Alisa Fedichkina | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alisa Fedichkina

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
& Dima didnt give her his high scores @ YOG as a present:bang:

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Wow so Olga Glinka was a gymnast.Its ironic that she's in figure skating and not a gymnastics coach..Well that explains Alisa's flexibility and the way she uses her hands(not messy)..

butters

Rinkside
Great news! Alisa placed first in the short program at Junior Worlds :clap:
I hope she does well in the free skate, as she's had a tendency this season to make a costly error towards the end of the program. Pretty impressive considering this is her first experience at Junior Worlds!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I honestly didn't dream that she would have a chance to lead here...but I'm not complaining. :) So proud of her, and I like the podium the way it is...hope there won't be much movement tomorrow. Now Dima's turn...

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
First of the favorites, Alisa went out and threw down. She took out her little imaginary book and read the field to filth!!

I'd've had her further in front, and Maria in second. I agree that the second half of her free skate will be quite telling, but to win the short program in your Junior World debut is nonetheless quite impressive.

Last edited:

dna5019

Final Flight
My incredibly annoying day at work just became a lot better. I'm so happy to see that Alisa is in first! :hap93: Best of luck tomorrow, Alisa! I want to see you podium! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Alisa at Junior Worlds I

What can I say, she was a class of her own! For me, nobody else skated on such a high level as she did. I so love her ballet arms and expression, she is a very traditional skater and offers a lot of eye candy.

My thoughts from the report,

I think that the right person is on top and it was very wise, to not kick her from said position, not just because of me hunting those people down that would dare to do such a thing, no it´s more about the judging and that whole "bonus" that late starters can receive at times and gladly the 14 years old from St. Petersburg, was not punished too hard for her early number, today.

Alisa Fedichkina, achieved 66.11 points, with 27.95 in PCS, the second best score for the components today and honestly, if she had started later, the score would have been much higher for sure, but as I said, the judges did not give anyone more, except the Japanese, who also scored 66.11 in combined total, but lays second due to a lower TES. Overall a good and fair result, well handled by the judges.

That being said, Alisa for me, was a class of her own in the short, with smooth & effortless skating, enchanting movements and great interpretation skills with all these lovely pictures that she had created, today and it surely deserved a bit more at least for INT and CH.
Besides that, it was a flawless program with level fours on all her elements and nice balance, starting with the double Axel, while adding her triple Lutz – triple Toe combination and the triple Flip after her stepsequence, which is not easy to do, as steps need to be attacked and will drain your power and attention for the next element.

In general, we can say that two skating worlds did collide today. Alisa with the very cute and calm programs and Maria Sotskova with her sexy and mature skate, coming third with 64.78 points and also the Lutz – Toe and Flip jumps, however, missing out on her levels quite a bit.
As much I understand people who favor one style and therefore either argue for or against Maria, we must consider that Alisa really nailed her performance today, being 0.05 points below her PB from October, last year. The early starting number was a big disadvantage, yet she didn't give in and absolutely skated with great charm and interpretation, lovely aligned to the phrasing of music, no matter if the bird flew away or just landed in her heart, it was always kept safe and protected - a really nice detail that fits so well, to this so called "effortless" skating that judges want to see.

The Russian has what I find so fascinating about the Russian school of artistry, it´s very back to basics, great ballet arms, smooth movements and footwork, always performing, never standing still and she even had a twizzle in her step sequence and I really enjoyed the entry´s like with the Axel, no telegraphing there, but still presenting her element with grace and confidence. From my point of view, she is a wonderful personality on ice, you just like watching her and I hope she can skate another of those flawless performances tomorrow.

Pl.
Qual.
Name
Nation
TSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SS
TR
PE
CH
IN
Ded.
-
StN.
Q
Alisa FEDICHKINA
RUS
Q
Marin HONDA
JPN
Q
Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS

Starting time tomorrow,

15:49:30 - 15:56:30
Warm-up Group 4
15:57:00 - 16:04:20
Bradie TENNELL USA
16:04:20 - 16:11:40
Marin HONDA JPN
16:11:40 - 16:19:00
Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN
16:19:00 - 16:26:20
Alisa FEDICHKINA RUS
16:26:20 - 16:33:40
Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
16:33:40 - 16:41:00
Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT

dna5019

Final Flight
I wish I could give Alisa a hug. I can only imagine how the poor girl must be feeling right now. :sad4: I'm very sad that she had to withdraw, but I was completely charmed by her short program yesterday. :luv17: She has captured my heart this season with her grace, charm, and lovely programs. She has something very special about her and I'm looking forward to watching her grow and develop as a skater. Good luck next season, Alisa! Keep smiling! :clapper:

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT SHE WITHDREW! I sat in the Arena and I waited the girls in the last group!! OMG! Just 5 skaters!!! Who is absent ? Where is Alisa???? I'm so unlucky!!! Polina and Alisa!!! I wanted to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: