Alisa Fedichkina | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Alisa Fedichkina

uhh

Medalist
She should have been ahead of Sotskova, her jumps were much cleaner. I don't understand the difference in their PCS either. Anyway, i hope she can have another strong skate in the free!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Dima became JChamp (with somewhat meh skate) so now is Alisa's turn to have a good result & hopefully with a fall/UR/pop free programm !
:hap10:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Protocols up: http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/junnat1516/index.htm

The URs were probably fair for Alisa in the FS, but don't love her trailing Sotskova in PCS. Still, a bronze medal and a likely spot on the Junior World team in her debut season, a lot to like!

I'm okay with her being behind on PCS. Sotsova is 4 years older and honestly a more mature skater just because of that. The PCS will come. The important thing is she did medal and will almost surely go to Worlds :) This is a huge accomplishment!

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
I'm okay with her being behind on PCS. Sotsova is 4 years older and honestly a more mature skater just because of that. The PCS will come. The important thing is she did medal and will almost surely go to Worlds :) This is a huge accomplishment!

I like Sotskova fine, but I do prefer Alisa's programs (surprise!), far more cohesive endeavors in my opinion.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I like Sotskova fine, but I do prefer Alisa's programs (surprise!), far more cohesive endeavors in my opinion.

That, and Maria clearly wasn't at her best here. If she had given 100% then sure, give her higher PCS, but I am not a big fan of "older = more mature = higher PCS" being applied as a blanket thing. I just hate established pecking orders...but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, I suppose.

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcEGw02cJM

"Dmitri Aliev and Alisa Fedichkina - 21st century Romeo and Juliet" report on Match TV

I would really appreciate a translation (sorry, I keep asking for these today!)

There it goes :)

Female announcer says a love quote by Shakespeare.
Male announcer: they are alone in the big city of Saint Petersburg; their parents live in other cities. He’s 16, she is 13. A story which Shakespeare or Pushkin could only dream of.
Dmitri Aliev and Alisa Fedichkina are 21st century Romeo and Juliet. Inspired not only by each other but also by a common aim which is yet far away on the horizon and is called Peonchang Olympics. She has bronze in Russian juniors, he has gold. On the ice they are not a couple, single skaters.
This story could have started like this: a Romeo – Dmitri who is is 16 and Juliet - Alisa, 13, are in love.
Dima: we try to find free time to spend it together.
The announcer: Usually they start talking about young skaters after their victories in junior or senior events. But people started talking about Dima and Alisa long ago. And not only in the dressing rooms. They don’t hide their feeling and agreed willingly to do this interview. The country knew about their love story not long ago. Some people think they are too young for it. Some might think: they have a lot to learn! But we think some people can only dream of it!
(Dima and Alisa are singing a love song in karaoke)
At training sessions they hardly exchange any words – they are single skaters. But Dima would take a look and estimate her elements. She would not notice it. The coach doesn’t like it. Of course, love is great but it’s better somewhere else – behind the boards. On the ice one should work.
Rukavitsin: For us, all of us: adults, parents, it was kind of unexpected, a surprise.
The announcer: they have arrived here to meet their coach 3 years ago: he was from a cold Ukhta, she – from a warm and not so snowy Rostov-on-Don. They met not only their coach but each other too.
Dima: Actually I don’t remember how we were introduced to each other. Alisa just whispered in my ear that she doesn’t remember it either. At first we didn’t communicate much with each other. I had a rough period of adaptation, a tough time when I moved here.
The announcer: In the city Dima had nobody. He moved when he was 13 so he missed his parents very much.
Dima: I haven’t skated for 1,5 month, didn’t go to the ice-rink. I lied that I was sick. It was hard to be away from my parents.
The announcer: he was saved by Alisa: a little girl with big eyes. They took Dima’s depression away.
Alisa: We got to like each other long time ago. But none of us could approach and confess. So I think we could have started dating even earlier.
Dima: At a certain moment I got stuck in it. I decided to make a move. And since then I have melted (Alisa laughs).
The announcer: but he didn’t have time to be weak, he had to take responsibility. At a competition in Nice Alisa had to skate without her coach but she wasn’t scared.
Alisa: Dima was nervous more than me. It was so visible. He was standing there, all so serious.
The announcer: coach Rukavitsin couldn’t arrive but he did as a monk Lorenzo from Romeo & Juliet: blessed the couple and Dima took Alisa to the ice.
Dima: She even told me: Why can’t you laugh a little bit, cheer me up? But I felt responsibility and even fear. And after that I had to skate myself, so it was like 2 competitions for me.
The announcer: He knows all Alisa’s programs by heart. She is sure that she took bronze for the 1st time at the last competition in Chelyabinsk due to his support. He was always beside her, he even invented their common ritual before skating (Dima and Aisa clap hand and say: We can do it!). And Dima in Chelyabinsk took gold; he was 1st among Russian juniors. He did 3A, 3S – a level of an adult. A coincidence? We don’t think so. Even cynical people understood it. They actually do everything together: train their dog Charlie, choose costumes for Dima’s performances. You may think it’s all kids’ stuff but they say – it’s love.
Dima: We promised to each other that we’ll be together and it’s forever. We swore to each other on the lake shore.
Alisa: He tied my eyes and took me some place. I actually didn’t know where we were going. Then he untied them and I saw a red blanket on the ground with chocolates and berries on it and we sat there in the evening.
The announcer: Of course, in life everything is not as easy as on ice and every relationship is hard work.
Alisa: he is very jealous.
Dina: She offends very often. I have to put up with it.
The announcer: their parents are not Montagues and Capulets, they don’t make any claims but they think their children are still kids.
Sergey Aliev (Dima’s dad): I can’t call it love, for example. Because they are teenagers, everything is ahead of them. We’ll see in future if this romance or friendship grows into true love.
The announcer: And these kids do not compare themselves to Romeo and Juliet, figure skaters have other heroes.
Dima: There are couples like Trankov and Volosozhar. They are together and they skate together.
The announcer: To be together not only in life but on the rink too – they thought about it and decided it’s better to skate separately.
Dima: We tried to do an element in the gym, like a throw or a lift, but in reality I’m afraid to do it with Alisa, I worry about her.
The announcer: so at long trainings in the Academy they skate by themselves, practice their programs but in the end Trankov and Volosozhar also skated separately in the past. In the evening their change their professional skates into ordinary ones to finally skate alone.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
mermaid, you are my absolute hero. You went above and beyond. Thank you so much! :points::thank:

I hadn't realized that neither of them have parents living with them in SPB? :eeking: Who is taking care of them? They surely don't live together at this age?

Dima: We promised to each other that we’ll be together and it’s forever. We swore to each other on the lake shore.

:dbana:

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
mermaid, you are my absolute hero. You went above and beyond. Thank you so much! :points::thank:

I hadn't realized that neither of them have parents living with them in SPB? :eeking: Who is taking care of them? They surely don't live together at this age?

:dbana:

You are welcome!
I didn't know about their parents not living with them either.
But at her Russian Nationals interview Alisa said her parents sent her messages of support from Saint Petersburg:scratch2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alisa and Dima should both skate to the same program music. Or at least share a theme next year.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That interview is cute, thanks so much for the translation. I have to be honest, some of it is a little :rofl: but they are a cute nice young couple and I wish the best for both of them.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww puppies:luv17:

so naive:love:

& they cant sing to save their lives:laugh2:

Last edited: