2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events

hanca

Record Breaker
In Junior Ladies of Total 41 Ladies - Bezrukova, Proklova, Iushenko
Also listed Mikhailova and Mitrofanova, sumiltaneously listed at JGP Event USA. What does it mean - I don't know.

:cheer: It would be nice if she had a good comeback. You forgot to mention Drinkina and Fomina, although they haven't been around for a while.

In Junior Pairs of Total 8 Pairs - Daria FOKA/Evgeniy KOSTAREV, Maria CHUZHANOVA/Denis MINTSEV (JGP)

Alex, do you know why Chuzhanova/Mintsev did not receive any JGP events? Pairs who ended at nationals have one, some of them even two, and Chuzhanova/Mintsev nothing. The allocations are now done for all four events. They can be changed, obviously, and one pair has three assignments so there will be one spot available, but I am surprise that they don't have at least one, possibly two.

Maxim Bobrov seem to have a new partner, Ekaterina Ustinova, who was competing in singles. I wonder whether he should have stayed with Beklemisheva. They had a chance to do well this season. Having fifth partner in five seasons he has been doing pairs is not a way how to get the results. And unless they shine at this competition, they won't get JGP event this season.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Alex, do you know why Chuzhanova/Mintsev did not receive any JGP events?
Chuzhanova/Mintsev are in Substitute list and may earn JGP Event.

Gubanova/Sintsov are in Main list at three Events, and of course will WD from one. Who will earn this spot? Maybe Chuzhanova/Mintsev.

Why Federation did so - I don't know.

hanca

Record Breaker
Chuzhanova/Mintsev are in Substitute list and may earn JGP Event.

Gubanova/Sintsov are in Main list at three Events, and of course will WD from one. Who will earn this spot? Maybe Chuzhanova/Mintsev.

Why Federation did so - I don't know.

I find it weird. From those junior pairs who are still junior eligible and compete, Chuzhanova/Mintsev placed at the junior nationals below Gubanova/Sinkov and Poluyanova/Korotkov, but above Borisova/Sopot, Ivanova/Khakimov and Foka/Kostarev. So they should be in theory third ranking pair from Russian junior pairs.

Then there was junior B nationals where Chuzhanova/Mintsev placed below Borisova/Sopot and Ivanova/Khakimov, but higher than Аtakhanova/Spiridonov, and Ustimkina/Volodin.

Mishina/Mirzoev did not compete at either nationals and their results throughout season were not that great.

So I wonder why Gubanova/Sinkov Poluyanova/Korotkov, Borisova/Sopot, Аtakhanova/Spiridonov will have two, Ivanova/Khakimov, Mishina/Mirzoev, Ustimkina/Volodin have one and Chuzhanova/Mintsev are only substitute. It seems to illogical, so randomly allocated.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
And Iushenko too, don't forget this talented girl

Thanks for the answers, Alex! I know and like her skating a lot, she has a good flow and expressing her programs very well. She always have some problems with her jumps. I hope she fixed that problem and in a better shape tham ever now.

hanca

Record Breaker
And Iushenko too, don't forget this talented girl, JGP Event and Final of Russian Cup Medalist.

Thanks for the answers, Alex! I know and like her skating a lot, she has a good flow and expressing her programs very well. She always have some problems with her jumps. I hope she fixed that problem and in a better shape tham ever now.

I am sorry to be negative, but Yushenko will go the same route as Gerasimova, Titushkina, Korobeinikova, Shelepen, Shershak and others. All those also managed some medals at JGP and eventually disappeared.

Yushenko managed silver medal at JGP event in 2013 but since then her results weren't that great. Last season her results at JGP were 5th and 5th, then she was 16th at the senior nationals (beaten by Kayumova, Pervushkina and Ogoreltseva), then she had one good competition and placed 7th at junior nationals, but then she didn't even qualify to those B nationals, whereas Pervushkina and Kayumova did. I think she is not a bad skater, but unfortunately not good enough for Russia, considering how many excellent junior skaters they have (and every year come more). Yushenko, Kayumova, Pervushkina and Ogoreltseva will probably stay around while they are junior eligible, just in case the Russian Federation wants to give them another chance, and then they will disappear. But if they managed to change country, they may have a chance. (Saying that, it didn't work for Ovcharova and Shelepen).

