2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy general discussion | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy general discussion

shmay

On the Ice
I hope everyone realizes that Doris :bow: long ago made it her standard operating procedure to add convenient links for streaming, results, etc., to the OPs of the comp threads -- so that they will be at our fingertips.
She always is on alert for new links that become available close to the time of the competition, and updates the OPs accordingly.

She has our eternal gratitude for her diligence/vigilance regarding not only this Nepela thread, but also a gazillion other comp threads -- past and present. (And prob. future, although I don't want to take her efforts for granted.)
Thank you for always taking the initiative to make our lives easier in so many ways, Doris :).

New to the board, but I always find her posts to be very helpful, timesaving, and convenient. Thank you Doris!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
looking forward to see Maia and Alex and this highly anticipated (at least by myself) FD to 'Fix you' by Coldplay - this could be a real breakthrough for them...Also insteresting to see Giles/Poiries, Lubov and Dylan, Jason Brown, Testa/Csolley an dCoomes/Buckland. In general - ladies and ice dance fileds look fierce!

I thought their long was based off their EX to Fly On? Did they change it?

Ugh, ID here looks like it's going to be so good but short dance is at 3AM whyyyyyyyy....

I love you Shibs, but I might just watch the free.

New to the board, but I always find her posts to be very helpful, timesaving, and convenient. Thank you Doris!

Hear, hear! :bow:

Barb

Record Breaker
I thought their long was based off their EX to Fly On? Did they change it?

Ugh, ID here looks like it's going to be so good but short dance is at 3AM whyyyyyyyy....

I love you Shibs, but I might just watch the free.

Hear, hear! :bow:

They will try only the same style. Fix you is another song of Coldplay and the choreographer is again Peter T.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Doris thank you for posting the live stream link, even though it's not live yet - can't wait for this!

:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I've just listened live version of 'Fix you' by Coldplay and I imagine how amazing it will be in Boston World Championship to witness Maia and Alex perform to it...I wish I would be there so badly...

Regardless - wishing them a good start into the season!

Alex D

Record Breaker
I hope everyone realizes that Doris :bow: long ago made it her standard operating procedure to add convenient links for streaming, results, etc., to the OPs of the comp threads -- so that they will be at our fingertips.
She always is on alert for new links that become available close to the time of the competition, and updates the OPs accordingly.

She has our eternal gratitude for her diligence/vigilance regarding not only this Nepela thread, but also a gazillion other comp threads -- past and present. (And prob. future, although I don't want to take her efforts for granted.)
Thank you for always taking the initiative to make our lives easier in so many ways, Doris :).

Indeed.

Without all the volunteers FS would die :(

Maybe someday we can buy Doris some thing nice ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Indeed.

Maybe someday we can buy Doris some thing nice ;)

It does warm my heart whenever I see a post (like those in this thread :)) saying Thank You to Doris for all her hard work.

I would add that another good way (IMO) to show appreciation for Doris is to encourage others to actually put to use all the reference links and information that she painstakingly collects in the OPs.

For example, if someone in a comp thread asks for the link to streaming or the link to results, I make a point of not re-posting the link for her/him.

I would rather teach the person to fish -- so I politely tell the person to look in the OP for the answer that s/he wants.
I do the same thing if someone wants to know what time something starts.

I understand that sometimes people are in a rush to get to the streaming (or are just feeling lazy, as I myself sometimes am) ... but in the moments that it took to type their request for a link, they could have found the link in Doris' OP for themselves.

[To be clear: I am being preachy in general :yes: (not for the first time ;)) and I do not apologize for it --- but I am not preaching at you, Alex D. I know that you take it upon yourself to constantly update your own OPs with helpful reference links and information in the same way that Doris does.]

Alex D

Record Breaker
It does warm my heart whenever I see a post (like those in this thread :)) saying Thank You to Doris for all her hard work.

I would add that another good way (IMO) to show appreciation for Doris is to encourage others to actually put to use all the reference links and information that she painstakingly collects in the OPs.

[To be clear: I am being preachy in general :yes: (not for the first time ;)) and I do not apologize for it --- but I am not preaching at you, Alex D. I know that you take it upon yourself to constantly update your own OPs with helpful reference links and information in the same way that Doris does.]

I often drool over the OP´s, so much information there - today in the train I was reading some of them and it was an 8 hours journey and still I have more to read in the next train ride. I can only say it again and again, these collections are incredible helpful, its so much easier to just get the information someone needs.
This goes out to everyone who contributes btw. you make someone's life a lot easier!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jason's Snapchat update has given us the start numbers for everyone but him.

The Shibs are 4th, Mariah is 21st (which is last), and Gretchen and Nate got 5th. I did not see the page updated yet with full start orders so i thought i would toss out that some of it has happened and what we have at least.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Another newbie adding my thanks to Doris.:dance: I really appreciate the times and the tidbits, which just make it more to look forward to!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason's Snapchat update has given us the start numbers for everyone but him.

The Shibs are 4th, Mariah is 21st (which is last), and Gretchen and Nate got 5th. I did not see the page updated yet with full start orders so i thought i would toss out that some of it has happened and what we have at least.

Jason drew sixth, skating first in second group.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

Doris is incredible, in so many ways :bow:

I like that you redirect posters to the OPs, golden.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Absolutely agree with this. Figure skating is almost solely run by volunteers. The marshal at the boards, the announcer in the box, the judges on the panels, people writing helpful columns ;), the organising committees of competitions, even big events...

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The start orders are now on all the OPs. Some less well-known skaters have withdrawn: Martin Rappe, Mario-Rafael Ionian, Komatsubaru & Fabbri.

No real livestream link is up yet at 11:35 pm Eastern, Oct 1.

From the old skool format of the start order, live results may not be available, and may not be posted till the end of the competition day.

Last edited: