2015 JGP Colorado Springs Pairs FS Sep 5 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Pairs FS Sep 5

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think Russia should...

1. Force some of singles skaters to try out pairs skating... so they can go that direction later.
2. Force their pairs skaters to compete internally against each other as singles skaters... and then pair up the stronger ones

I don't think anyone should ever be "forced" to do anything they don't want to...skating pairs is dangerous and not particularly appealing to a lot of people.

You think they are hurting for good pairs or something? This was a competition on another continent, at altitude, so it's understandable if they couldn't show their best here.

Florentina

On the Ice
i think their biggest problem is lifts and twist , when they get stronger they will be a force! i loved both of their programs :cheer:

Given how new they are as a team and to pairs I wouldn't label it a problem! Rather a work in progress. Better safe than trying something more difficult that they don't have down yet in competition. They can only benefit from putting what they already have out there. And I agree their programs were great. I hope they can keep their enthusiasm. It's so nice to see. I'm looking forward to seeing them develop!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Given how new they are as a team and to pairs I wouldn't label it a problem! Rather a work in progress. Better safe than trying something more difficult that they don't have down yet in competition. They can only benefit from putting what they already have out there. And I agree their programs were great. I hope they can keep their enthusiasm. It's so nice to see. I'm looking forward to seeing them develop!

yeah, i didnt mean to sound negative, just lack of a better phrase at that moment, her joy esp at their SP is refreshing!

Florentina

On the Ice
I also liked Ivanova/Takhimov! They almost won this. With a valid death spiral and without the weird ending I think it would have been them.

Anyone know why they got no credit? Not enough revolutions or her position? Something else?

NaVi

Medalist
You think they are hurting for good pairs or something? This was a competition on another continent, at altitude, so it's understandable if they couldn't show their best here.

When it comes to winning World's and Olympic medals, I'm skeptical about Russia's future in Pairs. Winning Junior Grand Prix medals with decent pairs elements and not so great side by side singles elements seems to me to be a bit of fools gold. And better side by side jumps means they could possibly take it easier on a "dangerous" pair element.

Last edited:

Scout

Final Flight
I also liked Ivanova/Takhimov! They almost won this. With a valid death spiral and without the weird ending I think it would have been them.

Anyone know why they got no credit? Not enough revolutions or her position? Something else?

Just a guess, but John was talking about how the girl's head needs to be below her knee. She was rather high up in her position - so maybe not close enough to the ice to get credit?