Dmitri Aliev | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
https://rsport.ria.ru/20190112/1549270282.html

MOSCOW, January 12 - RIA Novosti, Andrey Simonenko . The silver medalist of the European Championship 2018, the Russian figure skater Dmitry Aliyev, published in his Instagram video in which he performs all the existing four-turn jumps in one workout - sheepskin coat, salchow, rittberger, flip and lutz.
"At the moment, there is time to try new things, obviously, they are given to Aliyev quite easily," coach Skater Yevgeny Rukavitsyn told RIA Novosti by phone. "For example, one of the trainings had the task of doing all fours, and he coped. Only flip turned out on the other side, while the other fours were confidently and fairly easily performed, most of them also in triple toe loop cascades. "

Aliyev last season, finishing second in the European Championship, selected for the Olympic Games in Pkhenchkhane, where he became the seventh. This season, the figure skater showed the fifth result in the championship of Russia and was not selected for the team to participate in the European championship, becoming a substitute.
"Naturally, we understand the responsibility of spare numbers," said Rukavitsyn, answering the question of what form Aliyev is in. including hoping to get to the Universiade. "
In the history of figure skating, no figure skater performed all five existing quadruple jumps in one program. World champion American Nathan Chen made six quadruple jumps, but he did not go to the rittberger, performing two other jumps twice.
The European Championships will be held in Minsk on January 23-27, the Winter Universiade in Krasnoyarsk - March 2-12, and the World Championships will be held in Japan’s Saitama March 18-24.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He confirms that he'll do the Russian Cup final. And maybe Universiade. I'm unclear if he knows he's getting Universiade or not. With google translate, the exchange is like this:

Fan: Will you participate in any competitions this season?
Dima: Sure. Cup and Universiade finals, at least.
Fan: True!? Will you participate in the Universiade? This is good news
Dima: While standing as a spare)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima has a new SP, Midnight Blues, that he will show at the Russian Cup Final. He is currently skating in some Averbukh shows and performing it there, but I have not seen a video yet. I liked his SP, but sometimes a change is necessary to keep up motivation. And there wasn't really a huge difference in style between the SP and LP, so it will be nice to have more contrast.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190204/1550347580.html

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Oh that's interesting a new SP!

I liked his "old"on too but agree the FP was too similar in style. I actually don't think he "only" can skate to lyrical music (I know it has been told to him it suits him best) .
I hope he will go for something try even more challenging pieces perhaps even upbeat in the future. He has the musicality so go for it

Cant wait for a video of the new SP!

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Oh Dima I feel so sorry for him!
Its like he lost his competitive energy!

I don't blame him after an OG season, its like he hasn't recharged the batteries, just not yet...
I sincerely hope, mostly for himself, he will have a great skate tomorrow.

bloomies20

Rinkside
At a complete loss trying to figure out Aliev this season. Sort of unbelievable that he is in last place currently. He really just needs a break and to recharge for next season.

ewdokia

On the Ice
Videos from Russian Cup Final:
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=m_G1coWQf5U
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfkBh012egU

I don't blame him after an OG season, its like he hasn't recharged the batteries, just not yet...
I too think so. I really hope Dima now does what he should have done after last year’s season ending: take a long break, go on holiday for at least two weeks and then start the upcoming season with fresh energy and not like a squeezed out lemon. :(

And with this situation if for sure was not a good idea to set up a new SP. Makes me wonder what his coaches where thinking, when they should have known better. :scratch2:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Definitely not the season he was hoping for. I want the other Dmitri back! :sad4: Hopefully he can take some time off, recharge the batteries, and rekindle enthusiasm for next season. His jumps really worry me, in particular the 3A which has seemed to be Missing In Action all season...Wishing him all the best for some rest and to come back better than ever next season.

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Well there are ups and downs and this was clearly the downhill season but sometimes you need that too to comeback next season even stronger.
Dima and his team did what they could to move the focus from the pops in the jumps by changing the SP. I think it could be a great SP if Dima had landed the jumps but nope, no fuel left in him.

Have a great well deserved vacation, finally... cant wait till next season...it will be a loooong wait...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's a bit of a relief that the season is over for him and I'm glad that he at least seems to understand what he needs now. Not everyone is that clued in. He must be mentally and physically drained not only from the lack of physical rest and lack of vitamin D, but the changes in his personal life. Plenty of time now to recharge. If he keeps the new SP I think it will be really great. The sad thing was, watching the Russian Cup, was how much more sophisticated his actual skating and performance was compared to the rest of the field. He is absolutely in a class of his own, but of course you have to jump, too.

Tatjana

On the Ice
It was sad to see Dima skating again like this at the Russian Cup Final. He said that he was well prepared and that he came in order to fight for a spot on the World team. Obviously, he was far from that.
They did the new short, because they felt the old short was too similar in style to the free. I asked if he's going to keep that Blues short and he said no, not after that performance. He wants to start the new season from scratch. But first of all he needed rest and time away. He knows that and he said he first wants a few days off and if it is only for a short trip to Paris (and he did go to Paris). He's been talking about not having any real vacation the whole season, poor guy. His coaches I think made a big mistake by not giving him two weeks at least of rest and real vacation after the Olympic season. He would have needed that so badly to recharge physically and most of all mentally. Luckily, he is still only 19 years old and he hopefully can come back next sesaon fresh and motivated.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It was sad to see Dima skating again like this at the Russian Cup Final. He said that he was well prepared and that he came in order to fight for a spot on the World team. Obviously, he was far from that.
They did the new short, because they felt the old short was too similar in style to the free. I asked if he's going to keep that Blues short and he said no, not after that performance. He wants to start the new season from scratch. But first of all he needed rest and time away. He knows that and he said he first wants a few days off and if it is only for a short trip to Paris (and he did go to Paris). He's been talking about not having any real vacation the whole season, poor guy. His coaches I think made a big mistake by not giving him two weeks at least of rest and real vacation after the Olympic season. He would have needed that so badly to recharge physically and most of all mentally. Luckily, he is still only 19 years old and he hopefully can come back next sesaon fresh and motivated.

:agree:

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
so after he test skates for Men, what do you think about the new Programs?
I really like the SP, gorgeous costume too but I'm not sure about the FP. They are both "slow" lyrical pieces and I had kind of hoped they would differ more music style wise.
It's just the test skates so the program will definitely grow!

There is an interview with Dima after the SP. He is quit talkative and I wonder what he says? anyone? just some short notes
Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OK3cdmk_Xc&list=WL&index=27&t=136s