Alisa Fedichkina | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Alisa Fedichkina

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
:sad21:
I bet she will come back strong next season and win it ALL.

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Really crushed. What a terribly unlucky way to end a week that could (and probably should) have been a Russian sweep.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'm sad that she withdrew. :sad14: Alisa is such a lovely skater and I enjoyed her a lot in the SP. I hope she recovers soon.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
no luck for our power couple here at all:sad4::sad4::sad4:

The Finn

Record Breaker

Perdita

Final Flight
Ligament rupture... that sounds really bad. Wishing her and Polina a speed recovery for the next season...!

According to those who watched Japanese broadcast (unfortunately or fortunately I missed that part), their backstage camera caught her crying in pain right after she injured her ankle... :(

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
So sad that she is injured, I hope Alisa recovers fast. I am impatient to see her future works.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is just horrible. i am really concerned that maybe all this wonderful growth technically is killing the sport. Sad we now live in a world where amazing skaters like Jason Brown probably shouldn't be in the top 8 with al this technical growth and a skater like Chan has more of an outside shot at a medal and no longer gold. i guess that is progress. well i guess plushy won't come back now.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hmm...it's so hard to say where the line should be drawn. Injuries have always been a part of the sport, although it does seem like they are happening with alarming frequency these days. I am not a skater or any kind of athlete, but I've gotten ligament injuries from regular exercise (and I am no fanatic), so I can only imagine how easy it is with the stress these young skaters put on their bodies. I do appreciate the technical side of the sport slightly more than the artistic, if I'm honest (although that is important too), and I don't want to see things going backwards. But maybe skaters and their teams need to look for different approaches in how they pace themselves over the course of a season to make injuries less likely, although there is no such thing as 100% prevention. I don't think a 12- or 13-year old should be in a rush to do everything so soon...it's more important to have a sustainable career as a senior. On the other hand, when you have a few dozen promising girls the same age like in Russia, how do you stand out and get those international assignments?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here is a documentary about Marin Honda from Japanese TV:

I apologise to anyone who finds this upsetting (I certainly did, it brought tears to my eyes), but - there is some footage in it (just as Perdita said, above), of backstage off-ice warmup at Junior Worlds. The camera is following the Japanese skaters, so you don't actually see how Alisa injured herself - but you can plainly hear her cry of pain at 43:10. The camera then turns to her, and you can see the injury is serious...

Wishing her a speedy recovery...

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^ OMG! Yes, it's very hard to hear & see her in pain, but seeing Rukavitsin at her side immediately, taking care of her, was heartwarming. I love him. :love: And then they show Polina in a wheelchair looking so upset, understandably. If these were not real injuries, then these girls deserve Oscars (not that I ever doubted for a second, but there was some rather tasteless speculation from the usual suspects, of course).

Layback11

Record Breaker
Here is a documentary about Marin Honda from Japanese TV:

I apologise to anyone who finds this upsetting (I certainly did, it brought tears to my eyes), but - there is some footage in it (just as Perdita said, above), of backstage off-ice warmup at Junior Worlds. The camera is following the Japanese skaters, so you don't actually see how Alisa injured herself - but you can plainly hear her cry of pain at 43:10. The camera then turns to her, and you can see the injury is serious...

Wishing her a speedy recovery...

Whoa.

That was insanely scary. She just SCREAMED and I wasn't expecting it and then started sobbing and...wow. Freaks me out. :sad21: I wish her the fastest possible recovery. :cry:

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
Does the fact this injury happened on the floor on rather than ice mean anything? I only mean that sometimes when I see the skaters practicing their jumps on the floor in sneakers I get a little nervous. I am no expert whatsoever, so this is totally layman - but I keep thinking - what if the sole of their shoes are sticky on the ground but the body is still moving - can lead to knee ligament tears or something if it went wrong. I always wondered if the fact skaters land on blades might help the friction on landing that can cause ligament tears. That's why it's scary to see gymnasts doing tricks they are likely to under rotate - usually elements with twists where they can still be twisting into the ground upon landing - ouch.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Poor Kitty, it must have been terrible experience to her if just watching it is painful. Wishing her quick recovery and lots of rest! The season was quite stressful for her.