sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
not at all

everything was going fine until that lift
it's like she's just twisting everywhere and he looks unsure where to hold her

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
K/R have very good basics, but the inexperience shows. Again, I see plenty of potential here. Very odd entrance into the twizzles though. She's got nice spark. Another pell-mell rotational lift though.

Really another pleasant surprise.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
some sloppy moments but I like their presentation more here

The Koreans? It was a bit sloppy, but I love her animation. The whole sequence into the waltz pattern is just 'off' to me. But isn't it nice to see Korea really investing in Ice Dance? Bravo to them!

ETA: Wow, I actually am in agreement with the judges so far. That's a very strange thing! :)

Last edited:

chameleon

On the Ice
The Koreans? It was a bit sloppy, but I love her animation. The whole sequence into the waltz pattern is just 'off' to me. But isn't it nice to see Korea really investing in Ice Dance? Bravo to them!
Korea really seems to be investing in all their disciplines, probably for 2018. Their junior pairs team is surprisingly promising, and I like this dance team too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This has been a good competition so far. Great to see so many promising teams!

I am hoping Baby T will nap long enough for me to see McNamera/Carpenter.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This has been a good competition so far. Great to see so many promising teams!

Yes, I'm very pleasantly surprised because I wasn't particularly impressed with the first two JGPs in ID. But lots of potential here.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

yup
and I agree with the waltz part. I feel like Lee was off at some place and hesitated. Still, she became more lively here and Kam improved too. And yes, it is nice to see Korea do some investing in ice dance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
yup
and I agree with the waltz part. I feel like Lee was off at some place and hesitated. Still, she became more lively here and Kam improved too. And yes, it is nice to see Korea do some investing in ice dance.

KSU clearly want to be on the team event in 2018! I hope they will be.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
yup

Yes, well it's a Big Waltz. It absolutely needs Diva and Partner time or else it falls flat. Completely different in tone from the measured Sibelius waltz (it drives me nuts when people think all waltzes are the same!).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I knew someone would have to do Masquerade Waltz. Grrrrrrrrr. That music absolutely DEMANDS that you skate it with AUTHORITY: strong edges, speed, and on the beat. Why didn't they skate to a nice soft waltz? It would suit them so much better. Total mismatch of music and couple.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a disaster :slink:
And, I actually liked the Koreans, I didn't think they deserved so low a score :eek:hwell:

LisaM

Medalist
Really not into what they're trying to portray, especially her faces, but the skating was great.

Idk, something about her shoulders is really putting me off. I like Carpenter much better.

Last edited:

charmblade

Final Flight
That was delightfully kooky. Anyone know what exactly they are portraying here? The trolls/goblins from the hall of the mountain king?

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Lorraine, get rid of the headband. It makes you look like Cher about to burst into Half Breed.

Really interesting, quirky program. I'm not sure all of it works (the sequence after the waltz pattern is just awkward and that rotational lift was not nearly as smooth as it should be--it looked more than a bit frantic). Give 'em credit for trying something so idiosyncratic. And even with the balance check that should put them comfortably in first.