Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
The skaters must participate in the gala if invited per ISU rules unless there's injury or illness. I was so looking forward to their new show program whatever it may be!

chameleon

On the Ice
Medalists are invited by default, so I assume there must be some reason-- even if they don't have a real gala they could just skate a tweaked version of their FD to a different song and call it a day, or bring back one of their old exhibitions. Does anyone know if they're still there? Perhaps they just wanted to fly back home as early as possible. Regardless, the important thing is that they won their first GP medal! Not as strong as they were at SA, but most teams didn't bring their best to Finland, and they were still very solid.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
And second overall. This is going to be a crazy tough fight at U.S. Nationals, but I'm proud of Lorraine & Quinn this season no matter what. Two silvers at their Challenger Events. A medal on the Grand Prix. Head-to-head wins over Hurtado & Khaliavin, Lauriault & Le Gac, Popova & Mozgov, the Parsons, Carreira & Ponomarenko, Fear & Gibson, and Shpilevaya & Smirnov. And a split result with Zagorski & Guerreiro. I'm really enjoying so many of the teams from the past several Junior Worlds battling it out on the senior stage this season.

chameleon

On the Ice
I'm thrilled for these two for rallying for the pewter in maybe their Best FD performance of the season! They've really developed a lot of maturity over the last year, and I'm eager to see how they continue do develop. I think they can really put pressure on the top 3 next season if they keep going this way.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Absolutely Beautiful FD... Congratulations!!!!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought their RD was great! They looked so free out there looked like they were having a blast. I wish their score was higher, but they're not that far off. Only 2.23 off from 4th.