Angelina Kuchvalska | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Angelina Kuchvalska

Jana

On the Ice
Angelina, please quite or try harder. Save the money or give them to people who need them. You're just throwing them.

Worst free skate. No triple (only 3T<<), 3 singles, and 2 falls. And short? Only 3T<< and 1S. In both programs, she got Costume violation (1 of 8) - does anybody knows why? I haven't seen her programs and dresses for this season. (and I am not sure if I want to see her skating).

I hope that a more promising skater will go to the Olympics (Diana), she should be age eligible, or not?

icetug

Medalist
I hope that a more promising skater will go to the Olympics (Diana), she should be age eligible, or not?
Yes, Diana is 16 now (and will turn 17 in December), so she is able to take part in Olympics. Such a shame, Angelina so bravely earned the spot for Latvia and now she obviously gave up. Last years she was the only Latvian competitor on a senior level, maybe that's the problem? Anyway, Latvian Nationals are coming, and everything will be clear soon.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Costume violation (1 of 8) meant 1 judge hit the button. She didn't get a deduction for it, that's only when the majority of the judges call it.
I think saying things like being distracted by a boyfriend is unnecessary, we don't know her circumstances. But that's the problem, no one knows what's wrong and she hasn't said anything. The SP (I didn't see the FS before it disappeared) looked like the choreography was ready. But the jumps are not there.

cronos27

Rinkside
I think that Angelina does not love the sport anymore, I hope she does not regret leaving it for a man, the position for the Olympics should be for Diana although it hurts to say so

cronos27

Rinkside
do not understand what happens to Angelina. She has captivated me since her first European, her joy, her passion, her tenderness but now it is more than sad her act, does she have a serious injury? Does anyone know? I do not know anything, what if it seems is that she is in love and that person is leaving her love for sport, has no other explanation,

A couple of years back, I really thought that she and Anastasia Galustyan would be the next big thing- so sad :-(

cronos27

Rinkside
thanks for the information friend, but it seems strange to me, because she does not comment on any of her social networks or if she was sad if she had an injury, but we hope that if she has injuries she will recover because she will not be able to go to the olympics

Jana

On the Ice
Well, Diana deserves it.

Angelina doesn't love the sport and fans anymore. Why doesn't she informed them about the situation?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I think you are being too harsh on her. She really wanted to go. If she didn't, she wouldn't have gone to her Challengers to fight for the spot at all. But even though she was injured and had to WD from a lot of the earlier competitions she was listed for, in the end she tried to compete so she could go. It's not her fault she has an injury that refused to heal.
And if she does not love skating anymore, that's up to her. It's not the end if the world for her if she decides she's done. Better to retire, move on and be happy, than force yourself to do something you hate. But all that is speculation anyway. It's not the first time a skater doesn't disclose an injury. Perhaps she thought she could fight through it, but it was not to be.
Best wishes to Angelina and I hope she recovers :ghug:

cronos27

Rinkside
friend I admire her to angelina, that's why I'm worried about this situation of so much silence on her part and seeing her social networks she looks so relaxed that nothing happens and she does not mention anything, that confuses, well I hope that if you want to withdraw what announce, and if not then I hope she recovers from her injury

Jana

On the Ice
I think you are being too harsh on her. She really wanted to go. If she didn't, she wouldn't have gone to her Challengers to fight for the spot at all. But even though she was injured and had to WD from a lot of the earlier competitions she was listed for, in the end she tried to compete so she could go. It's not her fault she has an injury that refused to heal.
(...)
Sorry, but she skated very poorly this season.

Lock at the protocols: http://slidas.sauc.lv/proto/2017.12.lc/ ... a lot of triples by Diana (SP: 3Lz+3T, 3F<, but she should impove steps and spins; FS: 3Lz+3T, 3F, 3Lo, 2A+3T, 3Lz, 3S). How many triples were preformed by Angelina this season in competition?

Minsk SP:
Is she OK? I can't find a video but I checked protocols... All spins level 1 and with minus GEO? Really?
Jumps 3S, 3T+2T, 1A (invalid)... TES 17.34... that't very very bad!

Minsk FS:
Well, no clean triple jump in FS. Only 3S< and 3S<< (with fall). Three single jump.

Tallin:
Worst free skate. No triple (only 3T<<), 3 singles, and 2 falls. And short? Only 3T<< and 1S.

Maruse

Spectator
I am very pleased to see, that she will compete. I can only say, that I saw her on Latvian TV talking about figureskating. She said that she cant performe good quality jumps at the moment because her body is drasticaly changing, and thats happening at the worst time possible - OG season. And injury too.. her couch also talked. But Angelina said that she loves the sport and is trying her best to get back on track. Im hoping for the best, because she have the talent and passion. Go Angelina! And please dont be harsh if she is not at her best form at worlds. Give her time to restart.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
In view of Angelina's upcoming participation in the WInter Universiade, I've updated her OP. I've added all the info since 2017 (results and all the videos I could find). Having a look at her results, it makes me sad seeing how after a very promising and successful 2015/2016 season, she started to obtain worse and worse results. I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but those who follow her closer, do you know if it's the result of growing, the training conditions or maybe dividing time between skating and studying?

I wish her good luck and the best position possible.

rlopen

On the Ice
Just wanted to pop in and say Angelīna had one of her best SP’s since the 2015-2016 season and (finally!!!!) seems to be back on track.