Dmitri Aliev | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doing the Spiderman pose with his fellow cast mates. The fun side of Dmitri really has come out during these The Ice performances! Not only does he look like's having a great time at the shows, he seems to really enjoy all the sightseeing and the camaraderie with his fellow skaters. I feel like I have really developed a new appreciation for him! Nice job! :clap:

https://twitter.com/aliev_dmitriy/status/1026026331329388545

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^He had a very small solo part in the Denis Ten tribute but skated it with such conviction and heart. It was really beautiful. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously...I put his words into Google Translate (from this Instagram) and it sounds like it's some kind of romantic tribute or something?! I don't know. I don't trust Google.

We like whomever we like and can't worry whether someone else likes our favorites. I can't understand your intense dislike for Shoma, so I guess I could say I don't get that.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm extremely late but this bromance with Nathan is ridiculously cute. Cannot wait for Dima's programs this year!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was surprised to see Dima listed in the entries for Lombardia Trophy. It's so early and usually the Russian guys don't go to that competition. But I'm very excited to see the new programs, of course! And it looks like he can easily medal here - of course he won't beat Shoma, but Kazuki & Matteo are the only other real competition & I think Dima can beat them both.

shine

Record Breaker
That SP is a magnificent program. I love the poetic quality and the deep sense of longing he portrays in this program with the way he uses his neck and limbs - such awareness and musicality. Dima is truly an artist.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jumps weren't there, but wow, that's gonna be a great program when he polishes it up a bit. He seemed to feel every beat of the music. He has a couple weeks to get it ready for Lombardia, so I can't wait to see it there!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The program is pure beauty. Reminds me of Lambiel...his body movement is just incredible. I am concerned about the quad falls, especially since he has his first competition coming up next weekend. Maybe he will get them out of his system here though :laugh::pray:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those quad falls were a bit worrisome, although sometimes when they're first working on a program, it seems like it requires all their concentration to remember all the choreo, and the jumps almost become kind of secondary. Hopefully he's not injured and it's just a question of smoothly integrating the jumps. I enjoyed the program very much.

ewdokia

On the Ice
I'm worried about the jump layout as well. Replacing the 4Lutz with the 4S makes no sense unless the reason is injury. And if that's preparation for adding a third different quad I don't see any sense in it as well: Dima's jump layout as it was at the end of last season was already very difficult. And it's still difficult enough to win major medals. What prevented Dima from placing higher at OG and worlds last season was mistakes and lack of consistency, not lack of difficulty. I doubt that one more quad would help him with this. :confused: Dima's free program is superbe, I very much hope we will get to see a flawless version of it later this season. :love: