Vivian Le | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Vivian Le

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
BTW, Miyu Nakashio was 1st and 4th not 2nd and 4th.

I was quoting someone's comment, I didn't provide that info -- but thanks for the clarification.

My point still stands re: Vivian as highly unlikely to make the JGPF. But, with Wakaba's disappointing score at Austria, someone's path to the final may have just gotten a bit easier. Just not sure for who yet.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think it's okay if she doesn't make it this year. She has time to develop and get some of those other jumps stabilized. It's pretty awesome what she has been able to do with what she does have, though it doesn't hurt that one of those assets is an awesome 3-3!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Vivian for placing 9th in the JGP rankings and thus being 3rd alternate for the Final! :cheer: Even thought it's highly unlikely that three alternates would have to be used, it's quite a feat just to be one of them in your first JGP season. :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Vivian will be competing at US Nationals in a few days and she is, as of now, the clear favorite for the junior title, so I thought it was high time I started her a :ghug:! Anyone care to join? :biggrin:

(She has also somewhat monopolized the "share your experiences" Nationals thread, LOL! :laugh:)

humbaba

Final Flight
I'll be in the prayer circle for Vivian. Hope she has two great skates at nationals.

butters

Rinkside
Video of Vivian skating at the recent Beauty Live ice show has been posted to her YT channel. I can't believe how grown-up she looks. She really seems to love performing the "Genie in a Bottle" exhibition program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7s3C0t160U

:shocked: Oh wow, call me old, but I think that's a lot for a 15 year old. I know my mother would never let me do that at 15, then again, I've had a really old-fashioned upbringing in that sense. Times sure have changed.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I hope she skates to Gone with the Wind OST one day..that is my little wishful thinking whenever I see her name. :biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I hope she skates to Gone with the Wind OST one day..that is my little wishful thinking whenever I see her name. :biggrin:

:laugh:

I want her to skate to this: http://youtu.be/PEw629Bp7vU

I've noticed she seems to have very "bouncy" knees when she skates (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) and I feel like this song needs a lot of up-and-down movement, so she would skate well to it. I made a montage of junior ladies to this that she was in, and some clips of her in it convincingly could've passed for a real program. Lastly, I'm just kind of obsessed with this song. :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:laugh:

I want her to skate to this: http://youtu.be/PEw629Bp7vU

I've noticed she seems to have very "bouncy" knees when she skates (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) and I feel like this song needs a lot of up-and-down movement, so she would skate well to it. I made a montage of junior ladies to this that she was in, and some clips of her in it convincingly could've passed for a real program. Lastly, I'm just kind of obsessed with this song. :)

I see what you mean. She is capable of bending her knees deeply with nice rhythmic flows. Thank for sharing the music. I love the song and suggestion in addition to the pianist's style in the video. I heard it for the first time, and it can be a good choice for Vivian. Somewhat reminded of Megapolis that Lipnitskaya used for her SP program, but that is because its genre is also a piece of classical crossover like the song.

By the way, I rewatched Vivian's JGP performances at Bratislava, her dresses are so gorgeous. She can be named as one of the best dressers of the season.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I see what you mean. She is capable of bending her knees deeply with nice rhythmic flows. Thank for sharing the music. I love the song and suggestion in addition to the pianist's style in the video. I heard it for the first time, and it can be a good choice for Vivian. Somewhat reminded of Megapolis that Lipnitskaya used for her SP program, but that is because its genre is also a piece of classical crossover like the song.

By the way, I rewatched Vivian's JGP performances at Bratislava, her dresses are so gorgeous. She can be named as one of the best dressers of the season.

Definitely one of the best-dressed juniors. :agree: Emily Chan, who she trains with, also had great costumes this season, as did other training-mate Ashley Cain, so I think it's likely that their coaches are especially good at packaging. :yes:

Just a note: Vivian is competing at Skate Dallas this weekend (according to a poster in Emily Chan's fan fest). Entry lists aren't up, but there is a results page on the Skate Dallas website. Hopefully we will get some video, or information on next season's programs? :popcorn:

Layback11

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/sylviaunseen/status/723669217371893762

Our favorite mini firecracker won the senior SP at Skate Dallas with a massive 71.32! I know club comp scores are usually inflated, but still...71!! I anxiously await video.:popcorn:

Noteworthy: she has a 13-point lead over the second-place skater (Ashley Cain).

Also from Twitter: https://twitter.com/sylviaunseen/status/723659353505583104

Vivian's new SP is reportedly "Hero" by Mariah Carey.

Last edited:

usnek123

Spectator
Definitely one of the best-dressed juniors. :agree: Emily Chan, who she trains with, also had great costumes this season, as did other training-mate Ashley Cain, so I think it's likely that their coaches are especially good at packaging. :yes:

Just a note: Vivian is competing at Skate Dallas this weekend (according to a poster in Emily Chan's fan fest). Entry lists aren't up, but there is a results page on the Skate Dallas website. Hopefully we will get some video, or information on next season's programs? :popcorn:

Emily Chan's dresses are actually designed and hand-made by her mom, Mary Chan. She also design for many other skaters of various level and ages, including my daughters for Skate Dallas this year. They loved it!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Emily Chan's dresses are actually designed and hand-made by her mom, Mary Chan. She also design for many other skaters of various level and ages, including my daughters for Skate Dallas this year. They loved it!

usnek, thanks for the behind-the-scenes insight :cool:. Great first post.

Good luck to your daughters with their skating.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Wow, I didn't know that! If you work with her again, please tell her I loved Emily's costumes this season. :yes:

Congratulations to Vivian for winning Skate Dallas (senior). She scored 101 in the FS so I think it might've been a bit rough (based on her SP score, they probably would've given a clean FS something in the 120's), but 172 is a very respectable score for her first competition of the season. :yes:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/sylviaunseen/status/723669217371893762

Our favorite mini firecracker won the senior SP at Skate Dallas with a massive 71.32! I know club comp scores are usually inflated, but still...71!! I anxiously await video.:popcorn:

Noteworthy: she has a 13-point lead over the second-place skater (Ashley Cain).

Also from Twitter: https://twitter.com/sylviaunseen/status/723659353505583104

Vivian's new SP is reportedly "Hero" by Mariah Carey.

Wow, 71.32 points for her new SP comprised of 3lz-3t 3f 2A

I'm also glad Ashley Cain still sticks with the sport. After googling, I'm surprised she is much younger than I thought!

sarama

Medalist

Me too! It would be almost as meta as Galustyan's ''Anastasia'', which I loved!
Maybe in a couple of years, so she will have the maturity to pull it off, and I won't get horror-like flashback of Polina's GWTW (I like her, but the program really made me cringe:slink:)