Dmitri Aliev | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

SheaChn

Spectator
Oh i'm so happy for him! i even couldn't imagine it before yesterday, but he did it so well! Welcome back Dima! Now i just wish that he can go to the Olympics.

shine

Record Breaker
I’ve thought that FS is beautiful program ever since watching a run through clip of it from CoR. So glad he was able to to perform it to its potential finally. He’s such a sensitive artist.

SheaChn

Spectator
I’ve thought that FS is beautiful program ever since watching a run through clip of it from CoR. So glad he was able to to perform it to its potential finally. He’s such a sensitive artist.
Totally the same! I was at Megasport arena at rostelecom cup and was attracted at first sight when he performed this program at the official practice time, especially the first half! so happy that he can perform the program so well this time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I finally watched his awesome FP :love: At least one of my delusional wishes came true, and Dima will get that Olympic spot :biggrin: I wanted him at Olympics since his junior days! :hap10:

AliAle

On the Ice
Count me as a new fan, I was super impressed with his skating, beautiful jumps, gorgeous lines and SS, superb musicality... and probably the best musical choice of the season. With consistency he'll get very far.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Count me as a new fan, I was super impressed with his skating, beautiful jumps, gorgeous lines and SS, superb musicality... and probably the best musical choice of the season. With consistency he'll get very far.

Well, so far Dima isn't known for cinsistency, I wouldn't hold my breath for that. But when he's on, he's ON :love: He was always the better one comparing to Samarin, it was really frustarting to see the scoring, especially on PCS in some competitions... (can't deny Samarin can jump, but that's like all that there is to him).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima posted a cute pic from gala practice with the Italians and Deniss :biggrin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeNDJGinQ6f/?taken-by=dimaaliev

Dima and Deniss are my babies who I've loved since their early junior days...it warms my heart to see them doing so well & I'm glad they are friends!

Also, Dima has been officially named to the Olympics team!!! :hap10::yahoo::dance3: I truly never thought it was possible until he sealed the deal here...what a dream come true!

medoroa

On the Ice
Also, Dima has been officially named to the Olympics team!!! :hap10::yahoo::dance3: I truly never thought it was possible until he sealed the deal here...what a dream come true!

I can't believe it! I considered this one of my very unlikely dreams for this season, and had given up when Voronov did so well at the GP series, but here we are!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Dima posted a cute pic from gala practice with the Italians and Deniss :biggrin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeNDJGinQ6f/?taken-by=dimaaliev

Dima and Deniss are my babies who I've loved since their early junior days...it warms my heart to see them doing so well & I'm glad they are friends!

What a wonderful story! :luv17: As I mentioned before, I just became a fan this weekend.

You know someone has you hooked when you keep replaying one part of their program again and again. Oh, and they make you do it despite your skepticism because you thought P/C did everything that could be done with the piece of music already.

I complain about the IJS but excellent skaters can always transcend the system they're a part of. As Dmitri is setting up for this triple lutz I'm thinking "buddy you better deliver on this climax! I figured that he would give us a thousand transitions or just skate past the moment, but he completely understood!! :eekn::bow: He hits a gorgeous lutz into and beautiful spread eagle and breathes into every note of the music. :love:

As a huge Nathan fan and long-time fan of figure skating in general I can say that 18-year olds don't usually get it yet. He moved me on a very visceral level. I hope that he's able to recapture that in Pyeongchang :pray:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wonderful to have you in the Dima fanclub, GGfan :) And to the other newcomers as well...so nice to finally have some more company :laugh: If you haven't checked out any of his junior programs, I recommend it! Oblivion is one of my favorites. I also appreciate that his programs never look like the typical COP checking-off-the-boxes kind of program - that is to the credit of Olga Glinka and, of course, Dima, who always gives a complete performance and not just a runthrough of the elements.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Wonderful to have you in the Dima fanclub, GGfan :) And to the other newcomers as well...so nice to finally have some more company :laugh: If you haven't checked out any of his junior programs, I recommend it! Oblivion is one of my favorites. I also appreciate that his programs never look like the typical COP checking-off-the-boxes kind of program - that is to the credit of Olga Glinka and, of course, Dima, who always gives a complete performance and not just a runthrough of the elements.

A junior taking on Piazolla and doing it right? That's what you call ambition :clap:

ewdokia

On the Ice
I didn't really care for Dima until now, he was a nice skater but lacked charisma and personality and didn't grab my eye. I was also so sad that he beat Sergei at Russian Nats and ended his chances for Olympic spot. However, after today, I am totally sold on him. He was the most stunning skater of today, he moves so smootly across the ice, he is very musical and his jumps are good and secure. As much as I'm sad Sergei will miss the Olympics, I'm so happy Dima will probably get the chance to shine there. I hope that the future has much for him.

I didn't really care for Dima until now, he was a nice skater but lacked charisma and personality and didn't grab my eye.
I don’t think Dima ever lacked charisma of personality, just quite often stamina and fitness to show it off. You have to take into account that he only started training in a real professional surrounding at age 14 or 15. In Ukhta he at times even trained on natural ice. :noshake:

I remember seeing him in Graz a couple of years ago when the junior competition was combined with a senior challenger. He won the junior competition there and he was the only Junior who was invited to the gala because of the fact that he already showed so much personality. And that time he still had that non-pleasant uralic skating style (= bad skating skills). But the talent was already pretty obvious. That he could improve his SS so much at an already advanced age tells you everything about his talent. At a certain age it’s very hard to still improve in this area.

Adding a little story I already posted in Sergei’s fan thread: In Graz after his competition Dima was sitting right behind me in the audience. The challenger in Graz took place at the same time than Cup of Russia. I was following the GP with my mobile on silent mode as well. And guess who was following it as well and cheering for Sergei – Dima. But his mobile sound was still on, so a few people gave him a bad glare and with his head turning red he turned it off and used ear plugs. It was so lovely to see how he cheered for Sergei and totally forgot that the audience around was still more interested in the local event. :)

By the way Dima is just a loveable slob: he didn’t attend morning practice before the fee as he forgot to take his skates with him for morning practice. Maybe missing this practice has helped him just once this season to keep enough strength throughout his whole routine. :laugh:

SheaChn

Spectator
I don’t think Dima ever lacked charisma of personality, just quite often stamina and fitness to show it off. You have to take into account that he only started training in a real professional surrounding at age 14 or 15. In Ukhta he at times even trained on natural ice. :noshake:

I remember seeing him in Graz a couple of years ago when the junior competition was combined with a senior challenger. He won the junior competition there and he was the only Junior who was invited to the gala because of the fact that he already showed so much personality. And that time he still had that non-pleasant uralic skating style (= bad skating skills). But the talent was already pretty obvious. That he could improve his SS so much at an already advanced age tells you everything about his talent. At a certain age it’s very hard to still improve in this area.

Adding a little story I already posted in Sergei’s fan thread: In Graz after his competition Dima was sitting right behind me in the audience. The challenger in Graz took place at the same time than Cup of Russia. I was following the GP with my mobile on silent mode as well. And guess who was following it as well and cheering for Sergei – Dima. But his mobile sound was still on, so a few people gave him a bad glare and with his head turning red he turned it off and used ear plugs. It was so lovely to see how he cheered for Sergei and totally forgot that the audience around was still more interested in the local event. :)

By the way Dima is just a loveable slob: he didn’t attend morning practice before the fee as he forgot to take his skates with him for morning practice. Maybe missing this practice has helped him just once this season to keep enough strength throughout his whole routine. [emoji23]
Thank you for sharing this lovely story! As a new fan since CoR, I didn't even know that he started professional training at such an age, it was just unbelievable.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
New interview wherein he explains how it's possible to forget your skates for practice (among other things):

https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20180122/1131485519.html

From his Instastories. I had no idea he could breakdance...like, for real! :jaw: He needs to put those moves in an exhibition program, stat!

https://twitter.com/boyangjins/status/955515122608476163

Short news video about Dmitri and Mikhail being welcomed back to SPB:

https://topspb.tv/news/2018/01/23/figuristy-aliev-i-kolyada-vernulis-iz-moskvy-s-nagradami/

Quote from Dima:

"The Olympics is everything, this is a holiday, and a war, and a competition, among other things. But as long as there is no thought about it, now there will be preparation for this. Of course, you need to defend the honor of your country. " I love his attitude!

And a longer interview:

https://youtu.be/XjUWJ-T8hKw