Dmitri Aliev | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

teamgoldengeese

Rinkside
I wonder if they regret not putting him in the team event, at least for one program. Oh well, hopefully the fed realized who their #1 man should be now. Can't wait to see that beautiful free of his on olympic ice!

WineHerUp

On the Ice
Dima's free program wasn't perfect, but there were so many great qualities in his skating. He wasn't on my radar prior to the Olympics, but now I'm definitely going to be paying attention to him in the future.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima comments:

http://www.sport-express.ru/olympic...iev-o-svoem-vystuplenii-na-olimpiade-1373217/

Russian figure skater Dmitry Aliev, after the hire of an arbitrary program at the 2018 Olympics, noted that speaking at these Games is important for his future career. According to the athlete, today he is not happy with himself.

- During the fall, I felt pain, and there were the thoughts "What should I do?", But now everything is fine, - said Aliyev. - At the beginning of the program a little lost on the site and swam, almost smeared into the board. I can not say that I was worried. But was lost. Today's day is a minus. I will analyze this further.

But the Olympic Games are important for me and my future starts. I am glad that after a short program I got into the strongest warm-up. Although this also affected: in the morning training a little lost alongside these guys. I understood now that I can show myself even better.

Was it unfortunate that I did not participate in the team tournament? I am not responsible for such decisions. But I'm happy for the team that they stood on a pedestal. Tomorrow I fly away, pack my bags. I'll celebrate my birthday on the plane. I still have time to get to the competitions, to feel the spirit - since my childhood I dreamed of going to the Olympic Games.

I'm not going to give up. He did not do well, but this is a great lesson. It turned out a little not in Russian ... The Russians always go upstairs, and I go upstairs. But I could not get there. Thanks to the fans, I received many not congratulations, but support. Will be working

I know it could have been better, but he showed incredible character fighting for the rest of that FS! And he proved himself to be the top Russian once again here. Frankly, the gap should have been wider, but he was scored very conservatively while his compatriot was given very generous marks as usual, imo. He says he did not do well, but I think he did fantastic given the level of competition! There is nothing to be ashamed of when everyone ahead of him had quads galore and/or much more reputation built up.

(I'm confused about the birthday remark though, as his birthday is June 1? Is it a Google Translate fail? :scratch2:)

volk

Final Flight
Dima's FP lack power. It's very noticeable when put against everybody ahead of him. He needs to work on that intensity to catch up with the rest.

whatif

Medalist
It’s not intensity, he always look very fragile and delicate on the ice. It’s his thing but he is just very physically poorly prepared. He needs to spend more time conditioning and on his stamina.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
18 years old and at the Olympics! Wow! Here is the future! His SP was glorious and definitely something to be proud of. Very tough fall in the FS, but I look forward to watching him grow. Is he scheduled to go to Worlds?

volk

Final Flight
It’s not intensity, he always look very fragile and delicate on the ice. It’s his thing but he is just very physically poorly prepared. He needs to spend more time conditioning and on his stamina.

Well obviously poor physical conditioning won't make him skating intense. Until he improves that his second mark will be low.

evergreen

On the Ice
Guess what, I am sitting in the same carriage of KTX speed train back to the airport with Dima and his coach, both of them are in good spirit. Dressing in a white goose dawn coat, Dima looks very handsome. I said hi to his coach, and congratulated Dima for his first Olympics outing when he walked by me, and the latter said thank you to.me with a shy smile. This encounter made my trip extra joyful. I look forward to seeing him in Milan next month.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was worried he’d hurt his hip on that fall. Honestly thought he was going to stop for a brief moment. He’ll learn from this and come back a stronger more experienced skater for it. Get on that treadmill and build up some endurance for the FS.

Congrats on the Olympic experience!

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Seeing Dima's face at the boards before the free skate, the poor guy looked terrified. Such a big moment for him, so I understand the nerves. Still, he put down a beautiful quad toe-triple toe and thought on his feet after doubling the loop in his combination, swapping out the double axel. Given the base value of the men in front of him, he couldn't have gotten much higher than sixth, and it's so impressive that he was able to beat Chan, Kolyada, and Rippon.

Love the Rukavicin/Glinka coaching team and am so glad they finally have a winner on their hands - hopefully that'll get more skaters to come their way. Looking ahead to next season, that quad lutz could really be a game changer for him if he adds one to the free skate and pushes one of the toe loops into the second half. Between that and two triple axels, I gotta think his consistency will make him one of the men to beat in the next four years.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Guess what, I am sitting in the same carriage of KTX speed train back to the airport with Dima and his coach, both of them are in good spirit. Dressing in a white goose dawn coat, Dima looks very handsome. I said hi to his coach, and congratulated Dima for his first Olympics outing when he walked by me, and the latter said thank you to.me with a shy smile. This encounter made my trip extra joyful. I look forward to seeing him in Milan next month.

Oh, lucky you! Did you get a pic? I am a bit sad that his real Oly experience was so brief, but I guess they do need to prepare for Worlds. I am assuming he will go, based on his results at Euros & here, although I'm not sure when they will announce the team. Probably after the Cup of Russia final.

evergreen

On the Ice
Oh, lucky you! Did you get a pic? I am a bit sad that his real Oly experience was so brief, but I guess they do need to prepare for Worlds. I am assuming he will go, based on his results at Euros & here, although I'm not sure when they will announce the team. Probably after the Cup of Russia final.
No, I am not the type of fans collecting autographs and pictures with skaters. Of course there's nothing wrong about that, I just don't want to disturb their private moments and much prefer to preserve the memorable performances Of them on ice. A congratulation is the maximum I usually do, as I cannot pretend that I didn't know them at all.

Nevertheless, I did get Dima's autograph in Taipei junior worlds last year after small medal ceremony and told him that he will become a senior world champion one day.

Another encounter was he was walking by me after chatting a group of friends before the opening of the gala at Moscow's European, I told him I would see him at PC.

How wonderful and memorable these encounters are, I expect that I am going to see him in the competitive circle for several seasons. He has everything I like about this sports and he is such a strong competitor. Sometimes I feel his coach was more nervous than he did in the K & C area.

As to this Olympics, what impressed me the most was his SP, he was so nervous that his hands were shaking while taking the opening position, yet he delivered. That was such an excellent Olympics initial outing. As matter of fact, I was expecting he got his first 100s.

He didn't put down a great FS, which is totally understandable. This was his first international competition, and it is the Olympics and he made it to the final flight, that's awesome. I bet his coach team doesn't have the experience to prepare him for this too, but valuable lesson has learned and I wish him have a bright future.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I was asked to tell what Yagudin was saying about Kolyada and Aliev, when he was commenting SP for the "Russia" TV-channel. You can see the translation by the link, if it is interesting:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...exei-Yagudin&p=2009755&viewfull=1#post2009755

Now Aliev is skating in the tour together with Averbukh's team, together with Yagudin.

from Yagudin's instagram
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BfoQ9igACoC/)
alexei.yagudin: 2011 and 2018. @dimaaliev practiced figure skating and ski racing. He has chosen figure skating, and this is a good choice! Now he is a real artist on ice, and we can admire his skating! I wish you good luck at the Worlds in Milan and in other seasons! #sport #overcome #dimaaliev

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima skated a new ex program in Averbukh's show, "You Can Leave Your Hat On" :drama: I think he's a little young to be skating to such things, but hey...if Trusova can skate to Big Spender, why not? :p Some interesting moves in the choreo:

https://vk.com/feed?z=video-95338700_456239136/638970da991dd74aa6/pl_post_-95338700_1860

He also skated Masquerade Waltz:

https://vk.com/feed?z=video-95338700_456239137/e714f7823993a26c2e/pl_post_-95338700_1860

I'm a little concerned that he's not going to be well rested for Worlds with all this travel & performing, but I suppose most of the Olympic skaters are in the same boat. Just hope Worlds isn't going to be a huge letdown...I would really like Russia to get 3 spots back for the men!