Dmitri Aliev | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, nooooo... thought nothing will be sadder than Uno’s France, but sport is harsh. :ghug:

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Yea what happened? I feel for him so much. That was devastating for him.He has it all but today was not his day. Despite the mistakes he is still so elegant on the ice. I still believe in him. Tomorrow is a new day.

As always I wonder if he has said anything in a Russian interview?

mercybuckets

Rinkside
Poor Dima, that was hard to watch. The ending was just too much for me.

He is such a beautiful skater but this just wasn't his moment. Major respect for getting through the program and holding it together on the ice. After all those falls, especially on that last spin, to skate off with with his head up, even for a few moments, shows some serious inner strength imo

ragdoll

On the Ice
I like Aliev and felt so sorry for him yesterday. I hope he can overcome it and come back and do what we know he is capable of.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was so sad for Dima! He started off so well and then he looked so defeated in the KnC and I almost cried.

He started so well too! And I do love his song choice.

I do hope the Russian media will refrain from being jerks to him after this, but that might be asking too much.

I wish him all the best at Russian Nats! Go Dima! :cheer:

MintGreen

On the Ice
I feel emotionally depleted. It was so hard to watch, particularly toward the end when he was fighting back tears. Stay strong, Dima! It was just a bad competition. Just move on and believe in yourself!

mercybuckets

Rinkside
I wasn't able to watch the rusnats sp live today but I watched it later and Dima looked good to me. A little bit of a mistake on his triple axel but he seemed to really be in the moment and the music which is what I love so much about him. Fingers crossed for a strong fs!!!

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
I'm so happy for him 😍
I really hope winning Russian nationals gives him a big confidence boost.
He is the most elegant of them all

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Amazing to see him win RusNats — even with that freak fall. Getting ready to cheer for him in Europeans!

mercybuckets

Rinkside
DIMA!!! YES!! I was so happy to see him win. Oof that toe pick on the step sequence tho. His face said it all :palmf: But overall, a well-deserved success!!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
While the victory feels a little bit hollow since pretty much everyone was a hot mess, I'm of course happy that he won - this was a long time coming, and I knew his time would come. And I imagine they will finally have to start pushing his PCS a little more, which he deserves. I must admit that his FS music is really depressing me (esp. when the skating is not ideal) and I truly hope he will go another direction next season.

MintGreen

On the Ice
I am so happy for Dima. If I’m not mistaken, this is his first win of a major competition at senior level. And it comes at a time that can’t be more critical. He had been more consistent than ever this season until grand prix final. I was worried how things would go from there. A victory at the national will definitely boost his confidence. Despite the mistakes here and there, he put together two strong programs. His short program was full of emotion. He also held the free skate pretty well after the fall on 4T, except the freak fall. Glad it didn’t cost him too much. A win is a win. I’ll take it.

PCS wise, his time he finally received the highest points of the field. But that was with major mistakes from other skaters and the gap is pretty narrow. It is a small step toward the right direction.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
His ‘we soar’ exhibition skate gives me goosebumps every time it comes up on my collection of fav skates.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I knew this day would come. Feels sooooo good. First new European champ since 2012 and he totally deserved it, no question about it. I've been telling y'all for years...finally the universe has righted itself this season.

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Yes finally, Dima deserved Gold and the Standing ovation.
Im soo happy for him and I cried with him. He was so emotional on the K/C. Love him

Now there surely can't be any doubt about coach all the shhh people have been saying.
This shows he belongs in the World top

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I knew this day would come. Feels sooooo good. First new European champ since 2012 and he totally deserved it, no question about it. I've been telling y'all for years...finally the universe has righted itself this season.

Silverfoxes! I was thinking about you over in the competition thread, I'm so happy you got to see Dima's epic win!

And so happy for Dima too! He was wonderful,what redemption! I hope this is a good sign for Worlds!

And first Russian Euros champ since Plushy! :biggrin: