Dmitri Aliev | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Has Dima said anything about staying in juniors for next season?

He is not on the list of candidates for Russian national team despite the fact that there are 10 men on the list and one of them is Samarin. So, based on this it seems likely that he will stay in juniors but has there been a confirmation for this?

I'm not sure what they will do. If Sota, Samarin, Nathan, Deniss, and Daniel are all going senior, then I can see why the Fed would want to keep him junior as he has an excellent chance to sweep everything, and the other Russian jr men will either still be very young or very unstable (Erokhov, etc.). IMO, he is a better skater than Samarin, but I guess Dima can afford to stay junior another year, while Sasha is a year older. And speaking of a year older, happy birthday to Dima! He's 17 today. :hb:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have updated Dmitri's OP.

Please have a look and tell me about anything that is missing that should be there and about anything that needs to be corrected.

Thanks, guys!

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, Sota, Denis, Daniel and Nathan have all moved to seniors now. One would expect to see Dima winning a lot of competitions this season. Although there are others like samarin who have also opted to attend to the JGP.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Dima started a Youtube channel for vlogging & posted this short video from Sweden, where his team is at another training camp. Alexander Majorov is in it as well. There's a funny bit with an elderly Swedish man in a store who is intrigued by the camera. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv7o3a0EYl8

I learnt that 'beach' in russian is same as in polish :popcorn: I think boys are lucky that Alexander has driving licence and car :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ha when he said in that interview that he would use music from a program he admired I suspected it would be Yags programm:agree:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Olga made a gorgeous program...I just love it! :love: I'm very impressed with the progress Dima is making...yes he made a silly error on the spin, but still managed first place, which is pretty great!

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
imo the name started working for him!
even headcasey he still had a great last season:biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima is off to a great start this season with his first gold medal! His FS program wasn't love at first sight like the SP for me, but it has potential. Most important is that he fought his way through with minimal errors (despite being visibly exhausted), and won by a pretty healthy margin. I hope he can continue to keep it together this season. The quality of his skating just gets better and better. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouf3ob-x07s

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
like 1 person said his progs this year like a true tributes to the great rivalry of old - Plushy vs Yags :agree::agree:

and won by a pretty healthy margin
maybe my bias but the point difference should have been bigger betw him & that 2 place guy:slink:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
ugh i thought Ive already calmed down but NOOOO:laugh:

:curse::palmf::furious::bang::bang: