Dmitri Aliev | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

gmyers

Record Breaker
The list is so long of Russian men with great potential who weren't given the proper support and programs and would soon vanish. Its got to stop! Aliev is so talented and he needs do get out! He's going to be a part of the post plushenko collapse.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
He needs a much better and North American coach

Russia have very strong tradition of good coaches, he doesn't need an american coach.

In St. Petersburg where he lives now, there is Alexei Mishin, the best coach ever in FS.

The Finn

Record Breaker
He needs a much better and North American coach

There is no need for that but most definitely U.S female skaters and pairs need a much better and Russian coach.

And also, never have coaches from one country dominated more than what Russian coaches dominated at the 2011 World Championships where all the TOP ice dance teams had a Russian coach. You can be coached abroad but you need to have a Russian coach.

All three medal-winning teams were led by Russian-born, American-based coaches, Igor Sphilband and Marina Zueva. The rest of the top ten was also dominated by Russian coaches: Nathalie Péchalat / Fabian Bourzat (Alexander Zhulin and Oleg Volkov), Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje (Anjelika Krylova), Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev (Elena Kustarova and Svetlana Alexeeva), Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov (Zhulin and Volkov), Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte (had gone to Nikolai Morozov a few months earlier) and Madison Chock / Greg Zuerlein (Sphilband / Zueva). Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier had one Canadian coach, Carol Lane, and one Soviet-born, Yuri Razguliaiev.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Russia have very strong tradition of good coaches, he doesn't need an american coach.

In St. Petersburg where he lives now, there is Alexei Mishin, the best coach ever in FS.

But where is Mishin's current man with great results? Why can't a talented russian man with great russian coach compete at the highest levels anymore?

There is no need for that but most definitely U.S female skaters and pairs need a much better and Russian coach.

And also, never have coaches from one country dominated more than what Russian coaches dominated at the 2011 World Championships where all the TOP ice dance teams had a Russian coach. You can be coached abroad but you need to have a Russian coach.

This is a fact. So why can't russian man + russian coach get anywhere?

What are your theories?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Guys, he is only 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daniel is 18! Two years is very long time to evolve.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
:curse::curse::shame::reye:

well basically Im still speechless:palmf:

Yes, and this was his first Junior Worlds. Daniel was 12th and 8th at the last two Junior Worlds, for reference.

I know I shouldn't bother trying to engage with gmyers, but what's so special about North American coaches as a group? There is only one Brian Orser, and he can't coach every promising skater on the planet...and having him as a coach still isn't a guarantee of instant success. There are a lot of skaters at TCC who aren't doing as well as Javi and Yuzuru. Then there's the rest of the NA coaches, who certainly don't seem to have any better success rates with their men than the Russian coaches. Young male skaters are nearly all inconsistent, regardless of their coach, especially with the crazy tech content they are attempting these days. Dmitri has solid technique so if he can learn to calm his nerves, I think he will be just fine in the long run.
well NA skaters are BALLETIC ya know!:popcorn: so everyone should go there

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
gmyers, you post your repetitive rubbish all over the forum like a broken record. Leave it out of Dmitri's fan thread if you want to moan about Russian men, Mishin, etc. Go pollute another thread.

I'm still looking for the ignore button... :drama:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
gmyers, you post your repetitive rubbish all over the forum like a broken record. Leave it out of Dmitri's fan thread if you want to moan about Russian men, Mishin, etc. Go pollute another thread.

I don't even know why but your post made me laughing :laugh:

I have only one complain: how so Dima & Alisa are in the same competition and there is no fluff from them? :dev2:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I have only one complain: how so Dima & Alisa are in the same competition and there is no fluff from them? :dev2:
both had bad luck here so I doubt any fluff will appear :sad21:

this +100!

& u should go to the profile & the ignore button is under the 'Send private message':biggrin:
I know this button all too well:laugh2:
& I never used this button on any forum before in my life! :laugh:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima wrote a nice message on his Instagram thanking his coach and friends:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDObW1lpXd19OjoTEVh54tfFpSyi9_DRk73hl80/

Dear Evgeny, @ alexander.samarin @ basingleb | @ danny_salmon Igor | @ Roman_savosin @ _disop_ @ yaro_paniot Irakli @ vladshokolat. Thank you for the time that flowed between us this week. Here, all those whom I love. And why it is here guys ?! I opened each one of them and made ​​everything that I wanted. Can you use up here morality, as I like .. 😅But I will not, I would say the most important thing! Without you I am nothing ❗Each complements me. Thank you for being there for me. Miss. Many people do not understand, but you do it on the shoulder, because you know me! All embraced. Waiting for the meeting. #bestime #bestfriend #forever

He has another competition this week :drama: Youth Final Winter Games in Saransk. The men's SP is on Saturday (more details in the Russian Qualifiers competitions thread). Cannot imagine how he will summon the energy for this, sigh...but I hope he will fight to finish the season on a high note.

http://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/1943-final-iii-zimnej-spartakiady-molodezhi-rossii-2016.html

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima leads, but not by much; but pretty good considering how tired he probably is. Just one last program & then he can relax...and me too ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima is the cover boy on a magazine:

http://best.kp.ru/fbs/komi/kpavia0816/

The interview starts on page 26. Unfortunately, it's not PDF format, so I hope someone would be kind enough to translate. There are many nice photos as well.

And in case anyone missed it, Dima tried pairs with Alisa:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFyy7voGzBG/

I would love to see them do an exibition together! :love:

edit - Part of the interview was posted here (mostly about his relationship with his coach, who he he regards as a second father :love:):

http://www.sports.ru/others/1040436598.html

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Has Dima said anything about staying in juniors for next season?

He is not on the list of candidates for Russian national team despite the fact that there are 10 men on the list and one of them is Samarin. So, based on this it seems likely that he will stay in juniors but has there been a confirmation for this?