Vivian Le | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Vivian Le

tinlizzie

Final Flight
:laugh:

I want her to skate to this: http://youtu.be/PEw629Bp7vU

I've noticed she seems to have very "bouncy" knees when she skates (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) and I feel like this song needs a lot of up-and-down movement, so she would skate well to it. I made a montage of junior ladies to this that she was in, and some clips of her in it convincingly could've passed for a real program. Lastly, I'm just kind of obsessed with this song. :)

That song would make a beautiful program:love:

Layback11

Record Breaker
That song would make a beautiful program:love:

Yessssss! We have no video or information about what Vivian's FS music was, so I'm still hoping this was it...unlikely, but you never know. It's always a hit with the skaters at my rink when I play it during practices. (In fact, I played it at practice this morning and saw a skater go into the box, see what it was, and then write something in a notebook-so maybe I inspired someone's music next season? I've already had several people tell me they wanted to skate to it :laugh:)

usnek123

Spectator
Yessssss! We have no video or information about what Vivian's FS music was, so I'm still hoping this was it...unlikely, but you never know. It's always a hit with the skaters at my rink when I play it during practices. (In fact, I played it at practice this morning and saw a skater go into the box, see what it was, and then write something in a notebook-so maybe I inspired someone's music next season? I've already had several people tell me they wanted to skate to it :laugh:)

I will forward your compliment to Mary :)

About Vivian at Skate Dallas, I was there for both SP and FS. Unfortunately, I can't recall her FS music. If I find out I will let you know.

I do see Vivian and Emily practice at the rink from time to time. They are both great role models for my daughters to look up to, both on and off the ice.

dna5019

Final Flight
:laugh:

I want her to skate to this: http://youtu.be/PEw629Bp7vU

I've noticed she seems to have very "bouncy" knees when she skates (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) and I feel like this song needs a lot of up-and-down movement, so she would skate well to it. I made a montage of junior ladies to this that she was in, and some clips of her in it convincingly could've passed for a real program. Lastly, I'm just kind of obsessed with this song. :)

I love this song and I love Jennifer Thomas! :biggrin: This would make a fantastic program for her! :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Vivian's definitely channelling some Emily Chan there! :) I hope that Emily Chan is channelling Vivian's tech content. :)

thoakun

Final Flight
How is Vivian's last name pronounced? In the Dallas video, it's pronounced as Lee but in other videos, it rhymes with Leigh, Vivian Leigh :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
How is Vivian's last name pronounced? In the Dallas video, it's pronounced as Lee but in other videos, it rhymes with Leigh, Vivian Leigh :love:

Is she Vietnamese too? Then I would argue for "Leigh" with the emphasis on the first syllable.

thoakun

Final Flight
Is she Vietnamese too? Then I would argue for "Leigh" with the emphasis on the first syllable.

Didn't know that Chinese have that surname. I have the same surname, and whenever I travel overseas, I go with "Lee" for convenience. But hey, today I learn that Leigh is cooler :cool:.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Didn't know that Chinese have that surname. I have the same surname, and whenever I travel overseas, I go with "Lee" for convenience. But hey, today I learn that Leigh is cooler :cool:.

There's a million Li/Lees out there. Why not have fun with it! :)

nguyhm

On the Ice
I was at Skate Dallas watching both of Vivian's programs. She did very well in the SP but fell in the LP and lost the momentum although she hung on and kept doing her triple jumps. She seemed upset after her skate. The long program was still new and I'm sure she will improve with time and practice. She had a very pretty dress for the short program but only had on what seemed to be her practice outfit - or so I hope - for the long. I would be disappointed if she does not have another outfit in the future (may be her dress is not ready yet) since it was a one piece black leotard, which did not showcase her at all.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was at Skate Dallas watching both of Vivian's programs. She did very well in the SP but fell in the LP and lost the momentum although she hung on and kept doing her triple jumps. She seemed upset after her skate. The long program was still new and I'm sure she will improve with time and practice. She had a very pretty dress for the short program but only had on what seemed to be her practice outfit - or so I hope - for the long. I would be disappointed if she does not have another outfit in the future (may be her dress is not ready yet) since it was a one piece black leotard, which did not showcase her at all.

She tends to have a harder time in the long program. How did her edge jumps look (loop/salchow?) It's early, so I'm sure she'll keep growing.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Do you remember what her FS music was?

nguyhm

On the Ice
She tends to have a harder time in the long program. How did her edge jumps look (loop/salchow?) It's early, so I'm sure she'll keep growing.
She did a nice triple salchow during warm up but fell on her first jump in the free skate - I can't remember which one that was then she fell on another jump, I think it was the second jump on her 2axle combo - my memories are fading fast :(. One thing I like about Vivian - and what separated her from the other competitors - was how solid her landings were (when she landed them) - very steady check outs (is there such term???) - good knee bend like someone mentioned up post.

Last edited: