Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm more a fan of the Parsons, but I don't get M/C's decision either. They achieved everything in juniors, and winning the JWC guarantees two GP assignments. I don't believe they and their team wouldn't know about the increased number in GP circuit. The federation of course would acknowledge the info, so possibly let all eligible skaters to know.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Lorraine and Quinn for their win at Lake Placid :bow:.

2016 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships

McNamara & Carpenter SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIWvDsfGzM

FD clips are not uploaded yet. The above link is an unlisted video.

EDIT: I love their new SD. :love:

Lest anyone wonder:
The SD video above originally was a "listed" video on the YT channel -- as were all the other SD videos at the link from the Lake Placid thread.
The owner of the YT channel later changed all the SD videos to "unlisted" (with the exception of Min/Gamelin).

From L/Q's pre-comp off-ice photo shoot:

TMC

Record Breaker
Well I just loved both their new progs, especially the short! And the FD music... As a big AC/DC fan, I'm now officially a Quinraine uber!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I just loved both their new progs, especially the short! And the FD music... As a big AC/DC fan, I'm now officially a Quinraine uber!

I'm very excited for them this season! I managed to watch both videos on YouTube. I wish in the future for their SD, that Lorraine pins her bangs back because there were some points where they were covering her eyes...

Layback11

Record Breaker

Quinraine! I love that :yes: :laugh2:

I'm not quite sure about their SD yet, but I like their FD a lot!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quinraine! I love that :yes: :laugh2:

I'm not quite sure about their SD yet, but I like their FD a lot!

I thought their SD was WOWOWOW. Literally all I could say while watching the video was "Oh my gosh!" on repeat. I love the music choice and costumes! In sync, strong skills, but the lift does need some work.

Nathan13

Medalist
This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know if they will compete as Seniors at nationals this year (Like Vincent Zhou did last year in men's), even though they will still go to Junior worlds? I really want to see them against the rest of the USA's field.

Barb

Record Breaker
mechanical engineering major is not difficult? How he can to do both things.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
^^ Exactly. But I can't help but think they or the coaching staff must be kicking themselves for doing another junior season. I also don't think these programs worked in Lorraine and Quinn's favor but of course that's just imo.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I gutted they didn't medal? A pinch. But hey, next season will be full of new things and they'll be in seniors. Doing FD's 30 seconds longer with more elements. No pressure of trying to beat the best (yet). And rhumba!!!~!

slider11

Medalist
I'm a little uncomfortable that neither Lorraine nor Quinn seemed upset by their skate/scores. I know that tears and over the top drama is not necessary but they seemed a little complacent. Maybe that means: 1) we had a bad day/we can do better next year /we get what needs to change OR 2) we won a worlds junior dance title; we're getting a little tired of this; time to quit. I'm hoping the former not the latter.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Am I gutted they didn't medal? A pinch. But hey, next season will be full of new things and they'll be in seniors. Doing FD's 30 seconds longer with more elements. No pressure of trying to beat the best (yet). And rhumba!!!~!

Me too! Their free dance was going so well I was hoping they would bounce back and take the bronze, and think they could have. Too bad for them, as this is surely not how they wanted to close their Junior career (which has been outstanding, by the way). But this is a truly amazing, extremely talented team, very fun to watch, and they are not going anywhere but up, up up! This is just a bump in the road for them. Senior ranks, look out!

skatemd1

On the Ice
I'm a little uncomfortable that neither Lorraine nor Quinn seemed upset by their skate/scores. I know that tears and over the top drama is not necessary but they seemed a little complacent. Maybe that means: 1) we had a bad day/we can do better next year /we get what needs to change OR 2) we won a worlds junior dance title; we're getting a little tired of this; time to quit. I'm hoping the former not the latter.

Skaters know when they skate well and when they don't. I would commend them for holding it together in front of the cameras. Very classy. Good for them.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Skaters know when they skate well and when they don't. I would commend them for holding it together in front of the cameras. Very classy. Good for them.

Agree.
And Quinn's body language during their FD bows tugged at my heartstrings :sad4: ... resting his head on Lorraine's shoulder for comfort.
For me, it was a very touching moment that showed that their FD -- and indeed their entire season -- had been frustrating for them.

... But this is a truly amazing, extremely talented team, very fun to watch, and they are not going anywhere but up, up up! This is just a bump in the road for them. Senior ranks, look out!

:agree: :ghug: :yay:

Last edited: