Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

acronycal0730

Rinkside
wow Anastasia :luv17: congratulations and good luck next season!

I hope RUS fed will learn to choose their junior world team member wisely next time......

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She can out TES Alina? :love:

Go Nastya!!! :cheer: Her Romeo and Juliet music is constantly stuck in my head

sjid

Final Flight
Winter Spartakiad. She was 2nd. She had an error in SP but her FS was amazing. She even had a higher FS TES than Alina.

SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoNjcB64D4
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG6LedUxU3E

She performed higher in all categories. Can you believe they scored her lower in the musical categories? This is a matter of education. It appears the judges don't have the musical background required to appreciate the sophistication that Nastya and her choreographers have accomplished. The only way to treat her fairly within the present judging system is to have Nastya and her choreographer present the judges with a pre-competition lecture on the intricacies of how music and movement correspond in her R&J. That will raise their awareness, and consequently her scores to a proper level. It should be the judges' obligation to understand a performance from every persepctive before they attach numbers to it. The fact is, she won this competition by a large margin. Musical sophistication is discouraged when judges don't understand intricate music-movement choreography while disproportionately rewarding jumps and spins.

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight
A slight sadness remained after Nastya's season. :(

I have no idea how she reacts to her competitive stature, but if I had accomplished on her level I would feel cheated. She has a rare gift for relating music to movement. Fortunately she has a choreographer who thinks on her level and a coach who encourages their ideas. They understand the specialness of their achievement. Maybe this camaraderie will be enough to insulate them from an indifferent system. She belongs in the World competition, it is sad that she is denied this honor and that the largest audience won't have the opportunity to see what she has accomplished.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I have no idea how she reacts to her competitive stature, but if I had accomplished on her level I would feel cheated. She has a rare gift for relating music to movement. Fortunately she has a choreographer who thinks on her level and a coach who encourages their ideas. They understand the specialness of their achievement. Maybe this camaraderie will be enough to insulate them from an indifferent system. She belongs in the World competition, it is sad that she is denied this honor and that the largest audience won't have the opportunity to see what she has accomplished.

Agree. But anyway Nastya needs to have stable 3Lz. My only wish that she will finally start to fix this jump. And in the next season will come back in amazing shape.