine, but the long, is particularly flat, like plain water. The only thing I can remember from her LP is her elegant ballerina-like arms and movements. She saved the program; but to standout she needs a program that can actually carry her, though it seems useless under current circumstance. I agree with you, her lutz is the biggest issue for now.
She has good transitions in and out of elements, and the phrase of the music is very fine. It's her lutz and air position she should fix. Maybe she should go to Urmanov.
She can jump high, her toe loop is ok. She can survive puberty.

sjid

Final Flight
She won't be age eligible for Olympic year, she will have more time to improve her technique, and less exposure to the media. It might be a good thing.
^^ The wisdom of your observation has been borne out by the last two competitions.

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight
I think her short program is fine, but the long, is particularly flat, like plain water. The only thing I can remember from her LP is her elegant ballerina-like arms and movements. She saved the program; but to standout she needs a program that can actually carry her, though it seems useless under current circumstance.
This assessment is purely subjective. There are several of us who are equally subjective but admire her choreography for its musical substance. To some eyes and ears, R&J is quality choreography set to quality music. Nastya's presentation score was within 3 1/3 points of the highest segment score, but her technical score was about 15 below. The 3 artistic scores of the PCS are a little more than a point below Zagitova. Keep in mind that she was not at the top of her game today. Her choreography is unique, and her music really stands out for its beauty and substance. I would hate to see her take another path.

Here are scores for comparison, taken from http://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1617/junnat1617/SEG004.HTM

Result Details

Pl. Name Nation the TSS
= TES
+ the PCS
+ SS TR PE CO IN Deduction
- StN.
1 Alina ZAGITOVA
ISA 142.36 74.98 67.38 8.36 8.14 8.61 8.43 8.57 0.00 # 16
2 Polina TSURSKAYA
M / O 134.29 65.93 68.36 8.61 8.25 8.61 8.61 8.64 0.00 # 14
3 S. Konstantinova
SPB 130.60 63.00 67.60 8.39 8.21 8.50 8.54 8.61 0.00 # 18