Country
United-States

hippomoomin

Record Breaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Higuchi wins, she makes the final, and if Honda wins silver they both make the final.

adelia

Record Breaker
Excellent foresight by the Russian Fed. Now they only have one competitor in each singles event.

witcher

Match Penalty
Wow, that's pathetic from RusFed, there is no way country with such ladies "resources" should be lacking substitution for GP event.
It's hard to believe it. :eek:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It makes sense, though, for Russia to not send Lazukin and Sakhanovich to a back-to-back event after their dismal performances in Spain. A tired skater who didn't perform well at the first event is in danger of getting injured at the second.

Lipea

Final Flight
Excellent foresight by the Russian Fed. Now they only have one competitor in each singles event.

What? Why don't they send someone else then? There are plenty of girls who are in great shape now and age eligible like Lozko or Konstantinova. I'm sure there are also boys who would benefit from the experience of competing there. What's wrong with the Fed? They don't want Alisa to get a spot in final?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
What? Why don't they send someone else then? There are plenty of girls who are in great shape now and age eligible like Lozko or Konstantinova. I'm sure there are also boys who would benefit from the experience of competing there. What's wrong with the Fed? They don't want Alisa to get a spot in final?

Who are they going to send? Russia has exhausted all their substitutes and has no options.

adelia

Record Breaker
Lozko and Konstantinova were not submitted as subs for Croatia in the first place so they can't replace Sima. Russia's subs list consisted of skaters who have already completed 2 JGPs. It's exceptionally poor planning and narrow mindedness. In the first place Lozko wasn't even invited to the test skate so the Fed never considered the option of giving her JGP.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia could have updated their list of substitutes as the JGPs went on but they didn't. It really doesn't matter at this point: if the goal is always to make the final, anyone new they sent to the last event couldn't have done that anyway. Pervushkina could make the final if she won, but Samarin couldn't, so really, why even send him?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Samoilov was listed as a sub for Croatia. I know he didn't do amazingly in Spain, but he also didn't totally bomb, so I think he could have used the experience. But maybe he wasn't ready to do another competition back-to-back. I don't really understand why someone like Efimchuk didn't get a chance at all.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Samoilov can jump, but he is no performer and he won't learn that with one more event.

Lipea

Final Flight
Russia could have updated their list of substitutes as the JGPs went on but they didn't. It really doesn't matter at this point: if the goal is always to make the final, anyone new they sent to the last event couldn't have done that anyway
Yes, but you omit the main point: if they would have sent someone strong like for ex. Lozko to last JGP it would dramatically increase Fedichkina's chances to get to the final. In fact, considering that Wakaba is not in her best shape, a strong Russian junior lady could be very likely 1st here, or at least beat one of the Japanese girls. Fedichkina showed herself very well, she definitely could be a podium contender in the final. How could they possibly not have subs with the depth of amazing girls they have? I just cannot get over this stupidity.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find it somewhat amusing that one Russian lady would be expected to go to a competition to ensure that another Russian lady makes the Final. :laugh2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find it somewhat amusing that one Russian lady would be expected to go to a competition to ensure that another Russian lady makes the Final. :laugh2:

It is called teamwork :yes:

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Yes, but you omit the main point: if they would have sent someone strong like for ex. Lozko to last JGP it would dramatically increase Fedichkina's chances to get to the final. In fact, considering that Wakaba is not in her best shape, a strong Russian junior lady could be very likely 1st here, or at least beat one of the Japanese girls. Fedichkina showed herself very well, she definitely could be a podium contender in the final. How could they possibly not have subs with the depth of amazing girls they have? I just cannot get over this stupidity.

Yep, the effect of the 2nd Russian girl could have been the same as Mitrofanova had earlier in the season when she beat Sakamoto and by doing so she helped Alisa very significantly. The same thing could have happen at Croatia also.

What really irritates me is the fact that this shortage of substitutes at Croatia was highly obvious at the beginning and already a month ago I pointed it out that there is a real chance this could happen.