2015 JGP Colorado Springs Free Dance Sep 5 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Free Dance Sep 5

LisaM

Medalist
I really like this Canadian couple! So much fire in them, the second slow part of the music was MUUUUCH too slow for them!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Canadians? I like them alot. Much potential there, though they do tend to telegraph their elements. I'm just have yet to recover from last season's PD extravaganza. But I think they have something.

ETA: Igor is looking tres casz, no?

Good score. They deserve it.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I love Ho Jung Lee--she's SO expressive. Considering their ages, that was one of the better tangos I've seen, despite the bobbles here and there. I'd slot them just behind the Canadians.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Geez, we're not ten seconds into the Ukranians Slumdog Millionaire program and already The International Hand Gesture...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

ETA: Well it was better than the SD, but really it just makes you appreciate how GOOD and how AUTHENTIC Marlie's Bollywood OD really was.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:)

ETA: it's so LAZY. Shame on their choreographer(s). You're charging moolah for that laziness. Shame on you!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Huffing and puffing that thin Colorado air!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well at least the French woman is not wearing some Lawrence Welk monstrosity. I just wound up watching him--he's very engaging as a performer. But I think Zazoui has lost something. That was a pretty generic program (admittedly I am NOT a Moulin Rouge ST fan--it's so ersatz).

ETA: Surprisingly (to me at least, but I've never followed Junior Dance before) the scoring/placements are very fair. Imagine that!

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:)

ETA: it's so LAZY. Shame on their choreographer(s). You're charging moolah for that laziness. Shame on you!

Yeah...and starts to border on cultural appropriation TBH. Nothing egregious, just makes me a little bit uncomfortable.

Mattieu

Medalist
Well at least the French woman is not wearing some Lawrence Welk monstrosity. I just wound up watching him--he's very engaging as a performer. But I think Zazoui has lost something. That was a pretty generic program (admittedly I am NOT a Moulin Rouge ST fan--it's so ersatz).

Yes Zazoui has lost something, Romain Haguenauer! He was the creative and driving force behind Lyon's top teams in recent years, whereas Zazoui has health problems and Schoenfelder is just a technicien.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Lewis & Bye were a bit rough around the edges. And that was pretty patented generic Igor tango choreography. I don't know--I really liked their SD, but I was pretty meh about that.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Is it just me or is the sound sync pretty badly off for the Canadians? Maybe it's just that I find all those 50s Biblical movie STs sound the same and my brain is on a time delay.

Eh. That was ok. I mean for a first year couple it is very impressive, but it just left me going meh. And why on earth would they do their major lift with their backs to the judges? Why?