2015 JGP Cup of Austria Short Dance Sep 10 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Short Dance Sep 10

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sales/Wamstreeker are such a throwback! But I give them credit for using a Doris Day song from early in her career, before she became a professional virgin!

They do have a nice presence on the ice. I just hope their FD has a bit more zing to it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I liked this Canadian couple a lot. Hayley is charming :)

A bit underscored on PCS I thought.

BC dancers get no respect :rant:

btw their international debut was LPIDC, where they wer 4th to Parsons, Carreira Ponomarenko and Konkina/Reviya, if I am remembering correctly.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, Nikolas! Please do not wear a white shirt and white jacket again! What with the white ice and white boards, it makes everything too wishy-washy! :drama:

On the other hand, that is an absolutely beautiful costume that Haley is wearing! :love: And, unlike Nikolas' costume, it contrasts well with the background! :agree:

Lovely skating too! ;) Thought it would have been a bigger lead, though.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Very cool split move from K/P. Some of it was a bit messy (his twizzles looked a bit more like pirouhettes than twizzles), but they do have charm.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
How nice of Le Cac to take time out of his busy day as a junior accountant to join us here for some ice dancing.

Easily--easily!--the class of the field so far. I really enjoyed that.

TMC

Record Breaker
Loved how the Germans' rotational lift went so well with the music :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Messy messy messy from G/V. But I AM impressed that they found an uptempo number from Edith Piaf. That must have taken some doing! :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:shrug:

huge score for Lauriault/LeGac

I liked their lift and their first twizzle set, but not the rest.

But then, I never liked DubLau very much.

Where was the lilt in that waltz?

To quote Yosemite Sam, Sassafrassasassafrass.[SUP][/SUP]

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well I do think Colorado was considerably better in the SD so far. Some very messy skating here, and if it isn't messy, it is definitely lacking in zing.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Messy messy messy from G/V. But I AM impressed that they found an uptempo number from Edith Piaf. That must have taken some doing! :)

Come on. Leave the "Little Sparrow" alone. I like her!

(Although, to be fair, a lot of her songs are pretty miserable!)

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It would be cool!!! :agree:

But, personally, I think Lithuania and Australia have a better chance of getting in. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Olympic team is one man, one lady, one dance, one pair.

Denis Ten, Elizaveta Tursynbaeva, this dance couple...their chances are not bad at all to be one of the 10 teams.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Come on. Leave the "Little Sparrow" alone. I like her!

(Although, to be fair, a lot of her songs are pretty miserable!)

CaroLiza_fan

Oh I love Piaf but let's face it, she is not known for being little Ms Sunshine is she? :laugh2: That's why I was so impressed they found TWO uptempo songs from her. :bow:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Olympic team is one man, one lady, one dance, one pair.

Denis Ten, Elizaveta Tursynbaeva, this dance couple...their chances are not bad at all to be one of the 10 teams.

(Oops! Just noticed that I said the wrong Baltic State! Meant to say Latvia! :eek:: )

Just watched the Kazakh dance couple there now (I joined watching with the second couple), and they aren't bad! :biggrin:

But, do they have any good Pairs couples? Like, that is Japan's problem.

Australia has promising skaters in all categories. Maybe not the strongest yet, but a lot can happen in a couple of years. ;) :biggrin:

Latvia has very strong singles skaters that popped up without warning last season. If they could do the same with their couples as they have with their singles skaters, they could be in with a chance in 2018!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: