Dmitri Aliev | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

SheaChn

Spectator
I also want to know how can they let a right ankle trauma (as reported it's just inflammation?) last for 3 months? Other skaters may recover even from a bone crack in such long time. And in my view his best condition in this season till now was in the very first Rostelecom Cup. Across to what they told the reporters in some interviews I doubt if they know how to balance treatment with jump and strength training. And now Ruka and himself said he will return 4lutz (which uses the right ankle most) back in EC made me doubt it more. I just feel that this season is wasted and I hope they can find out why.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I also want to know how can they let a right ankle trauma (as reported it's just inflammation?) last for 3 months? Other skaters may recover even from a bone crack in such long time. And in my view his best condition in this season till now was in the very first Rostelecom Cup. Across to what they told the reporters in some interviews I doubt if they know how to balance treatment with jump and strength training. And now Ruka and himself said he will return 4lutz (which uses the right ankle most) back in EC made me doubt it more. I just feel that this season is wasted and I hope they can find out why.
Well, considering Dima was offered to spend a month in a cast to let the leg heal, it sounds reasonably serious. It doesn't go away because they don't treat it thoroughly enough since Dima has to train? Dima said that he hopes the inflammation would go away "somehow" :noshake:

SheaChn

Spectator
Well, considering Dima was offered to spent a month in a cast to let the leg heal, it sounds reasonably serious. It doesn't go away because they don't treat it thoroughly enough since Dima has to train? Dima said that he hopes the inflammation would go away "somehow" :noshake:

I'm sorry that I was a little upset about their altitude towards ingury after read that interview. I can understand he and his team really want to go to Olympics, but I don't think it's the right way to let the trauma unhealed. (maybe it's because there are just many skaters get their ankles injured this season, some also push themselves to keep training and competing without enough treatment and at last they have to stop training to get full recovery) I think now I can only look forward to the case that he beats Samarin at European Championships, otherwise this whole season, his endurance and persistence just turn out to be a waste.

medoroa

On the Ice
Congrats on the great SP! :cheer: I feel like he's almost skated it to its full potential -- the step sequence was downright GRAND after he knew he'd done well with the jumps, fantastic use of the music.

I don't like that he's potentially skating without waiting for his ankle to heal, but it's pretty obvious now that neither him or his team want to slow down this season, so... good luck with the FS.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Silver at his FIRST EUROS. That is a huge accomplishment! I was afraid to get my hopes up, but he went above and beyond my wildest expectations! I can't believe he could actually be going to Pyeongchang! :points::hap93:

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
I totally fell in love with him today. I liked him before but he just blew it out of the water this evening.
He has such musicality, his arms move so elegantly, has nice posture, is very emotional and expresive, and his jumps are wonderful. :luv17:
Easily my favorite Russian male, and I hope he keeps it going for many years to come. If he manages to train more quads and keep his skating skills and composition I see him going very very very far! :points:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I didn't really care for Dima until now, he was a nice skater but lacked charisma and personality and didn't grab my eye. I was also so sad that he beat Sergei at Russian Nats and ended his chances for Olympic spot. However, after today, I am totally sold on him. He was the most stunning skater of today, he moves so smootly across the ice, he is very musical and his jumps are good and secure. As much as I'm sad Sergei will miss the Olympics, I'm so happy Dima will probably get the chance to shine there. I hope that the future has much for him.

teamgoldengeese

Rinkside
So great to see that free skate finally performed to its full potential! I was unsure of that program at the beginning of the season, but wow it was truly marvelous today. Congrats for a well deserved silver medal. Dima truly is the future of Russian men's skating. Can't wait to see what he does in the future (hopefully the Olympic Games?).

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations on the first Euro medal at his first appearance and perhaps winning the Olympic berth too? :)

GGFan

Record Breaker
Ok, Dmitri made me a believer today! I thought using Build a Home was a mistake earlier this season, but I'm so glad I was wrong :bow: He owned that! His arched back and musicality :love:

Don't get mad at me friends from Moscow, but a couple minutes ago I thought to myself, "You know what? This young man must be from St. Petersburg." I looked it up and . . . :dev2: (St. Petersburg pairs >>>>> Moscow pairs)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I had read a practice report this morning from someone who said Dima didn't show up, and I feared for the worst. Turns out he forgot his skates at the hotel.

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180120/1131361024.html

"There was a force majeure that did not allow him to go to an ice training session, instead we conducted intensive training on the floor, our choreographer (Olga Glinka) went through the program with him, he was emotional and acted physically very intensely," Rukavitsyn answered, what happened to Aliyev on the day of the free program.

"We made a decision absolutely clear without agreement: it means nothing, it will only help us," the coach added, referring to the influence that the episode could have on the figure skater. "We accept what is given to us from above. there was no disappointment or resentment, they accepted it as it was, held a job, discussed the day, maybe it played a positive role. "

I just love him and Olga Glinka! What a great team! :luv17: And it's even more incredible to me that Dima skated so well without a practice, going dead last after Javi, at his first Euros. That is real character!