Nicole Orford & Asher Hill | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nicole Orford & Asher Hill

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Furthermore, they deserved those scores. It was not just home ice.

IMO, the SD was significantly underscored. I just loved it.

Last edited:

chameleon

On the Ice
Yes, I loved their SD, I thought they should have been high 50s at least. Unfortunately they were unknowns coming into this, so I think they were lowballed. Their PCS rose quite a bit for the FD. But they absolutely deserved that 92, maybe even a little higher.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I was really captivated by their free dance- I think it is incredible!!! I am happy to see how quickly they are gelling as a team- they look amazing :cheer:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to Mrs. P for her usual great stat reporting.

Doris, I agree with you; I love the SD as much as the FD. In fact, full disclosure: I first watched the vids of O/H at the summer comp because I saw the music, and I love Etta James-that-isn't-"At Last" and I looove Johnny Mathis. I thought, how bad can it be? and it was captivating and I started the fan fest.

My first requirement is that skater(s) bring joy to the ice, and Nicole and Asher do that. Let's hope they get more opportunities to skate in comps.:cheer2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
loving their free dance… match made in heaven really…I was hopeful they would be great when I heard of the new pairing but I never thought it would happen this year. I love P/I but I think that this team will be Canada's #3… Canada is so strong right now in Ice Dance… thanks for starting this thread

wasabi

On the Ice
Just watched the short dance and thought it was a breath of fresh air. I can't recall Asher looking so free and happy in his skating, and it seems to me he is deeper in his edges and skating with better body positioning. Although still in early stages and needing more mileage, this is a much more enjoyable and well skated short dance than G&P. They better watch out or G&P will start their aggressive tactics on home practice ice again.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they train together… i don't think there's going to be drama
Just watched the short dance and thought it was a breath of fresh air. I can't recall Asher looking so free and happy in his skating, and it seems to me he is deeper in his edges and skating with better body positioning. Although still in early stages and needing more mileage, this is a much more enjoyable and well skated short dance than G&P. They better watch out or G&P will start their aggressive tactics on home practice ice again.

Tex

On the Ice
Sign me up as a fan of Orford/Hill. There is something very organic about this team that their chemistry is so natural. Like other people have said Nicole and Asher's joy for skating pulls you in and you connect with them instantly. It's impressive how they have come together in such as short time. They are like a breeze that blew in that is so refreshing. can't wait to see how they develop this season.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting, Doris!
I got excited when I saw the bump and thought maybe it was an assignment;) still time for Golden Spin?:cheer:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NO, I have seen *nothing* about another assignment for Nicole and Asher:frown:

But I did run across this video of their SD practice skate at ACI. With so few crumbs, I will take what is available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP5JZZm0CDY

Plus the "official" ACI vids on Daily Motion are very herky-jerky for me, I like these YouTube vids better.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nicole and Asher should be at Challenge in early December. Last season, all videos were available on dailymotion. The quality was good too!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Nicole and Asher should be at Challenge in early December. Last season, all videos were available on dailymotion. The quality was good too!

This is great to hear! I have been hoping to get to see them again before Nationals!

legjumper

Rinkside
NO, I have seen *nothing* about another assignment for Nicole and Asher:frown:

But I did run across this video of their SD practice skate at ACI. With so few crumbs, I will take what is available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP5JZZm0CDY

Plus the "official" ACI vids on Daily Motion are very herky-jerky for me, I like these YouTube vids better.

I have found that DailyMotion doesn't play well in web browsers, but very well in the DailyMotion app. If you have a tablet or smartphone, I recommend trying that.