2015 Finlandia Trophy 9-11 Oct General Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy 9-11 Oct General Chat

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Bad news :-/ Illinykh/Zhiganshin are listed as substitutes - but I guess there is little chance they will come to Finlandia, since they are skating at Mordovian Ornament the following week...

I think there is a possibility they could do it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think there is a possibility they could do it.

Yeah basically I think it depends what the fed wants, and the fed could want any one of three things- to have them do both, to have them stick to the current schedule, or to just have them do Finlandia and forget the Ornament. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to Finlandia after all, nor would I be surprised if not.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Yeah basically I think it depends what the fed wants, and the fed could want any one of three things- to have them do both, to have them stick to the current schedule, or to just have them do Finlandia and forget the Ornament. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to Finlandia after all, nor would I be surprised if not.

I agree. Findland wouldn't be too bad of a flight for them. I do hope the do both, I want to see them build on their programs and obtain ranking points. I also want to see how they match up against W/P.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree. Findland wouldn't be too bad of a flight for them. I do hope the do both, I want to see them build on their programs and obtain ranking points. I also want to see how they match up against W/P.

Nope not too bad of a flight at all, and I actually think it is in the same time zone, or at worst 1 hour off, so there would be no jetlag concerns. I'd be excited to see them go!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Well, we can hope... :-D

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
I think there has been feed in previous years. If any of you is on twitter it could be good idea to tweet to @skatingfinland and push them to organise a stream for fans outside Finland.

robredo40

On the Ice
Kaitlyn Weaver just comfirmed via twitter that they will be at this competition so all this injury nonsense was bogus.

LisaM

Medalist
Kaitlyn Weaver just comfirmed via twitter that they will be at this competition so all this injury nonsense was bogus.

Or it wasn't bogus but it was a long time ago and it healed enough or it was only very minor and it got blown up.
Glad they can make it though.

belladashwood

Rinkside
Kaitlyn Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker in Dance! I am excited to see what they have this year. I loved them last year, I hope they have something good for us this year.

Speaking of Hawayek & Baker, their short dance music is to The Nutcracker and the free dance music is from the film soundtrack The Theory of Everything. They've been working on new lifts for this season and making sure to hit the key points of the Ravensburger waltz in the SD.

umeko_yur1tasukee

On the Ice
:cheer: Go Go Elena, Julia, Rika and Hino :) I am so excited for the weekend :)

Good luck to everyone and to GS members that will watch Live :)

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Speaking of Hawayek & Baker, their short dance music is to The Nutcracker and the free dance music is from the film soundtrack The Theory of Everything. They've been working on new lifts for this season and making sure to hit the key points of the Ravensburger waltz in the SD.

Good to hear. I have my fingers crossed for them :).

LisaM

Medalist
Stepanova/Bukin have been removed from the entry list and no Russian couple will be taking over.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Stepanova/Bukin have been removed from the entry list and no Russian couple will be taking over.
Disappointing :-/

I see they have updated the schedule too, to reflect there are now only 3 groups of Men and Ladies instead of the original 4 each, due to a few withdrawals...

tvuckic16

Final Flight

I suppose that is not surprising since IZ will be skating in Saransk only a week later and they were the only other alternates listed.

I guess SB will be skating in Bulgaria instead, I suppose Bukin has recovered from his illness.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Doris, thank you SO MUCH for putting the events in individual folders! It's so much more convenient that way and easier to all of us to use...thank you!!!! :cheer: