2015 JGP Cup of Austria Mens FS Sep 12 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Cup of Austria Mens FS Sep 12

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope this is enough for Vincent to make the JGPF. He has two silvers. So.....that means a chance hopefully. Obviously Dmitri has secured a spot.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Good to see a Ukrainian on the podium too! I've been really impressed with Ukrainian jrs. in this JGP all around.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I hope this is enough for Vincent to make the JGPF. He has two silvers. So.....that means a chance hopefully. Obviously Dmitri has secured a spot.

#FingersCrossed

And because we already have one guy who's pretty mush a shoo-in as well, and another one (Alexei Krashonozhon) who could make it, this will be a much better final for the Americans that last year!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aliev was less than 5 points ahead of Zhou in the FS---once Zhou gets his 3a, that gap will be closed.

BTW, I noticed that Yuriy Balkov was listed as a judge for the Men's SP, but not for the FS. Wonder what happened? Was he caught tapping his shoe again?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
BTW, I noticed that Yuriy Balkov was listed as a judge for the Men's SP, but not for the FS. Wonder what happened? Was he caught tapping his shoe again?

I think you are the only one here who cares more about the judges than the skaters, so you probably won't get the answer you are looking for.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I DO care about the skaters---that's why I notice the judges. The skaters should be judged by a panel of honest judges who follow the rules. Skaters should be judged by what they show on the ice, not for anything else.

Balkov is a disgraced judge, suspended for cheating, who was demoted just this past year for reasons which the ISU did not divulge. He had an assignment last week and was judging at this competition yesterday, but was suddenly not judging here today. It bothers me that he is allowed to judge at all, let alone at a competition for junior skaters.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okayyyyyyy I think we should talk about how happy we are for the skaters.

ANYWHO, So now Vincent and Dmitri are going to be in the JGPF! How many of you are excited now?! :D

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Okayyyyyyy I think we should talk about how happy we are for the skaters.

ANYWHO, So now Vincent and Dmitri are going to be in the JGPF! How many of you are excited now?! :D

Dmitry so far is the only one who can challenge Nathan (frankly speaking, Sota is too far). The easiest route is to be as good as he was here and not to double his lutz. With some pcs improvements as the season unfolds he could be around 230 then. To get to the 235-240 territory he has to improve his levels. I do not know if it is feasible.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dmitry is chasing Nathan, but Nathan is chasing the top US senior men; his goal is to place top 3 at US Nationals in January. To do that, Nathan has to score around 275 points. Obviously, he can't do that in junior competition because he can't land quads in the SP. But he can pack the FS, which is what he is doing in the JGP. He is contemplating putting 3 quads in the FS.

I'm not sure Dmitry can challenge Nathan. To my eye, Dmitry started off gangbusters, but was noticeably tired and getting slower and more labored towards the end of the FS. Nathan didn't look like that---he had the same energy from start to finish. Maybe it's because Nathan trains at altitude (Salt Lake City, 1320 m above sea level). His event was at Colorado Springs, which is at an even higher altitude than SLC (1600m), but he was conditioned to it.

Vincent Zhou trains in Colorado Springs, and he has that same relaxed look on the ice.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I think Dmitri is not top material just yet. Yes, the jumps are there, but everything else need a lot of work, and I'm not only talking about his presentation skills, but also spins, step seqs, choreo, body movements.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think Dmitri is not top material just yet. Yes, the jumps are there, but everything else need a lot of work, and I'm not only talking about his presentation skills, but also spins, step seqs, choreo, body movements.

:thumbsup:

Same with Vincent. TONS of potential, but they're both still 'young' skaters. Give them time before dumping boatloads of expectation on them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent's spins are fantastic, and his body movements are more agile and smoother than Dmitry's. OTOH, Vincent's jumps, while technically correct, aren't as high and huge as Dmitry's and don't have as much power. Vincent is still growing and is at that stage where he is getting taller but his muscle mass hasn't yet developed proportionately. Dmitry is a little older and has matured physically if not artistically.