2015 JGP Cup of Austria Short Dance Sep 10 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Short Dance Sep 10

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am impressed with Junior judging, which seems much more reasonable than what we often see in Seniors.
Well, the French coming with the best prior score of 43 and having better TES than L/D and much better than E/D with synchronous super fast second set of twizzles? Cannot say that I am impressed with that. The second mark looks fair, though.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I miss the Foxtrot season :cry:

And it was the Finnstep season in senior and GAJWKNVJEOSLA THAT WAS THE BEST SHORT DANCE PATTERN EVER :cry:

Excuse my irrelevance. :p

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did you see Guoste DAMULEVICIUTE cheering like mad in the background when Nicole KUZMICH / Alexandr SINICYN finished their routine?

She and Deividas KIZALA were sitting in the audience directly behind where the Czechs finished.

I take it she knows them well!

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
Good way or bad way?

And I'm so confused with the ISU results page. Is the stream REALLY that lagging?

Well, both...I thought Eliana & Alex would've been much higher, and Julia & Damian much lower. Not complaining, though! I love their FD, so I hope they'll continue that momentum.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Protocols up. Eliana and Alex got dinged for a level 2 on the lift (have to look at again) and level 3 on the twizzle, which was correct due to Alex's stumble.

Free dance competition should be fierce.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well, the French coming with the best prior score of 43 and having better TES than L/D and much better than E/D with synchronous super fast second set of twizzles? Cannot say that I am impressed with that. The second mark looks fair, though.

Shrug. De gustibus. I find nothing interesting about E/B.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yeah, Alex struggles with twizzles, if it weren't for that they may have been closer to the top. L/D were also a bit sloppy on the twizzles but they carry more speed, although to my eyes, she in particular is not so solid on her skates. The FD truly will be fierce. I like all the couples though in first through fourth.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Shrug. De gustibus. I find nothing interesting about E/B.

Interesting is more about the second mark. I am talking about the TES score. Americans had the same score as L/D with a clear stumble, French were marked the highest, E/B on the other hand received the normal absolute score for what they showed but too low if compared with the others. Cannot say it was all above extraordinary - just the normal dance judging: the most controversial of all.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Interesting is more about the second mark. I am talking about the TES score. Americans had the same score as L/D with a clear stumble, French were marked the highest, E/B on the other hand received the normal absolute score for what they showed but too low if compared with the others. Cannot say it was all above extraordinary - just the normal dance judging: the most controversial of all.

Again, de gustibus non est disputandum. If that is how you feel, that is how you feel.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Again, de gustibus non est disputandum. If that is how you feel, that is how you feel.

The last part of my last post was not only about how I feel. It is the common knowledge that dance judges receive the highest number of infractions from ISU of all events.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Okay, I watched top 10. I mostly agree with the final placement. I think the French team score is a bit inflated, they were slower than top teams and weren't as sharp to my eye, but overall I think the judging was more or less okay. I still have questions about L/D step sequence level, I watched it in slow motion and most turns looked correct even if some edges weren't very deep. But I'm not technical expert, so I'm not going too deep into this. I don't remember them having such problem last season, so it's probably because this NtMiSt is not very comfortable for them, maybe too fast, I don't know.
They skated perfect Starlight waltz pattern again, all key points looked very nice. And they definitely have deepest edges on their chasse sequences out of all teams here, and they have a lot of attack overall. Alla also beautifully saved second set of twizzles after a loss of balance :biggrin:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Okay, I watched top 10. I mostly agree with the final placement. I think the French team score is a bit inflated, they were slower than top teams and weren't as sharp to my eye, but overall I think the judging was more or less okay. I still have questions about L/D step sequence level, I watched it in slow motion and most turns looked correct even if some edges weren't very deep. But I'm not technical expert, so I'm not going too deep into this. I don't remember them having such problem last season, so it's probably because this NtMiSt is not very comfortable for them, maybe too fast, I don't know.
They skated perfect Starlight waltz pattern again, all key points looked very nice. And they definitely have deepest edges on their chasse sequences out of all teams here, and they have a lot of attack overall. Alla also beautifully saved second set of twizzles after a loss of balance :biggrin:

Yup. I think the judging was surprisingly fair. I personally would have had the French fourth and P/B 3rd, but the scores are so close that it really is going to come down to the FS. Should be very fierce indeed!

I think one of my highlights was seeing how thrilled Damuelviucute was with her performance and score. She was one happy camper.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The question is not whether dance judges as a class often deserve infractions, but whether the tech calls on this event were substantially correct, and whether the judges as a group assigned GOE and PCS in a consistent way, and in accordance with the rules.

IMO, the French, who got a timing error on one of the pattern dance key points did not have particularly good timing on the whole dance and their PCS Timing/Interp grade should have suffered.

However, this season and last, suddenly timing is not as big deal as I am accustomed to :shrug: AFAI can see, consequently, I feel strongly out of synch with this quad's grading.

As far as tech calls, my questions would be L&D's step at level 2 (last outing was level 1) and P&B's level 2 on the lift. I am not saying these calls are incorrect, just that I need to look at them again. (tech panel questions)

PCS Order:

L&D 29.83
P&B 29.16
E&B 27.72
B&D 27.69
L&L-G 27.40

The French and Biechler & Dodge got the leg up from tech panel

Base level:

L&L-G 27.00
B&D 27.00
L&D 26.70
P&B 25.10
E&B 24.90

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
P/B USA What a lovely team .She has a beautiful free leg extention and she's very graceful.

noidont

Final Flight
Loboda's dress is so so so ugly. They are very sloppy this year. Shame since I liked them last year. All the other teams are equally uninteresting, especially the two American teams. One of the team looks like they are just going to prom.