#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
OK Im gonna move on:laugh:

but ^%&$%#&%*^$*^%(&*^RTYVR%R%R
he deleted almost all of his Insta!!:sad4:
ugh Dima!:noshake:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^ Why would he do that? :confused: At least most of the pics should probably be posted at his VK group, I would think.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A new interview with Dima:

http://rsport.ru/interview/20160224/897981844.html

It's quite long, but worth the read. He talks about his good friendship with Daniel Samohin :love:, aspiring to the elite level of skating, and many other topics. It sounds like he wants to do a program from a movie soundtrack next season - the interviewer suggests Terminator, but I'm not sure about that one. :laugh: I wonder what would be good, and not too overused. Has anyone ever skated to Blade Runner before?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great interview! He's really honest & also pretty serious. I'm not suprised he's friends with Daniel. Daniel is similar to Javi in this ascpet: very likeable :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to Dima for passing that 80 points mark :hap10: Keep it up!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He needs a much better and North American coach

No, he doesn't. He has all the talent already, great technical ability for his age, and a very good coach & choreographer. What he does probably need is a good sports psychologist.

Last edited:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
He needs a much better and North American coach

oh gmyers, I like how you were always all doomed and gloomy about Russian ice dance, then about Russian men and how you always want to send Russian skaters to NA coaches. Honestly, do you work as a NA scout for figure skating but are just bad at it and don't know how to get people in?

I am sad Dmitri finished off the podium, but I am sure it will motivate him to work better. He's just 16, still learning, still growing. It wasn't a failure, it was a great experience to learn from!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, and this was his first Junior Worlds. Daniel was 12th and 8th at the last two Junior Worlds, for reference.

I know I shouldn't bother trying to engage with gmyers, but what's so special about North American coaches as a group? There is only one Brian Orser, and he can't coach every promising skater on the planet...and having him as a coach still isn't a guarantee of instant success. There are a lot of skaters at TCC who aren't doing as well as Javi and Yuzuru. Then there's the rest of the NA coaches, who certainly don't seem to have any better success rates with their men than the Russian coaches. Young male skaters are nearly all inconsistent, regardless of their coach, especially with the crazy tech content they are attempting these days. Dmitri has solid technique so if he can learn to calm his nerves, I think he will be just fine in the long run.

gmyers

Record Breaker
His pcs was not good for a person who was first after the sp. if he was coached in North America by Carroll or orser the judges would know he comes from a place where there is respect for pcs and having artistry in men's skating. He comes from a place where kovtun has been champion three times. The kovtun effect is very damaging. He doesn't have the pcs to compete for world medals in seniors. Why are all great ice dance teams in Detroit/Michigan? Because being there has great cache. Training in Russia for a man is awful. It means you are bad. Aliev is not bad he has great potential

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think I'm going to use the ignore list for the first time ever...really tired of reading this incoherent garbage over and over again.