Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks. Good to hear she is still around. About 8 weeks of training ahead of her so she should be able to regain her form.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She will begin her season at the second Russian Cup (Oct 9th-13th) to try and qualify for senior nationals.
SP: "I'll Take Care Of You" performed by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa
FP: “Couple in a Cafe" from 17 Moments of Spring by Mikael Tariverdiev
https://rsport.ria.ru/20190824/1557865830.html
Good news. I hope her new programs are great because I will miss her SP from last year. It was so good. Especially if you like jazz.

The article says Nastya won the silver medal of the 2018 Russian Cup. Really? Did I miss something? The Russian Cup final was in february or march wasnt it?

Thanks. Good to hear she is still around. About 8 weeks of training ahead of her so she should be able to regain her form.
Yes he is still around and I was wondering about Nastyas future as well. So many Russian girls are coming up the ranks Nastya has to have a very good season or more will pass her by. 2 months should enable her to get into very good form. I hope Nastyas inflamation problems are behind her. I cant imagine how hard it is to skate with pain. :(

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
FP: “Couple in a Cafe" from 17 Moments of Spring by Mikael Tariverdiev

Ah, my favorite film! (along with Apocalypse Now.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZhgXs_iFRs

And "a couple in the cafe", a 6-minute scene without a single word is also one of the best (well, all of them are among the best :)). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTv4KzFTqvg
For those who wonder what the hell is happening there and is not afraid of spoilers: [Stierlitz was arranged a rendezvous with his wife, the first in a year or two, on the condition that they don't talk or even approach.]

SkateSkates

Medalist
Good news. I hope her new programs are great because I will miss her SP from last year. It was so good. Especially if you like jazz.

The article says Nastya won the silver medal of the 2018 Russian Cup. Really? Did I miss something? The Russian Cup final was in february or march wasnt it?

Yes he is still around and I was wondering about Nastyas future as well. So many Russian girls are coming up the ranks Nastya has to have a very good season or more will pass her by. 2 months should enable her to get into very good form. I hope Nastyas inflamation problems are behind her. I cant imagine how hard it is to skate with pain. :(

Yes Nastya won silver in the 2018 Russian Cup Final. Kostornaia was first and Panenkova 3rd. Tsurskaya finished off the podium.

Glad she has a bit more time to prepare before starting her season in October. Hoping she can get a challenger or 2 and maybe a senior B as well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes Nastya won silver in the 2018 Russian Cup Final. Kostornaia was first and Panenkova 3rd. Tsurskaya finished off the podium.

Glad she has a bit more time to prepare before starting her season in October. Hoping she can get a challenger or 2 and maybe a senior B as well.

Thank you for that info. I dont know how I missed it. Poor Dasha. Third their but nowhere now :(

Hoping Nastyas new programs help her shine this season.

sjid

Final Flight
The Tariverdiev fits Nastya perfectly. Once again we hear the held note alternating with faster notes, a pattern she has favored for many years (always remember this exquisite interpretation https://youtu.be/EVb8UOk346s?t=46).
Tariverdiev's music is of higher quality than before, both musically and emotionally. She continues with the theme of her last FS with Angelina Turenko, a hostile environment crushing profound love. Here, husband and wife who have been forced apart for years must act as strangers. This program is close to the hearts of all Russians, based on a film that depicts the shredded lives and souls of innocent victims of war. There are many such Soviet films, including Ivan's Childhood, The Cranes are Flying, Come and See, and the widely esteemed Seventeen Moments of Spring. Here is Tariverdiev himself at the piano https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPFjj2YQuI&feature=youtu.be&t=66 . If we are really lucky, she will use the entire main melody as played by Tariverdiev in the Russian nationals, where she has more time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPFjj2YQuI

Scott512

Record Breaker
If you go to her instagram, you will see she met Gulyakova(It could be old pictures though).Then I guess she participated in test skate.There could be videos.If she's doing flip in her sp that could mean she will do challengers and Russian cup and wait for withdrawls.But If she's doing loop then she probably will show up at moscow open.
I don't see the pictures with the other Nastya G.

no videos of the St. Petersburg teske at this point. but the big test skates are coming up in two weeks and I hope Nastya is there ready to show her new programs.

The Tariverdiev fits Nastya perfectly. Once again we hear the held note alternating with faster notes, a pattern she has favored for many years (always remember this exquisite interpretation https://youtu.be/EVb8UOk346s?t=46).
Tariverdiev's music is of higher quality than before, both musically and emotionally. She continues with the theme of her last program with Angelina Turenko, a hostile environment crushing profound love. This program is close to the hearts of all Russians, based on a film that depicts the shredded lives and souls of innocent victims of war. There are many such Soviet films, including Ivan's Childhood, The Cranes are Flying, Come and See, and the widely esteemed Seventeen Moments of Spring. Here is Tariverdiev himself at the piano https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPFjj2YQuI&feature=youtu.be&t=66 . If we are really lucky, she will use the entire main melody as played by Tariverdiev in the Russian nationals, where she has more time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPFjj2YQuI

Hoping and thinking the new music will be wonderful for Anastasia and her amazingly natural musicality and excellent skating skills.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nastya is apparently out of the witness protection program and will be performing at the St. Petersburg Cup this week. Good luck to Nastya.

I hope training and living back in St Petersburg makes her happier too because that could show up in her skating. I expect her to show her excellent skating skills and musicality in this event but because she hasn't skated in a real competition in so darn long it would be hard to expect her to be at her best this week. But at least Anastasia is competing again. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nastyas new short program should turn out fine. But because she skated so few events last season I wish she kept her jazzy short program which she scored a career-high in in the Russian Cup final when she should have been in first place after the short program not third. Anastasia scored well over 70 in that short program which was probably the best short program she's ever done. if she had kept that SP she probably would have perfected it this year.. Now she's learning two new programs with a new coaching team and new choreographers after 6 months of not skating in any events. So there's no way anyone could have expected her to be at her best. That said 65 point something in St Petersburg cup is a little disappointing.

Good luck to her in the free skate and especially in 2 weeks at the Russian cup stage 2. that will be a very important event for Anastasia and she should be in good form then.

Scott512

Record Breaker
In the St. Petersburg Cup numbers 2 through 5 are all bunched up and even though Anastasia is in fifth place after the short program the podium is still well within her reach with a good free skate. But first place is out of reach for everyone because Liza is about 14 points ahead of second-place.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thank you RR.

I would say she was pretty solid today. Nastya is not at the level she was at the Russian Cup final in february but that's to be expected after not skating in competition for more than 6 months and then she wasn't training in July and August because of inflammation. And she's starting over again with a new coach and a new choreographer for the second year in a row. That's a lot to deal with. I expect her to improve her level for the Russian Cup final stage 2 in 2 weeks.

Scott512

Record Breaker
At least Nastya medalled in her first event of the season and it had Liza Tukt in it who ran away with the gold. But Nastya was 5th after the SP putting a medal in serious doubt. She should be better in all areas for Russian Cup stage deux in 2 weeks. Atleast she got her season started and with a medal.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yeah, it was a pretty solid start of the season, better than last year, I'd say..

Agreed.

I'm hoping she feels progress at the Russian Cup stage deux. Nastya got a late start to the season because of inflammation putting her behind almost everyone else as far as being ready goes. But she was solid at the St. Petersburg cup and can build on that. From what I can tell this year and other competitions judges are letting things slide little mistake slide in not being penalized for that. I only wish Anastasia was given the same rules to play by and be scored by. I thought for sure with a performance like that she would break 190 easily. But not to be.