Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Good luck to Lorraine/Quinn. I hope they skate an awesome sd.

icedinn

On the Ice
Thought I'd bump up the thread since they are going to the jgpf in Barca!! Last season they didn't even make it and the one before that they won bronze. Are they considered faves to win? Probably, but it won't be easy going against Loboda/Drozd or the Parsons who looked spectacular at the first jgp event. Still this could be the most entertaining final since 09-10 and I just want to wish Lorraine and Quinn luck!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I figured I'd finally get around to watching the famous Mountain Troll Waltz.

I was not disappointed. :)

It is so completely wacky that if they were not selling the heck out of it every second, it wouldn't work. But sell the heck out of it they did! I love that it's to classical music but it isn't a traditional waltz at all. They're giving SO much face and are clearly totally into the program-that is very unusual to see in a junior team, and it's awesome. :)

Off to watch their FD-wishing them all the luck at the JGPF! :cheer2:

caitie

Medalist
I remember reading somewhere that they originally had a lyrical SD or FD, and then changed it after their first pre-season competition. Does anyone know which program is the new one?

caitie

Medalist
I think so? I remember reading on FSU that they had a lyrical program that went over like a lead balloon so they switched to a program in their signature quirky style.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know the JGPF hasn't started yet, but I was listening to songs from Willy Wonka Jr. (A version of the musical Willy Wonka, which is based on the book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory") and I was thinking that I can picture them skating to a mix of "Pure Imagination" and "The Candy Man" for a FD once they hit seniors. I mean, they're a unique team and I saw someone say they're "Delightfully kooky" so I thought, "Why not?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGP95P5UMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRIGLxuQ0g

Last edited:

icedinn

On the Ice
^^ thanx for the link.
Just two more days, two more days! Go Lorraine/Quinn! Go Parsons! Go team U.S.A.!

icedinn

On the Ice
They won da gold medal!
Lol at Lorraine's expression towards the ending though! Next stop, JR. World's...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So apparently they did a exhibition to "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. I found one video for it but unfortunately it had to be silenced due to copyright (aka (To my interpretation): Record companies who don't want to share and act like kids if someone wants to share something), but lol even without the sound, the facial expressions and acting is hilarious! Omg! Can't blame the female character she's portraying though :rofl: and the entry to some of these lifts are amazing. I don't know if some of those entries are legal though. If they are legal, maybe consideration in using them next season???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrwM3Y21ixU

icedinn

On the Ice
Hmm.
I think that swingy lift where she's upside down is illegal in competition. I'm not really sure though.