Who's going to visit TEB in Bordeaux? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who's going to visit TEB in Bordeaux?

cvg16

Rinkside
hey guys? i am deeply saddened by the events in paris. im wondering what the atmosphere there in bordeaux is and whether or not they are cancelling the events today? tia for any reply

TheBladeBoys

Rinkside
Please be safe, everyone else who's in Bordeaux/Paris. Figure skating has always been a positive light in an often cruel world, and we hope for some inspiring skates tomorrow in the face of this terrible tragedy. :(

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Please be safe, everyone else who's in Bordeaux/Paris. Figure skating has always been a positive light in an often cruel world, and we hope for some inspiring skates tomorrow in the face of this terrible tragedy. :(

Question for The Blade Boys:

So is it your expectation that the freeskates and FD will go forward full steam ahead? Have the ISU, FFSG, and/or the LOC given any definitive word one way or the other?

In addition to feeling saddened by the news of the Paris attacks, many of us have been wondering whether the rest of TEB will be modified.

We have been discussing whether concern for public safety and/or support for a nation in mourning would be reasons to cancel the freeskates and FD, for example. OTOH, another point of view is that the comp should go forward as a sign of strength undeterred by terrorism.

Best to all in Bordeaux. And in Paris, and throughout France.

Last edited:

TheBladeBoys

Rinkside
Question for The Blade Boys:

So is it your expectation that the freeskates and FD will go forward full steam ahead? Have the ISU, FFSG, and/or the LOC given any definitive word one way or the other?

In addition to feeling saddened by the news of the Paris attacks, many of us have been wondering whether the rest of TEB will be modified.

We have been discussing whether concern for public safety and/or support for a nation in mourning would be reasons to cancel the freeskates and FD, for example. OTOH, another point of view is that the comp should go forward as a sign of strength undeterred by terrorism.

Best to all in Bordeaux. And in Paris, and throughout France.

At the time we weren't aware of how the ISU/FFSG/LOC were going to more forward but it is completely understandable the decision they ultimately made.

We have been able to chat with some of the skaters and get their reactions. Understandably, the French team in particular is devastated by this news. There was also a moment when the French national anthem was sung by many skaters, coaches, organizers, and spectators. Such a terrible tragedy and our thoughts are with the people of Paris.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
At the time we weren't aware of how the ISU/FFSG/LOC were going to more forward but it is completely understandable the decision they ultimately made.

We have been able to chat with some of the skaters and get their reactions. Understandably, the French team in particular is devastated by this news. There was also a moment when the French national anthem was sung by many skaters, coaches, organizers, and spectators. Such a terrible tragedy and our thoughts are with the people of Paris.

Thx to The Blade Boys for your reporting about the reactions in Bordeaux.

I had seen your tweet about the French skaters singing the national anthem, and it took my breath away. I posted it in the GS thread about TEB being cancelled.

Hugs to everyone in Bordeaux.

(I am among those who agree with you that the cancellation is understandable under the terrible circumstances.)

irrelevant

Rinkside
Does anyone know if people will be refunded their FS/gala tickets?
One security guy said to me yesterday (when I was approaching the venue and only learned about the cancellation from him) that you can contact FFSG to get your tickets refunded. I'm slightly mad that I traveled the whole way to France for only 1 day of the event, but given the recent happenings the enforced cancellation by the French government is understandable.