2015 JGP Colorado Springs Free Dance Sep 5 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Free Dance Sep 5

LisaM

Medalist
Wow this first Russian couple! I was very impressed by the in the SD and now even more! Too bad about the twizzles being so out of sync but otherwise they looked great. Can't believe she's only 14.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
These first two couples are not thrilling me at all :disapp:

Neither did the third.

Well I think the best you can say for P/V is that they have VERY sound technique. But that was THROWBACK CITY, with a souped up beat. The early to mid 90s are BACK baby, from the TraumaDrama frantic choreography to the tackola costumes.

Bleh.

But very good technique.

TMC

Record Breaker
They had some really nice, unique moves! A little rough round the edges and a bit confusing at times, but overall very nice!

LisaM

Medalist
Sorry but Konkina is atrocious to watch, so clunky and crooked. Their first lift was great though.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
As for K/R, ditto. With slightly better costumes and equally repellent music. What was that--Beethoven by Jim Steinman?

But again, really good technique.

LisaM

Medalist
The Carmen program did absolutely nothing for me. Also I felt like Lorraine's facial expression were very similar to the ones she had in her SD which really shouldn't be the case.

madison

Record Breaker
Sorry but Konkina is atrocious to watch, so clunky and crooked. Their first lift was great though.

Actually, i find them very charismatic, they have star quality... when they grow up a little more, watch out, they will be very good.

LisaM

Medalist
Give her time to grow. She's just a young girl. No need for harsh judgment just yet

Of course, I'm not writing her off immediately.

Actually, i find them very charismatic, they have star quality... when they grow up a little more, watch out, they will be very good.

I heard the commentator saying something like that too. I'm not seeing it yet, but who knows.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
When is Carmen not exactly Carmen?

They'll easily win this. Easily. But that is a strange program, not quirky exactly, just uhm strange. But they are in their own league here.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
And you speak about Russian overscoring:sarcasm:
I don't mind them winning here, but not with these scores

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AFAIR, aren't Polischuk & Vaknov, Konkina & Reviya, Lewis and Bye, and Gropman and Somerville all going to Youth Olympic Games? If so, it is very close between the first three couples, and will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
AFAIR, aren't Polischak & Vaknov, Konkina & Reviya, Lewis and Bye, and Gropman and Somerville all going to Youth Olympic Games? If so, it is very close between the first three couples, and will be interesting to see.

Ohhh that would be interesting!

madison

Record Breaker
Hope both Russian couples will get another JGP. I think both are really good at this moment and with good chances to progress.
Although at this moment i find K/R more interesting than P/V, that are rather dull, but maybe because their old- fashioned programs.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hmmm, I'm not totally convinced by this program :shrug: It just didn't look polished enough, let alone score 93 :laugh:
BTW, what is the highest Junior FD score?

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
So glad the beautiful Russian team climbed up to third. She reminds me alot of Alla Loboda. But better. Looking forward to more.