2015 Golden West Championships Sep 2 to 6 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden West Championships Sep 2 to 6

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
From Sylvia's twitter
Golden West Sr Ladies final 1-3: Karen Chen 191.51 (125.06 FS), @TylerPierce13 167.61 (105.06), Riona Kato JPN 137.38 (84.93) #GW2015

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I did manage to catch Tyler's SP...somehow. She went back to her SP from Nationals this year, it was not the one from Glacial Falls.

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
The video's private; I can't see it.

Sorry about that, it's been on youtube since this morning, it got locked after I posted it. The program was ok, not my favorite, but I think they are trying for something more elegant with her this season as she goes senior. I wish they did not include vocals in the On My Own section. I like that she's trying in her facial expressions and I love her spins. Knee did not look wrapped like it was at Glacial Falls. 125 seemed inflated to me for the content, but I guess that's normal with summer competitions..According to a poster on another board, her content was: 3Lz+ 2T, 2A + 3T, 3F fall, 3S, 3Lo, 2A + 2T +2Lo, 3 Lz fall out.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I did manage to catch Tyler's SP...somehow. She went back to her SP from Nationals this year, it was not the one from Glacial Falls.

On FSU someone said that Tammy Gambill was with Tyler at the boards for both programs, not Rohene (who was with the rest of the 7k skaters). Has Tyler left Kori?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
On FSU someone said that Tammy Gambill was with Tyler at the boards for both programs, not Rohene (who was with the rest of the 7k skaters). Has Tyler left Kori?

I actually did notice it looked like Tammy was with her at the sides. I did not notice Rohene at all, so I thought maybe the skaters just went on their own and Tammy filled in to be nice. Tammy is listed as Tyler's "former coach" here http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054439.htm so it could have just been friendly. Tyler was with them at Glacial, and when TSL was in town.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watched the SP and FS and Tyler Pierce, Ashley Shin and Christina Cleveland skated in the same flights. In both events Tammy Gambill was at the boards with Tyler while Rohene was at the boards with Ashley and Christina. (Rohene was also at the boards for all the other team KoRo skaters over the weekend.) I did not observe any interaction between Tyler and Rohene. That is what makes me wonder if she has left team KoRo. If she did it had to have happened very recently. She was posting pictures with Mariah on twitter on August 18.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the SP and FS and Tyler Pierce, Ashley Shin and Christina Cleveland skated in the same flights. In both events Tammy Gambill was at the boards with Tyler while Rohene was at the boards with Ashley and Christina. (Rohene was also at the boards for all the other team KoRo skaters over the weekend.) I did not observe any interaction between Tyler and Rohene. That is what makes me wonder if she has left team KoRo. If she did it had to have happened very recently. She was posting pictures with Mariah on twitter on August 18.

Thanks for the report, Katmari. That, and the fact that as Stitch said she went back to her old SP (did Rohene do choreo for the new SP?) does make me wonder too ...:confused: too bad, she and Mariah seemed to support each other and get along. Or did she just ditch the Rohene program, and not 7k, which could be awkward ....

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks for the report, Katmari. That, and the fact that as Stitch said she went back to her old SP (did Rohene do choreo for the new SP?) does make me wonder too ...:confused: too bad, she and Mariah seemed to support each other and get along. Or did she just ditch the Rohene program, and not 7k, which could be awkward ....

Yes thanks Katmari!

I remember Kori talking about the puzzle that was Tyler and that her new programs were deliberately difficult to encourage growth. Perhaps it was too uncomfortable. Or, maybe it will turn out that she hasn't left.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
It's worth noting that the short program that Tyler skated at glacier falls was very, very out there... And that out of the main Koro skaters, I always felt Tyler was lower priority to them than Jason, Mariah, and jordan.... Awkward though, they were in so many smiling photos, and Tyler had a pretty successful last season with Kori.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
It's worth noting that the short program that Tyler skated at glacier falls was very, very out there... And that out of the main Koro skaters, I always felt Tyler was lower priority to them than Jason, Mariah, and jordan.... Awkward though, they were in so many smiling photos, and Tyler had a pretty successful last season with Kori.

That is one way to put it! I have to admit i saw it and kinda assume she is not going to be skating with any juniors with that number... it might stick out a bit too much in a one of these things is not like the other I did like it and think it suited her... though the braidography might have been a bit much.

Though I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves thinking she has jumped ship. It seems just as likely to me that Tammy pitched in for friendly and nostalgic reasons and to take some work off of Rohene. It sounds like Rohene had plenty to deal with and if Tammy schedule allowed for her to hug Tyler at the end so what. Kori has said she is very open to other input and coaches, I doubt she would have an issue with Tyler spending a few days with a old coach who she is on good terms with. It could just be more of a friendly visit. If anything i get the impression Kori would prefer skaters to be on civil comfortable terms with old coaches. Plus it was Tyler's home skate club, so she may have just had Tammy there for old time sake.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone see the Instagram from Jimmy Ma retweeted by 7k? (On my iPad, copying not my best skill). In it, Tyler comments that she "misses you guys" and Jimmy says they miss her :confused:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Did anyone see the Instagram from Jimmy Ma retweeted by 7k? (On my iPad, copying not my best skill). In it, Tyler comments that she "misses you guys" and Jimmy says they miss her :confused:

So does that mean Jimmy Ma is part of Team Koro now, or is he just visiting?

I hope Tyler is ok regardless. She is still 16, it could also be that being away from home was just not such a good idea as well. Ohh well. I guess we will see.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So does that mean Jimmy Ma is part of Team Koro now, or is he just visiting?

I hope Tyler is ok regardless. She is still 16, it could also be that being away from home was just not such a good idea as well. Ohh well. I guess we will see.

Stitch, I thought the same thing; these may be accomplished 16 year olds, but they are still 16 year olds, and they may not want to live away from home. Or have family matters that require a return home.

Best to Tyler, and to Jimmy too!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Stitch, I thought the same thing; these may be accomplished 16 year olds, but they are still 16 year olds, and they may not want to live away from home. Or have family matters that require a return home.

Best to Tyler, and to Jimmy too!

Heck it could just be that she wants to train near her family/home for a month or two. Really taking a break like that is not a bad thing, and i could still see the miss you comments. We likely should not get so creative.

polenka84

Rinkside

I can confirm that Tyler has left 7K...it was very sudden, no one expected it, and it was a big loss :( She's very much missed :(

polenka84

Rinkside

Yes, Rohene did the choreography for her new (old new) short program.