Dmitri Aliev | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Dima on a well deserved silver at Lombardia! I'm not hugely fond of the new programs, but I don't dislike them either. TBH I grew a bit tired of coming to the forum and always seeing the same comments from the same people, so I don't post much any more, my time is better spent on other things...but I still love Dima!

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Well Dimais definitely on the right path, a very well deserved silver indeed!

I like his SP and the FP is growing on my. I wonder how many quads he intends to add in the FP. Compared to Byoang FP choreography wise, Dimas FP is way more complexed with transitions. I don't understand why the judges don,t give Dima higher PCS specially in interpretation. He should be up in the 9ths area
I hope I get to see both live at the GPF. It's so different seeing skating live than on TV.

It feels like Dima is much "stronger" this season, he just needs a little better stamina so he doesn't get tired in the end of the FP , faster end spins...

Sad you feel that way silverfoxes but have fun with whatever you do:)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, he's really on a roll! :hap10: Broke 100 points for the first time...I'm so glad that he seems to have the fire back in him. And yes, I'm starting to really like the SP. I don't want to jinx anything, but I hope this season will finally bring some justice and the respect that he deserves. He has all the goods and he's actually proven he can deliver. He is still just 20 and the future looks bright. Go Dima!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just finished watching men’s FS at Nepela, congratulations to Dmitri on his win!:luv17: He seems rejuvenated and on track for a great season!

chanchan

On the Ice
Love Dima's FS so much.:love:

IMO he need a real haircut and clean shave to look a little less sloopy.:slink:

stamina has been a long time problem for dima. compared to nathan and shoma, dima's leg muscles is not enough. maybe working on that could kind of solve this problem.

also i want to see better spins.

yeah, a strict fan.:palmf:

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
I still like Dimas SP more than the FP but the FP is growing on me.
His spins are slower this year. Sometimes I wonder if her rotates in the same pace as the slow music in purpose.
IMO he needs faster spins and better stamina.

His hair, haha, I love his hair :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima skated an amazing SP today, and easily outperformed any of the Russian ladies, but his fanfest is nearly falling off the front page. Why is it always like that? I don't understand. Congratulations Dima! He deserved a higher score (or others should have been lower), but it's not even worth opening that can of worms.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20191019/1559962812.html

medoroa

On the Ice
He is fantastic and I love him a lot, and I was making weird noises every time he landed a jump because I was just so relieved. :laugh: I saw him live at Lombardia and he's absolutely mesmerizing, has that "it" factor and beautiful body lines that draw you in. Only Dima can make that awfully loud and over-dramatic cover of Sound of Silence work for me (sorry J/C).

As for his scores, you can't beat Keegan's spins GOE and I'm sure Dima's PCS will improve as judges get more used to seeing him perform well. :)

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
I just watched the SPs from SA.I think Dima deserved 1st place anyhow...
He looked so secure, the energy is back.
I so want him to go to GPF. I would love to see him live again. It's such an impact to see him skate live. He is mesmerising,
crossing fingers for the FP.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Dima did a great job ... and for the first time in years after the SP ... a russian men is ahead of the ladies :dev3: ... I think the distant to the first should be shorter ... in the jump he turn she got negative goe and nathan positive ...

Let's hope that he doesn't pop the LP

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thrilled with Dmitri's skate. With that beautiful posture of his, his lines, speed and flow across the ice--he looked regal out there! So happy to see his jumps are back to being big and beautiful...I was in the arena, and the audience really appreciated him. I don't care what the marks were, the important thing is HE'S BACK!!!!! :hap10:

Adding -- Just bumped into his coach in the lobby and told him how much we enjoyed Dmitri's skate and wished them good luck for today.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
First medal in the senior GP series! :clap:

It really should have been a silver in my opinion but whatever they say.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
First medal in the senior GP series! :clap:

It really should have been a silver in my opinion but whatever they say.

Yeah. Don't want to get my blood pressure up because the judging was some of the shadiest I've ever seen, so I guess I'll just celebrate the medal. I hope he gets the PCS he deserves at CoR, plus a few more candies to make up for this joke of a competition.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Yeah. Don't want to get my blood pressure up because the judging was some of the shadiest I've ever seen, so I guess I'll just celebrate the medal. I hope he gets the PCS he deserves at CoR, plus a few more candies to make up for this joke of a competition.

I just hope Samarin being there doesn't hurt him because I do believe the Russian fed. like him more then they do Dmitri :unsure:

But thank god he still won a medal here even though after the SP the judges looked like they were trying to get a North American sweep (lower PCS marks then Messing :confused:) and leave Dmitri off it. Either way I'm just glad he's already skating better then he was last season (although those spins and his stanima still need work!). Now on to the next!

medoroa

On the Ice
I can't believe I'm going to say this about Jason Brown of all people, but he was overscored on home field and Dima deserved silver. Jason is a good skater who should get high PCS but he's not 7 points better than Dima.

However, this was a great outing for Dima and the sort of start to the season he deserves and needs! The program didn't fall apart after the initial mistake which is the most important thing. :)

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Dima for sure deserved silver, the competition was a joke, I agree, but I'm so glad he held it together despite the mistakes so yea Dima!

I hope not the Russian fed favors Samarin, so far Dima has done way better than him.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Interview after FS (in Russian) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJQg_drDPtM

https://rsport.ria.ru/20191020/1559989994.html

The Russian figure skater Dmitry Aliyev, who won the bronze at the first stage of the Las Vegas Grand Prix, told RIA Novosti that he was especially offended by the mistake made during the triple axel and robbing him of the silver medal of the tournament.

In the free program, Aliyev could not cope with the most difficult jump of the program - the quadruple lutz, and then, after two successfully completed quadruple sheepskin coats, made a “butterfly” instead of a triple axel and lost the second position in which he went after the execution of the short program.

“The mistake in the fourth lutz actually knocked me a little bit, because I did not expect that I would break this jump and make a butterfly. When I went to the lutz, I was a little out of concentration, but when there was an error, I decided to take everything I succeeded - I drove the first half of the program well, made two four-piece sheepskin coats. It's a shame for the triple axel - a butterfly. Because it was this mistake that deprived me of the second place, "Aliyev said.

“When an error occurs at the beginning of the program, the first thing that happens spontaneously is a breakdown and the key task is the ability to mobilize yourself, because the whole program is ahead. I and the trainer shouted from the board: we forget and do it further. When you hear this, it encourages. You remember right away that you’re not the only one to ride, there’s a person nearby who will always come to the rescue and support in any situation, ”the skater added.