2015 JGP Colorado Springs Ladies FS Sep 5 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Ladies FS Sep 5

NaVi

Medalist
Valeriya... good skate... if she had kept her SP from last year and they gave her an LP she could actually interpret she could be winning medals... but I'm unsure she'll get that opportunity next next year.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
She's 13, she was obviously concentrated on the elements after what happened last time. Something has to give in that situation & it tends to be the performance. I think she will get better at bringing it all together in the future.

hanca

Record Breaker
She's 13, she was obviously concentrated on the elements after what happened last time. Something has to give in that situation & it tends to be the performance. I think she will get better at bringing it all together in the future.
I think the fact that she kept calm and managed to land all her jumps may explain why Russia gave her the second event. She does have problem with under rotation at times, but she lands jumps consistently and if she works on the rotation, she could be pretty good next year. No visible mistake throughout the whole competition. Well done!

dna5019

Final Flight
See a lot of potential in Kim Na Hyun. Lovely arms, very fluid...I hope things go well for her.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Na Hyun looks as if she comes from the Nagasu school of expression when she skates. Does this girl EVER smile? She always looks as if she's sucking lemons.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Mikhailova is amazing as 13 years old, I thought she looked older. Good potential.

Interesting music edit from the Korean, I quite like it. Is it really from the film Sabrina? Not the Harrison ford version surely as I have that OST and don't recall music from there. I think NH lacks the finesse and polish I hope for, but she has other good qualities.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I think the fact that she kept calm and managed to land all her jumps may explain why Russia gave her the second event. She does have problem with under rotation at times, but she lands jumps consistently and if she works on the rotation, she could be pretty good next year. No visible mistake throughout the whole competition. Well done!

Agree! She has an obvious talent. Mikhailova is just 13 and needed more experience. That's why Russia believes in her, I think.

As an example, Miyahara almost always had UR problems and she hadn't had huge success as a junior. Now she is world silver medalist.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Oh wait she is from Russia?! Is it from the same choreographer?

According to ISU bios, their choreographers are different. Moreover Mikhailova is from Moscow while Liza trains in Petersburg.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
See a lot of potential in Kim Na Hyun. Lovely arms, very fluid...I hope things go well for her.

Lovely arm (extension to the fingertips from the core), musicality (or pay attention to the music) and fluidity to cover the ice seems to have become a Korean trait... not surprising perhaps.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
According to ISU bios, their choreographers are different. Moreover Mikhailova is from Moscow while Liza trains in Petersburg.

Oh thanks for the info. It is nice to see Liza inspire the youngsters though.

bluelutz

On the Ice
God, this reminded me of the nightmare of Josée Chouinard.
She did the same music with similar dress, and lots of falls.
Even skating style looks similar.

Referring to Emy and her "American in Paris" program.
Canadian skaters should not use that music!

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I really liked Marin, Yuna, Ekaterina and Nina yesterday. While Nina's point is lower, top five skaters are within 5 points difference, anyone can reach the podium in the end!