Nicole Orford & Asher Hill | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nicole Orford & Asher Hill

legjumper

Rinkside
Nicole and Asher were lovely today - smooth, flowing, mature, and elegant. By placing fifth in the SD, they will skate in the final group tomorrow for the FD. IMO they were lowballed in PCS, partly because they are new, and partly because they skated early.

PJ Kwong posted a short interview with them after the SD, asking why they love ice dance: https://www.instagram.com/p/BA2p21aiotX/?taken-by=pjkwong

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nicole and Asher were 5th in the FD, and 5th overall, with a score of 156.37. At their very first Nationals and with less than a year together as a team!

woot!:clap:

Will Canada be smart enough to send them to 4CCs, perhaps? WeaPo and Piper/Paul don't need the experience. Oh please, skating gods:drama:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Nicole and Asher were 5th in the FD, and 5th overall, with a score of 156.37. At their very first Nationals and with less than a year together as a team!

woot!:clap:

Will Canada be smart enough to send them to 4CCs, perhaps? WeaPo and Piper/Paul don't need the experience. Oh please, skating gods:drama:

That would be just awesome to see them at 4CCs but I don't know how realistic of a hope that is... a girl can dream though :)

I'm so happy for them!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for the FDs, Tex and Doris. Once I shovel out of the 32 inches of snow that fell in 24 hours here (or, as the memes say here: "Winter is coming. All at once. In one day."), I will add to the OP.

Any SD vids from Nats? Unable to find any .....

And no 4CCs Looks like Canada just sends their Worlds team; oh well!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful photos of Nicole and Asher from Carol Lane's twitter

https:/twitter.com/cjlanecoach/status/691662377994055680?lang=en-gb

Danielle Earl, the photographer, says on Facebook she has a contract with GoldenSkate for Canadian Nats? This GoldenSkate?

More photos please!:biggrin:

ETA: I have NO idea why this is not showing up as a link. Time for cut and paste!

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
When vbulletin will not put the url tags in, try putting them in by hand.

url in square brackets. then your link, followed by
/url in square brackets following the link

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Asher, one of the recipients of the Toronto Police's Keith Forde Youth of Excellent Service (YES) award.

The police department says "The YES Award seeks to highlight that youth of distinction can be found in diverse neighbourhoods and in diverse fields within the City of Toronto."

:cheer:Asher!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A poster in FSU says that they heard that Nicole and Asher were retiring:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...-ice-dance-2016-17-season-news-updates.98546/

(post 13 and after)

:sad21::sad21::cry:
I normally don't like rumors, but I have not heard a thing from the usual social media sources, etc. on new programs, new season, or any other training reports, and they did not get that many assignments last year. Here's hoping....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sigh... i hope it's not true.... i really like them... but you know, they only placed 5th at nationals.... and with the return of V/M, that would make them ranked 6th in the country.... not very promising for international assignments.

moon

On the Ice
Sorry to hear about them retiring. With V/M returning they would have had 5 teams ahead of them looking for Senior B events and they most likely would not have been on the national team this coming year. Lack of assignments and funding is not motivating. The return of V/M put an end to many teams hopes of getting on the National team I would think. Most teams have plans and goals over the next few years based on the teams they are competing with. Adding V/M into the mix will have changed many teams expectations for themselves withing Canada and internationally.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What a lovely picture Asher chose for his good-bye instagram. :cry: I am so sorry that they will not be continuing.