Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

sjid

Final Flight
Such a beautiful skater. She should have gotten the highest components by far.

She was so amazing today!! I am bit sad that she didn't win but Alina was in a class of her own here.

I almost cried. She was amazing. Thank you, my angel. Sensational skating.

Alina was in a class of her own, but so was Nastya. Alina skated to the notes of ostentatious music designed to display a dancer's physical prowess. Nastya skated to the soul of emotional music arranged to evoke mystery of the most profound human experience. Alina is to be admired, Nastya is to be felt. Try to imagine Alina skating to Nastya's R&J, and vice-versa. Nastya the poet musician, Alina the player piano. Scores are like footnotes to prejudice, judges think like athletes. Alina thinks like an athlete, Nastya thinks like a composer. They don't belong on the same score sheet, maybe not in the same arena, and certainly not with the same judges. You're right, puremagic, Nastya is an angel, as is Yulia Lipnitskaia. Quads are looming, the final nail in the coffin of soulful refinement and sensitivity that could have been ladies figure skating.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Alina was in a class of her own, but so was Nastya. Alina skated to the notes of ostentatious music designed to display a dancer's physical prowess. Nastya skated to the soul of emotional music arranged to evoke mystery of the most profound human experience. Alina is to be admired, Nastya is to be felt. Try to imagine Alina skating to Nastya's R&J, and vice-versa. Nastya the poet musician, Alina the player piano. Scores are like footnotes to prejudice, judges think like athletes. Alina thinks like an athlete, Nastya thinks like a composer. They don't belong on the same score sheet, maybe not in the same arena, and certainly not with the same judges. You're right, puremagic, Nastya is an angel, as is Yulia Lipnitskaia. Quads are looming, the final nail in the coffin of soulful refinement and sensitivity that could have been ladies figure skating.

Count me in as a new fan! I resisted that as I normally do not follow juniors -there is enough heartbreak with the seniors!. But BESP showed JGPF this year which I recorded and only got to watching it last weekend. OMG Anastasia is out of this world, she captivated me in an instant. I re-watched both her programs a dozen of times already but going to restrict myself to one viewing a day as a treat ...(haha did I keep this promise yesterday? - I didn't of course!)
Not to take anything from Alina who is very good technically but she 'should' not skate after Anastasia - it looks so soulless...
To find such musicality, such refinement in a 14yo is incredible, there are many senior ladies who should take lessons from this girl how to hold on movements, not to rush and skate to the music.
Thank you Anastasia for a sublime experience and may God bless you and keep you from harm...tears here...

Last edited:

kptnciam

Rinkside
https://youtu.be/hzRpAtJvDDY
Here's my edit for princess Nastya. Wish her good luck for her first Russian Nationals!

:luv17:

I hardly find the time to follow juniors so I "discovered" her in GPF Marseille. And OMG I loved her so much !!! And she's so cute !!! I really wish everything works out for her (injuries, growth, progression, etc.) so we can enjoy her skating for a while longer than other russian promises !!! I'm happy she didn't win, so she has more time "in the darkness" to grow up. It's really difficult to manage success at such young age, and not everyone is Medvedeva (as we already know), so I prefer her to have a slower rise to success (slower but surer) !!!! :luv17:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I'm so worried about Nastya :( I hope she finally will skate clean at her SP. Good luck to you, my angel. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope they send her to a jump coach. She does have physhical ability for triples so it's not worry but her jump technique...

Katiemeier

Rinkside
It seems like Nastya is now far behind Alina.... But she's not eligible for Pyeongchang anyway so she and her coach should think about the long-term strategy. Hope she can fix some of her jump techniques, especially those Lutz issues. Then I could say she belongs to the future.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It seems like Nastya is now far behind Alina.... But she's not eligible for Pyeongchang anyway so she and her coach should think about the long-term strategy. Hope she can fix some of her jump techniques, especially those Lutz issues. Then I could say she belongs to the future.
Her air position is very wild... it's scary. Not to mention her landings. She leans forward too much. I really enjoy her. I hope they can do something with her issue. She is quite athletic so I don't worry about the spring in her jumps.

sjid

Final Flight
I hope they send her to a jump coach. She does have physhical ability for triples so it's not worry but her jump technique...

This could get dicey as she grows. She spent several years with Urmanov. He's done a really good job with Yulia. Maybe something can be arranged.

sjid

Final Flight

Russian Nationals was not her cleanest performance, and they are just now adding a new ending. R&J is beautifully choreographed, the new ending should be spectacular. There is a lot of potential.