2015 JGP Cup of Austria Ladies Short Program Sep 10 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Ladies Short Program Sep 10

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to watch the Ladies SP LIVE. :disapp: So, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the best to all the girls taking part.

But, there are three girls in particular that I woud like to give a special mention to:

Wakaba Higuchi
I absolutely loved Wakababy last season!!! Such talent for one so young! I not only want her to win in Austria, but to win the Junior GP Series overall!

Alexandra de Hanovre
Figure skating royalty, in the truest sense of the phrase! I have always had a soft sport for Princess Alexandra's family (see what I wrote in last season's EYOF thread). OK, so she won't be challenging for top spots, but I'll be delighted with whatever her result is!

Ciara Hoey
Come on, her hometown is in Northern Ireland!!! Of course I want her to do well!!! And, based on the appearances she has made in previous competitions outside of Ireland, she has a good chance of doing well! ;)

Right. That's it. I'm not wishing anybody all the best again! Beause I managed to put the skud on everybody that I singled out for special wishes this week! :bang:

Although I decided not to actually say it out loud for fear of jinxing them (Oh, the irony! :drama: ), I was hoping that Ciara Hoey would get a Top 20, and that Alexandra de Hanovre would get a Top 30. Now, both of them will have to have the skate of their lives (and disasters from quite a few of the skaters above them) in the FS just to get into the Top 30.

I admit, Alexandra is not the best skater in the world (that's Mao Asada ;) ). But, I do think her score was lower than it should have been. Personally, I would have put her a LOT closer to Ciara's score than the judges did.

Although, I have to say, for most of Alexandra's routine, I was screaming in my head "WOULD YOU PUT YOUR ARMS DOWN!!!" That is the sort of thing people do when they are only starting to get confident on the ice. But, Alexandra has been on the ice for years. So, perhaps she was a lot more nervous about making her Junior GP debut than it seemed.

But, as WrongEdge has already pointed out, she took it well. And given what her Mum and Uncle Albert are like, I wouldn't have expected anything less! That family is so likable! They may be born into Royalty, but they are so down to Earth!

On the subject of underscoring, we come to the third girl I was cheering on. Wakaba Higuchi. Yes, she had that strange pause. But, apart from that, the routine didn't look like it should be as far down as 8th.

I made no secret that I wanted Wakababy to win this GP. But now the best she can hope for is a Top 5 (barring disasters ahead of her, I think the podium is out of reach). However, if she does have a niggling injury, she could just as easily go down as go up, as there are so many skaters with similar scores in the SP.

You know, I think I'll skip the Men's and Pairs SP's for now, and jump straight to the Ladies FS this afternoon. I want to know what happens!!!

CaroLiza_fan