Country
Russia
At Final of Russian Cup (24-28 Feb 2015) Iushenko was second (below Proklova on 1.4 points, above Leonova). She landed all 10 triples in SP and FS, with one UR (2A+1Lo+3S<) and "!" on 3F, all other elements on positive GOE.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
At Final of Russian Cup (24-28 Feb 2015) Iushenko was second (below Proklova on 1.4 points, above Leonova). She landed all 10 triples in SP and FS, with one UR (2A+1Lo+3S<) and "!" on 3F, all other elements on positive GOE.

I hope she can perform the same way tomorrow, then maybe she will get a JGP assignment and Challenger Series Competition.

oleada

Record Breaker
Mishina/Mirzoev have a lot of potential and are IMO the most promising junior team in Russia right now. This is only their second season together, so that's probably why they didn't have amazing results last year. Before that, he was a single skater. At the Saint Petersburg Cup, they attempted two side by side triples (their 3T seems better than their 3S at this point) and their triple twist and triple throws were quite good. They seemed to have good speed and flow. They are coached by the Velikovs who have coached a lot of successful teams, unlike the Tuikovs who coach the top two Russian pairs we saw in Latvia this week. I hope they get a second event.

Junior pairs can develop very quickly so last season's results do not always accurately reflect how teams are doing currently.

hanca

Record Breaker
My bets are on Amina Аtakhanova /Ilia Spiridonov. They are relatively a new team, they both have done pairs only a short time (only one season) and she is also pretty young (just turned 13 this year). but they have Pavlova and Pavlova seems to be able to get results quite quickly. They got two JGP events this season, 4th and 5th event. Even if they are not great at this stage yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they got pretty decent within this season.

And next season there will be Appollinnaria Panfilova /Maxim Selkin who will become junior eligible.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Mishina/Mirzoev have a lot of potential and are IMO the most promising junior team in Russia right now. This is only their second season together, so that's probably why they didn't have amazing results last year. Before that, he was a single skater. At the Saint Petersburg Cup, they attempted two side by side triples (their 3T seems better than their 3S at this point) and their triple twist and triple throws were quite good. They seemed to have good speed and flow. They are coached by the Velikovs who have coached a lot of successful teams, unlike the Tuikovs who coach the top two Russian pairs we saw in Latvia this week. I hope they get a second event.

Junior pairs can develop very quickly so last season's results do not always accurately reflect how teams are doing currently.

I checked them out. You are right, he has done pairs only one season. Their score increased within this one season from 113 (at their first competition) to 145 at their last competition of that season. Quite impressive. They do look promising indeed.

Country
Russia
Open Moscow Championships, Junior 1-4 Sep 2015

Start lists SP
Junior Ladies (37) https://yadi.sk/i/yyyvngXvioCfo
Junior Men (30) https://yadi.sk/i/QrR4eiFpioCfw
Junior Pairs (7) https://yadi.sk/i/W5wXi4fPioCg4
Junior Dance (15) https://yadi.sk/i/6TUFfQfMioCfm

No Proklova.:disapp:

No Loboda/Drozd, Sofia SHEVCHENKO/Igor EREMENKO and Murad Kurbanov (probably they are not interested in this competitions)
No Mikhailova and Mitrofanova (JGP USA).

Bezrukova, Iushenko, Samarin, Samoilov, Tarasenko, Erokhov are in the lists.
Pairs Foka/Kostarev and Chuzhanova/Mintsev too.
And (dance) Eva KHACHATURIAN/Andrei BAGIN, Anastasia SKOPTCOVA/Kirill ALESHIN.

Ryabova (born at 2003) is 1st of 15 skated.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Sad that Proklova is not competing. I am afraid she is not ready for competition. Maybe she won't compete in JGPs, too.

Country
Russia
Iushenko

3Lz1T 3Lz hand on ice
3F stepout and probably wrong edge
2A stepout.

Not so good. :shocked::slink:

Country
Russia
Open Moscow Championships, Junior 1-4 Sep 2015

1st place after SP - Anastasia Mukhortova (born 17 May 2003) score 59.
3T+3T, 3F, 2A, very good spins.

Total level of competition is signifcantly higher than JGP Event (except leaders - medalists at JGP Event).