Schedule for Worlds in Boston | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Schedule for Worlds in Boston

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
On the ISU schedule (under off-ice) on April 1, April 2 and April 3. If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the schedule, you'll see the indicator "SM" for "Small Medals FS / FD".

Oh, I thought the reference was for the short program medals. Will the arena even be open to the public at 1pm on Sunday?

Tammi

On the Ice
Oh, I thought the reference was for the short program medals. Will the arena even be open to the public at 1pm on Sunday?
The Exhibition is at 2pm on Sunday, so yes it will be open by that time for ticket holders.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
So looks like if we want to catch this, we'd have to get there an hour early then?

Hmm...ok.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Will they be on the concourse? I noticed the ladies FS small ceremony is scheduled for 1PM Sunday, but no location is given...the gala is at 2.
What is small ceremony? Is there another medal ceremony?

shyne

Final Flight
So looks like if we want to catch this, we'd have to get there an hour early then?

Hmm...ok.

The TD Garden will be open 30 minutes before each practice session and 60 minutes before each event. Not sure if there's enough time.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Will the arena even be open to the public at 1pm on Sunday?

When Does the Arena Open?
The TD Garden will be open 30 minutes before each practice session and 60 minutes before each event, unless otherwise noted. Doors for the Exhibition of Champions will open 90 minutes before the event at 12:30pm.

Source: Official e-mail from the LOC, which I received yesterday, Mar 11. Emphasis added above.

ETA (on Mar 19):

Caveat that a different policy in the e-mail has been changed, per MFarone's information as of Mar 17:

What was in the Mar 11 e-mail:
Between Events
The TD Garden will be cleared of all spectators, including all-event ticket holders, between each event. Fans may stay in the arena following the short dance competition only.

But MFarone's more recent post in the Worlds General Info thread:
The SD ends at 1514 on Wednesday and the Opening Ceremony starts at 1700. Just read that the arena will be cleared in between those events.

For those who have not seen the e-mail, the subject line is: Important Event Policies.

I have copied below all of the policies in the e-mail (except the one above that has changed):

Food and Drink
Guests may not bring food or beverages into TD Garden during events or practice sessions, except that tea, coffee and small breakfast items will be allowed until 11am. Guest Service Centers will not check-in or store any food or beverage items. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact the TD Garden at 617-624-1331 or send an email to
[email protected].

Concessions During Practice Sessions
A select group of TD Garden concession stands will be open during practice sessions, beginning with lunch service at 11:00 am. TD Garden has made special arrangements for additional menu items to be available during these times, including soups, salads and sandwiches. For a full listing of the concessions that will be open during competitions at TD Garden, please visit
www.tdgarden.com/the-garden/concessions/.

Smoking
Smoking is not permitted in the arena at any time.

Video and Camera Policy
The event will follow U.S. Figure Skating's video and camera policy. No flash photography. No cameras that interfere with other fans' enjoyment. No resale of photography or posting photos on websites. No video recording. Only accredited coaches and team managers may be permitted to videotape their own skater/team from the rink-side during that skater's/team's practice or performance.

Bags
Bags, backpacks, luggage, laptops, coolers, parcels, briefcases and like articles will be strictly prohibited from the facility. All guests will be subject to search, at TD Garden's discretion, of their person and/or possessions (including women's handbags of normal size that may be allowed entry after such search). Patrons with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances and no storage or check area will be provided for such items.

When Does the Arena Open?
The TD Garden will be open 30 minutes before each practice session and 60 minutes before each event, unless otherwise noted. Doors for the Exhibition of Champions will open 90 minutes before the event at 12:30pm.

Entering the Arena for Practices
All-event ticket holders with a practice pass may enter the TD Garden lobby from Legends Way and head to the main turnstiles on level two. You will be directed in the appropriate direction from there. This will be the only available entrance during practice sessions. Please remember that the Sunday morning practice sessions are not part of the competition and will be closed to the public. An all-event tickets practice pass will not be valid for admission.

Fan Banners
Fans are permitted to bring in personal banners of support for their favorite skaters. Banners are to be horizontal, 24 inches by 36 inches or 60cm by 90cm. They can be dropped off at the turnstiles on level 2. Only TD Garden staff may hang fan banners. Banners with hateful or non-supportive language or offensive images will not be hung. Banners will not be hung if space is no longer available. Once hung, banners may not be moved until the conclusion of the Exhibition of Champions. Banners will not be returned after the event.

Re-Entry Policy
There will be no re-entry during competition events or the Exhibition of Champions. However, re-entry during TD Garden practice sessions will be permitted. If you need to leave the building for emergency reasons, please ask an usher or security staff person for assistance.

Security Notice
Please know that for the safety and security of our fans, participants and event staff, security for these World Championships will be very strict. Working with members of local, state and federal law enforcement, as well as TD Garden management and experienced private security officials, the organizing committee has put together a comprehensive security plan for the benefit of everyone attending the championships. Spectators should expect any combination of bag checks, metal detectors and personal wanding when entering TD Garden. We request your patience and cooperation to help our security team ensure a safe event for everyone involved. Security is also at its best when there is a shared sense of safety and security. If you see anything unusual or that you think may be of concern, please contact TD Garden security at 617-624-3000, and also alert the nearest member of the TD Garden staff. Please also follow the event on Twitter @Worlds2016 for updated real-time information during the event.

ETA:

I do realize that most of the information in the e-mail is on the FAQ page of the LOC website.

But the detail re the Sunday 12:30 pm opening of the arena is not on the FAQ page. (At least not yet, as far as I can see.)

Thus my extensive copying-and-pasting from the e-mail. I have not bothered to cross-check what else might be "news" from the e-mail.

Last edited:

waxel

Final Flight
Okay. I should know this but I just can't recall. Are the sp starting orders determined by random draw or seeded draw?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
FYI, the ISU color-coded schedule was updated on Mar 22. The link remains the same.

Grrr... the day before that (21st), I went through and updated the OP with all the changed times... and they changed them again! :eek:hwell:

Monday's practices are starting even later now, at 7:30 am, with minor changes to the start time of the remaining Monday practices.

Men's SP is shortened by ~15 minutes. I think a few competitions were adjusted by 1 minute (?). I don't think I see any major changes.