2015 JGP Colorado Springs Favorite Programs by Non Medalists | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Favorite Programs by Non Medalists

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
2015 JGP Colorado Springs Favorite Programs by Non Medalists

Right now, I have had little chance to watch programs other than by the medalists, so you guys, who was awesome in the lower ranks?

Right now, I liked Paige Rydberg's SP.

And both programs by the Korean pair Ye Ri Kim and Alex Kam.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Both from the ladies SP.

Nina Ouellette (I just really liked her presentation and the shoot the duck in the middle of a 3-3 is just :jaw: )

and

Amy Lin!!! (Jump issues but the choreo is uninterrupted and delivered very strong :love: )
** I think I liked the look of her double flip better than a lot of eeked out triple flips which we see score more :slink:

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am so glad someone mentioned Amy Lin. I thought her SP and LP makes surprising thoughtful artistic programs, particularly the music construct and ambition to deliver a diverse range of intricate choreographic movement to music intentions in tempo changes and mood. Certainly far from the typical 'ice princess' junior programs. I particularly liked her FS and think it can work well (or even better) as a senior program.

Really funny to see judges mark for her PCS, they disagreed as much as 6.25 vs 4 in interpretation in her FS (I'd hae given her at least 6.25 consider Viv Le 6.36). Had she skated in the final flight, they would have been higher.

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Kim/Kam SP for sure.

I really, really liked Anni Järvenpään's FS. She is one to watch.

It was not Kailani Crane's best event, but I like her guts and her speed. I think both her programs have potential, but especially the SP.

ETA: Lewis/Bye, both programs!! I really like this team. They have a lot of style IMO. Wish they can get a spot on the podium eventually.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
mish-mash of what I've been watching lately

1. Kim/Kam SP (and a bit of their LP)
2. Amy Lin SP and LP (idk why but she resembles a Chinese gymnast named Huang Huidan)
3. Bent/new partner SD (sorry I forgot his name)
4. Anni J. SP
5. Promsan SP
6. Nahyun SP
7. Sihyoung SP
8. Kailani SP and LP
9. Anthony Cheng's half of a SP program
10. Mitrofonova SP
11. Joy/Max's SP

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Kim/Kam were definitely a pleasant surprise. Great music selections too (esp. the SP...Amelie is borderline warhorse, though I still like it)
In the ladies - I agree w/Kailani, and I also loved Alizee Crozet's FS (in spite of the falls/pops). I wish we could see more dramatic programs like that from the ladies.
And I have to mention Yaroslav Paniot, who looked and skated like a total relic from the 6.0 era, and I loved it! :laugh: I don't think everyone has to have 10 million transitions to be a worthy skater. There was something old-school and kind of comforting in his skating, for me.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
definitely Korean pair team's both programs !! what an improvement since JGP selection competition
Chloe Ing seemed like she was having the best time despite her mistakes and her smile was so genuine :love: i might be the only one but i think she looks like Kwan (not her skating but her face)
Amy Lin was great as well, great interpertation!
Yaroslav was a nice surprise
i enjoyed Na Hyun's programs but she looks pissed/in pain during her programs, and i love her arms and hands :love:
special mention to Joanna So and Minglu Zhao (for picking The Legend of 1900 music! great movie, i still remember the cigarette scene haha)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Paige Rydberg's SP, Nina Oulette's SP, Lea-Johanna Dastich's SP, Kailani Crane's FS, Anni Jarvenpaa, pretty much everything from team Korea, Tomoki Hiwatashi's SP, Anthony Boucher's SP.... :slink:

Last edited:

matscol

Rinkside
From the earlier groups in the FS, there was a girl from Hong Kong who really sold her program. Technically nothing to remember but in the arena the program worked and was the only one in the early groups that really held my attention.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed with everyone who said Amy Lin stood out, especially from the middle pack. She wound up in 10th place, which isn't bad considering it was her first JGP. I was reading up on Amy and she used to compete for the US, but switched to Chinese Taipei last year, probably to get more skating opportunities like the JGP circuit and to honor her heritage, even though she lives in CA. She's almost 16 and trains under Tammy Gambill, alongside Karen Chen, so not bad company to be in.

Her spins and skating skills, plus her interpretive skills were very good. She had issues with her jumps, sure, but I will keep an eye on Amy from now on.

I also enjoyed Kailani Crane (Australia), after noticing her last season. She's got charisma to spare and nice performer - she just needs to work on her UR issue and polish a bit and I think she'll only rise in the ranks.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Lee & Kam's SD & LP
Lewis & Bye's SD
Tomoki Hiwatashi's SP
Kim & Kam's SP
Chloe Ing's SP
Konkina & Reviya's SD

I also thought Valeriya Mikhailova had a great competition. I don't love her programs, but I loved how well she skated them.

In reverse, I loved Gropman & Somerville's SD. Just sorry about the mistakes.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Paige Rydberg's FS
Gropman & Sommerville's FD
Hoffman & ?'s SP (from Canada)
The Canadian dance team's FD
Kim & Lee's FD
Valeriya Mikhailova's SP